VinnieB

Sluggish movement?

I'll admit I've been away from this game for about a week now, but from what I remember it was fine before. Downloaded the update yesterday and played a few FPP games but I feel the movement is very sluggish and sensitive. I had to double check and make sure my TV switched to game mode (which it automatically does with the XBox, and it was on game mode). The transition from moving left to right, right to left is very slow, delayed and sluggish. Trying to run through the little hallways in Ruins was a struggle. I felt like I was trying to time my corners but I would end up running into a wall or turning too late. Running in a straight line seems like a challenge now. It feels like the left sticks sensitivity is too much and right stick has a sluggish delay.    

• Like 1

Play around with the new sensitive options in the safety of the Training Ground.  Turn down dead zone, turn up general sensitivity, turn up movement sensitivity, etc.

I adjusted the settings & find the controls the best they’ve been TBH.  The sensitivity bump was overdue.

• Like 2

To me I’m walking on ice!! It’s broken as usual. 

Edited by trakkerx
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GabeSousa said:

Did you restart your Xbox after updating the game? 

If you didn't, try that. 

You'd be amazed what doing this will fix.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, trakkerx said:

It's not broken at all, you need to get used to it, that's all.

15 minutes ago, Critic said:

It's not broken at all, you need to get used to it, that's all.

You reckon? All my pals are saying the same, they feel it’s broken too. I feel it’s not right or at least worse than before. I’m constantly having to step back to pick items up which I would normally be able to pick up quickly. I will get used to it but I still feel it’s a fuck up rather than an improvement!

Just now, trakkerx said:

You reckon? All my pals are saying the same, they feel it’s broken too. I feel it’s not right or at least worse than before. I’m constantly having to step back to pick items up which I would normally be able to pick up quickly. I will get used to it but I still feel it’s a fuck up rather than an improvement!

It's way better then the previous movement in my eyes.

Just now, Critic said:

It's way better then the previous movement in my eyes.

Are you a high sensitivity player? Would be interesting to compare. I had my movement down perfectly, I could quickly pick up while moving etc. Now I’m struggling to go up steps to enter building, pick up items, even walk in a straight line! I play in squads mostly and we all agree it’s not right. I play around 5 hours a day every day so it’s hit me hard and don’t even think I’ll bother till it’s resolved, in fact for the first time in god knows how long I came off last night at 11pm instead of around 2am!! 

1 minute ago, trakkerx said:

Are you a high sensitivity player? Would be interesting to compare. I had my movement down perfectly, I could quickly pick up while moving etc. Now I’m struggling to go up steps to enter building, pick up items, even walk in a straight line! I play in squads mostly and we all agree it’s not right. I play around 5 hours a day every day so it’s hit me hard and don’t even think I’ll bother till it’s resolved, in fact for the first time in god knows how long I came off last night at 11pm instead of around 2am!! 

These are my settings currently.

I don't think they'll resolve anything as there isn't anything to resolve in my eyes.
It's literally perfect, I don't have any issues.

186087147_05Screenshot2018-10-2613-31-46.png.104bbf9cae2d9f52ef30f0b5c2d5d796.png1151481353_05Screenshot2018-10-2613-32-11.png.b87ce121d74c9500021ebf291e931a37.png

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't say it's broken, but the controls are definitely more sensitive. OP I know exactly what you mean I felt the same thing first game after update. I've tried every piece of advice I've read here, but it still feels off. 

I managed to get a solo win today and i don't feel like it's hindering me in any way so I'm not too fussed. 

24 minutes ago, Critic said:

I don't think they'll resolve anything as there isn't anything to resolve in my eyes.

186087147_05Screenshot2018-10-2613-31-46.png.104bbf9cae2d9f52ef30f0b5c2d5d796.png1151481353_05Screenshot2018-10-2613-32-11.png.b87ce121d74c9500021ebf291e931a37.png

Im an aim acceleration off guy but will try these settings and see if the floaty ice skating feeling is still apparent or not.

thanks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trakkerx said:

Im an aim acceleration off guy but will try these settings and see if the floaty ice skating feeling is still apparent or not.

thanks

I hope they help and honestly once you get used to the new movement, the ice skating feeling you speak of, will be no more. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Critic said:

How you guys manage to play with type A and aim acceleration on is beyoing me. Lol

Maybe that's your issue right there. 

Try type B and turn aim accelation off. 

You'll thank me later. 

12 minutes ago, GabeSousa said:

How you guys manage to play with type A and aim acceleration on is beyoing me. Lol

You'll thank me later. 

I think you've miss-read my post.

I don't have any issues and type A is fine for me along with my settings.

Its weird now that you say it, cause my one buddy was going on all last night (also FPP) and I was like I dont notice it chill lol,  hes one OG and Im on the X but now you have me thinking he wasn't crazy lol

46 minutes ago, GabeSousa said:

You'll thank me later. 

I’m type B and aim acceleration off and have the issues.

im also on a One X

Edited by trakkerx
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, trakkerx said:

Yep, I'm experiencing this too, forgot to mention that. I used to be able to hit the start button right before I walk/run over a pile of loot, stop moving and pick and choose what I want to pick up. Now when I do that, and stop right when the loot shows up, my character still moves forward and past the loot. Hence the ice skating effect. Feels like a lot of input lag.   

Oh yeah, Type B no aim acceleration and XBox One X.   

Edited by VinnieB

I found myself getting stuck on tiny edges that would stop my sprint by catching me i guess, movement felt very jittery and i upped my deadzone and it helped a bit 

3 hours ago, trakkerx said:

This!!  I felt like I was flying around and floating.  I got used to it, changed a couple of sliders...but definitely felt different.

9 hours ago, Critic said:

Well im trying your setting now and they are world’s better than mine!!! Thank you!

1 hour ago, trakkerx said:

Well im trying your setting now and they are world’s better than mine!!! Thank you!

That's great to hear man, good stuff.

• Like 1

PUBG needs to play Metal Gear Solid 5: Online, and base their movement and animations system similar to that. I love how fluid and flexible Metal Gear Solid's character movement is, and how you can lay prone and turn around laying on your back changing positions on the ground. PUBG needs a covering system, a diving system where while you're running you can dive behind cover... Now that's realistic! If PUBG had something similar to, MGS5's character movements and animations with PUBG's gunplay mechanics... OMG!!!