hugeAXE WOUND

For all the old school gamers...

On 10/28/2018 at 11:13 AM, Master Lao said:

No love for the original shooter?!? What about Duck Hunt that came on the same cartridge as Super Mario Bros?

My brother didn't know you could control the ducks with a controller. I trolled him so bad, he almost threw the light gun out the window.

• Like 1

Ok so I have -

xXMetalFlakeXx

Dead Muppet

Kirb69

ST6 Rawker

mellow chef 33

Anyone else? 

My gt is HugeAXE WOUND, add and follow so when I post the group you’ll see it, it’ll be called “Pensioners Lunch”

Im U.K. and I jump on as and when I can due to life’s commitments but happy to squad up whenever.

Phil the A Mech  is my GT. Like you I play when I can which usually involves booting my son off so I can grab a game.

21 hours ago, Jack_Burton said:

Yes, this.  I still check headlines once in a while hoping Value pulls the stick out of their a** and just makes 3 already.

You get a rumour every now and then but it turns out to be nothing.  Valve is like the worst drug dealer ever.  They get you hooked, they give you a sequel and then chalk f**k on it and move on to something else.  Both Half Life and Left 4 Dead have done this and I played the shit out of those games many times over.

2 hours ago, hugeAXE WOUND said:

Ok so I have -

xXMetalFlakeXx

Dead Muppet

Kirb69

ST6 Rawker

mellow chef 33

Anyone else? 

My gt is HugeAXE WOUND, add and follow so when I post the group you’ll see it, it’ll be called “Pensioners Lunch”

Im U.K. and I jump on as and when I can due to life’s commitments but happy to squad up whenever.

I'm up for a spot of lunch.  Gamertag is my forum name.

Doctor VonBrown is mine, I'll be up for getting in the group. I come from the days of amiga 500s so i think I am valid.

I'm not much of a squad/duo player but will give it my best. 

I Look forward to gaming with the group!

For some reason my post has been hidden, I don't think this site likes my gamer tag which is why I am pro profanity. So silly. If you can take it off this pic instead. Thanks I would like to join the group. 

20181027_235623.jpg

Back when i was in middle school we got our first computer lab. We were the only school in the entire county to have one. There really wasnt any blocks on what you could do so I promptly loaded DOOM2 and Quake on all of them. Our teacher pretty well slept during that class because he had no idea how to use a computer. Every day for like 6 months the whole class spent an hour playing deathmatches until the principal caught on. She was not impressed to say the least. The only two words we could type were “IDDQD” and “IDKFA”??

On 10/29/2018 at 6:04 AM, SuperFX2 said:

Ooo back in my day when I was about 11 and beyond, my go to PC games were:

Catacombs 3D

Doom

Doom 2

Half Life + expansion packs

Heretic

Hexen

King Pin

Quake

Sin

Wolfenstein 3D

YES!! HERETIC! Shit, that game took up so much of my life...I haven't thought about that in like 20 years!

Definitely Rise of the Triad! Loved the gratuitous gore and the magic shroom that made you go into trip-out mode. 

Another one one of my favorites on PC was Lords of the Realm. 

• Like 1

Sorry I’m taking so long getting the group set up, work / family commitments etc but I’ll be on this Friday evening UK time (around 6.30pm hopefully) and will get the group live then. Will also be on Saturday morning if possible.

Obviously if numbers are above 4 we will have to split out. 

Thanks for your patience ?

19 hours ago, hogstatushugo said:

The reason I play this game is because it reminds me of SOCOM!

Can't believe it took 3 pages for the first mention of Socom. Remember those days!? We played in US East 6 all the time and new every team that called that server there home.

I've played so many of the main stream shooters at a highly competitive level in tournaments, UMG, MLG, etc. Socom, Call of Duty, Gears, Halo. Nothing to this day has come close to the experience I had with Socom. That game was amazing and way ahead of it's time when it comes to multiplayer. This game really has the closest feel to Socom I've come across yet.

The one thing I wish they'd add is Private Matches. Once we get the ability to host private lobbies it opens up the ability for tournaments. I also think some communities could take advantage of it by hosting community servers where people can pop in and out as they get on. 

• Like 3

I support this thread. 

sometimes the bugginess of PUBG makes me feel a bit nostalgic about my old games.

I remember being about 12 or so and Quake Scaring the pants off me. Quake2, love that game...basically set the stage for me falling in love with Halo. 

3 hours ago, Mnesic said:

Can't believe it took 3 pages for the first mention of Socom. Remember those days!? We played in US East 6 all the time and new every team that called that server there home.

I've played so many of the main stream shooters at a highly competitive level in tournaments, UMG, MLG, etc. Socom, Call of Duty, Gears, Halo. Nothing to this day has come close to the experience I had with Socom. That game was amazing and way ahead of it's time when it comes to multiplayer. This game really has the closest feel to Socom I've come across yet.

The one thing I wish they'd add is Private Matches. Once we get the ability to host private lobbies it opens up the ability for tournaments. I also think some communities could take advantage of it by hosting community servers where people can pop in and out as they get on. 

8 man squads anybody? US West 1 player here

• Like 1

On 10/28/2018 at 11:02 AM, DJBast said:

Gotta give my love to SOCOM. Best 3rd person series (at least the first few) and what I was really hoping for with PUBG. PUBG has the look, the style, the intriguing game mode, and had the potential, but the gunplay and character movements are worse than a game from the early 2000's. I still can't figure that one out.

SOCOM!!! that's what got me started with online multiplayer games. similar intensity to PUGB

I go back as far as intellivision, Coleco and Altered Beast on Sega Genesis! To me there are games that define a genre every so many years. (In no specific order)

SOCOM with online shooters

Gears of War for CO-OP campaign online

Metal Gear for original campaign

Modern Warfare/Ghost Recon Advanced warfare changed the game for FPS online

The Last of Us actually made me tear up at the end

PUBG even with it's issues started a new genre for me online. intense yet still slow paced enough to not need RED BULL to keep up with the 12 year olds! 

@Dead Muppet @coryjb70 @Mnesic 

Socom 2 has to be the best 3rd person online multiplayer ever! I know a lot of marriages that were in jeopardy cause of this game, including mine.

I wish PUBG had a hostage game mode like Socom, could you imagine how insane that would be.

I hope this new snow map is like Blizzard & Frostfire!

13 minutes ago, hogstatushugo said:

@Dead Muppet @coryjb70 @Mnesic 

Socom 2 has to be the best 3rd person online multiplayer ever! I know a lot of marriages that were in jeopardy cause of this game, including mine.

I wish PUBG had a hostage game mode like Socom, could you imagine how insane that would be.

I hope this new snow map is like Blizzard & Frostfire!

I preferred s1 over s2 but played the shit out of both of them, why is Desert Glory still sooo much better than miramar ?

• Like 1

On 10/28/2018 at 11:02 AM, DJBast said:

Gotta give my love to SOCOM. Best 3rd person series (at least the first few) and what I was really hoping for with PUBG. PUBG has the look, the style, the intriguing game mode, and had the potential, but the gunplay and character movements are worse than a game from the early 2000's. I still can't figure that one out.

Yeah man Socom 2 was the shit! Loved that game so much until code 9 destroyed it. 

Marathon on Macintosh. Amazing game and the main reason why I was and still in love with the HALO franchise. Bungie has always been amazing