I’m talking about those who played :

Goldeneye

Quake

Doom

BF 1942

Timesplitters

Halo

etc etc

We know PUBG has its faults but is truly mound breaking.

Show your love and add you GTs...maybe we can form an old farts convention?! 

• Like 3

Fucking loved Goldeneye. I was epic at that. Think it was the first game I played that would produce different results depending on where you shot i.e. a groin shot would see your enemy go down holding his nuts in agony.

Doom and Halo were both ground breaking too. Never really played quake but I do remember there were cheats for doom that if you tried to use on quake (same company) it would remove all of your weapons. 

Also played Wolfenstien 3d it was really basic but great fun. 

Duke Nukem was one of the first games I played that was aimed at adults with a great array of weapons.

Great times.

• Like 1

Fps games I remember.

Wolfen 3d

Doom

Duke

Blood

Shadow warrior 

Rise of the triads

Quake 

Goldeneye

Half life.

Halo

I used to play modem dial up matches with my next door neighbour and although I loved the games, I always got destroyed by him. I used to shout and rage so much. Eventually I got a msg from him on screen 'i can hear you shouting' haha good times. I really loved the atmosphere of 1 vs 1 modem games. 

Quake, half life, goldeneye, and halo were absolute game changers. We used to link up 2 xbox originals and have two teams of four split screen style halo matches. Super fun.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hugeAXE WOUND said:

I’m talking about those who played :

Goldeneye

Quake

Doom

BF 1942

Timesplitters

Halo

etc etc

We know PUBG has its faults but is truly mound breaking.

Show your love and add you GTs...maybe we can form an old farts convention?! 

I don't see tribes aerial assault for the ps2, now Im upset. ?

Gotta give my love to SOCOM. Best 3rd person series (at least the first few) and what I was really hoping for with PUBG. PUBG has the look, the style, the intriguing game mode, and had the potential, but the gunplay and character movements are worse than a game from the early 2000's. I still can't figure that one out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ahhh Goldeneye. Licence to Kill pistols mode. 

There ya go for an event mode. 

• Like 3

Those were the days

Black hawk Down

Area 51

Unreal

Speacal Ops

Delta Force

Half Life

Quake

Counter Strike

Fear

System Shock

The early Battlefields

Wanted

we used to spend our whole weekends playing Doom 2 across a bnc network at home. Including Total Annihilation. 

The Graphics were shit but the Gameplay was Top Notch.......

at least PUBG keeps me interested 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sirtubbytubs said:

Those were the days

Black hawk Down

Area 51

Unreal

Speacal Ops

Delta Force

Half Life

Quake

Counter Strike

Fear

System Shock

The early Battlefields

Wanted

we used to spend our whole weekends playing Doom 2 across a bnc network at home. Including Total Annihilation. 

The Graphics were shit but the Gameplay was Top Notch.......

at least PUBG keeps me interested 

Fucking black hawk down was my jam between 2003 (maybe 04) and 2007. I think i had like 6000 hours in that game. Sad that we will probably never get something like it again. It is far too simple by todays standards. Although pubg with a map creator would be legitimately the greatest thing in the world

Edited by Braydenmaine22

The biggest injustice in the gaming world is that Half Life never continued its franchise. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Time splitters

Halo

Cod finest hour

OG BF2 not bad company PS2

Turok

Perfect Dark

Goldeneye

F.E.A.R

So many more

• Like 1

Unreal tournament(instagib shock rifle+ raining nukes anyone? I also remember a mod that had homing chattering smiley balls)

Cs 1.3 to 1.5 

Half-Life

GoldenEye

Halo on og linked with 3 other Xboxes

Turok 2(way better than 1)

Couple other PC games to add to the list....

Rise of the Triad

Max Payne

Totally remember when Wolfenstein 3D came out, that was the sh*t. But that effing bobbing screen would make ya nauseous, if you played it too long. At least for me and many of my friends. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Braydenmaine22 said:

Fucking black hawk down was my jam between 2003 (maybe 04) and 2007. I think i had like 6000 hours in that game. Sad that we will probably never get something like it again. It is far too simple by todays standards. Although pubg with a map creator would be legitimately the greatest thing in the world

I played black hawk down for such a long time, it was definitely the best one out at the time in 2003.

6 hours ago, Stealthymyths said:

I was 4 playing ( shitting myself cause of the pink bull thingy) do I qualify?

Doom used to scare the crap outta me when I was a kid! Those monsters were the thing of nightmares. There was one level that was especially dark and you could pretty much only hear them snarling and growling while they chased you.

I played Halo: CE through XBConnect on the first Xbox where you can play players around the world lower the ping the better it played this when Xbox Live didn't even exists. Good memories

Edited by SLAYGROUNDS
  • Like 1

I used to play a Doom knock off called Rise of the Triad. It was pretty fun. But Counter Strike on the original Xbox is was got me into FPS on consoles. Many many hours on that game. We had the system links and 8 of us all on different TVs calling out from other rooms ?. When I got the 360, I was one of the COD fanboys starting with the first MW. WW2 was the first COD I haven’t bought. I refuse to buy Blops4. I sure miss the older FPS games. I do remember Goldeneye being loads of fun too. But i always had a hard time being the one to get the golden gun lol. Now I gotta go see if CS is backwards compatible on my XBOne since I still have the disc ?. Doubt anyone still plays that game. Good thing it has bots ??‍♂️.

30 minutes ago, xPonyx said:

Couple other PC games to add to the list....

Rise of the Triad

Max Payne

Totally remember when Wolfenstein 3D came out, that was the sh*t. But that effing bobbing screen would make ya nauseous, if you played it too long. At least for me and many of my friends. 

Didn’t think anyone else would mention Rise of the Triad lol. I enjoyed that game.

• Like 1

No love for the original shooter?!? What about Duck Hunt that came on the same cartridge as Super Mario Bros?

Edited by Master Lao
P.s. screw that dog that always laughed at you when you missed

3 minutes ago, Master Lao said:

P.s. screw that dog that always laughed at you when you missed

To this day I still want to kill that damn dog

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RACED said:

The biggest injustice in the gaming world is that Half Life never continued its franchise. 

Valve just can’t count to 3.

• Haha 1

First PC games: Oregon trail, sid meier's pirates, wolfenstein

First Multiplayer games: LAN parties playing original Warcraft and Marathon, and Doom over a modem

First Console:  played was Atari, followed by nintendo, owned was a turbo graphics 16.