I’m talking about those who played :

Goldeneye

Quake

Doom

BF 1942

Timesplitters

Halo

etc etc

We know PUBG has its faults but is truly mound breaking.

Show your love and add you GTs...maybe we can form an old farts convention?! 

Played all those and more! The one that really sucked me in and made me late to work was rainbow six 3 on og Xbox. It was the first online shooter I remember playing. No more dragging TVs and Xbox’s for lan. Friends and I would play team survival or survival for hours. Never remember playing death match type games always one life. Then rainbow six Vegas on 360. Introduced tpp corner camping. Cod was cool at first but died to me when they removed hardcore headquarters. Bad company 2 rush and it’s Vietnam expansion kept me busy. Oddly don’t like rush in any other battlefield. For me pubg seems to take everything I loved about those games ( mostly the tactics involved and the punishment for miscues) stripped me to my fist, threw me in a plane and said good luck. As long as there are populated servers I will be trying to eat chicken! I know it’s dying but my friends list already has several blackout converts back to scratch that itch.                                   Gt: mellow chef 33

• Like 1

man... I would love to see a port of Goldeneye with a modern controller.

We played that game sooooo much back in high school. I'm still a south paw because of it. Could never unlearn using left thumb to aim right thumb to move.

Anyone tried the 360 version of Perfect Dark? 

1982 here, first online shooter I got into was Duke Nukem 3D player over the phone line with my mate from school. Whoever hosted had a major advantage so we’d take turns. I remember the phone use to ring before the modem kicked in and started screaming. You’d have to yell out “don’t answer it” ??‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Black Dahlia NZ said:

1982 here, first online shooter I got into was Duke Nukem 3D player over the phone line with my mate from school. Whoever hosted had a major advantage so we’d take turns. I remember the phone use to ring before the modem kicked in and started screaming. You’d have to yell out “don’t answer it” ??‍♂️

Haha I remember it so well, we could never get duke nukem to work for some reason. It was usually blood, or shadow warrior. I always wanted to play duke as that was the game which just had such crazy level design it was ground breaking at the time. It was the first game after doom which took it to another level. The humour was great also.

I used to love also all the point and click adventure games (monkey island), the Ultima series (espescially Ultima 7 and Ultima online), syndicate, dune 2, command and conquer, original GTA. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RACED said:

The biggest injustice in the gaming world is that Half Life never continued its franchise. 

Very tragic that. I loved HL1 and bought the two expansion packs that went with it. Very good games.

Ooo back in my day when I was about 11 and beyond, my go to PC games were:

Catacombs 3D

Doom

Doom 2

Half Life + expansion packs

Heretic

Hexen

King Pin

Quake

Sin

Wolfenstein 3D

Edited by SuperFX2

I spent soooo many hours wrecking my brothers on Halo / Goldeneye / Perfect Dark, great great times.

I first got into online gaming with the original CoD though, Carentan was near perfection as a CQC map, way over 1000 hours on CoD....

Makes me feel so old but I'm only 35 lol.

4 hours ago, pajama dad said:

Anyone tried the 360 version of Perfect Dark? 

Yeah it does not translate well unfortunately. Just doesn't feel right with the xbox controller (though that may be the sheer amount of hours I put in on the N64 version).

I'd likely avoid Goldeneye if it came out in a similar manner, because revisiting PD almost ruined it for me. I''ll live with the memory thanks.

18 hours ago, RACED said:

The biggest injustice in the gaming world is that Half Life never continued its franchise. 

Yes, this.  I still check headlines once in a while hoping Value pulls the stick out of their a** and just makes 3 already.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DJBast said:

Gotta give my love to SOCOM. Best 3rd person series (at least the first few) and what I was really hoping for with PUBG. PUBG has the look, the style, the intriguing game mode, and had the potential, but the gunplay and character movements are worse than a game from the early 2000's. I still can't figure that one out.

OMG how could S1 and S2 be missed on here, no games had me addicted like they did ...well up until pubg that is... add me Dead Muppet - im not great but oh well

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saikred said:

Yeah it does not translate well unfortunately. Just doesn't feel right with the xbox controller (though that may be the sheer amount of hours I put in on the N64 version).

I'd likely avoid Goldeneye if it came out in a similar manner, because revisiting PD almost ruined it for me. I''ll live with the memory thanks.

crud. 

Well... its not expensive. it still might be worth getting and screwing around with my kids.

2 minutes ago, pajama dad said:

crud. 

Well... its not expensive. it still might be worth getting and screwing around with my kids.

Oh absolutely it's still worth what it costs for nostalgia, but go into it knowing it will probably not be as you remember.

There are issues and such that you just don't notice when you're young and don't know any better lol.

Edited by Saikred

1 hour ago, Jack_Burton said:

Yes, this.  I still check headlines once in a while hoping Value pulls the stick out of their a** and just makes 3 already.

Totally agree!! Such a let down that 3 was never created :(

Haha loved the old halo games. My first proper multiplayer fps was caning my brother at medal of honour our underground on the ps1. Gt is the same as my username on here. Not sure if 26 is old enough to make me an old fart quite yet though. 

On 10/28/2018 at 4:47 AM, hugeAXE WOUND said:

Goldeneye

Quake

Doom

BF 1942

Timesplitters

Halo

etc etc

Man I almost forgot how sick Time Splitters was :) also Kirb69 is GT if you wanna play any PUBG. I am not that great at shooting but I play often and am all about some legit squad play.

Edited by KILLMODE KIRB
Forgot GT

8 hours ago, Saikred said:

I spent soooo many hours wrecking my brothers on Halo / Goldeneye / Perfect Dark, great great times.

I first got into online gaming with the original CoD though, Carentan was near perfection as a CQC map, way over 1000 hours on CoD....

Makes me feel so old but I'm only 35 lol.

me too and we are old LOL

On 10/28/2018 at 8:47 AM, hugeAXE WOUND said:

Goldeneye

Quake

Doom

BF 1942

Timesplitters

Halo

etc etc

That's not old school.

Atari 2600 is proper old school.

Combat

Pac man

Defender

Space invaders

River raid

Pitfall

Have to show some love to Time Crisis with the light gun accessory. Not a great game, but I loved that arcade FPS on my PlayStation back in the day. Lots of Halo after that for me 

Gost recon pc was and will always be my favorite competitive shooter and pubg never gave me the shakes like I had back in the day but the feelings pubg give me are just the same. Peeking, strafing, and sniping are all very much played out the same but the sandbox makes the engagements fresh every time.

BTW LFG, been flying solo for the past couple of weeks, just add me and invite.

Edited by ST6 Rawker

On 10/28/2018 at 6:47 PM, hugeAXE WOUND said:

Goldeneye

Quake

Doom

BF 1942

Timesplitters

Halo

etc etc

Any old farts here still play golden eye control scheme? I’ve 300-400 wins with my old fart goldeneye controls ?

Finally a grown up thread!!!  Hopefully we can reunite and grow as an older gaming community, thru PUBG custom servers!  Or just gaming in general! Looking forward to meeting you dudes 

GT: xXMetalFlakeXx

Xbox One OG

SSD

200mbps (hardwired)

Black hawk Down

Area 51

Unreal

Delta Force

Half Life

Counter Strike

Fear (all)

Battlefield 2, 3, 4