I was really hoping this was an initiative to stop using the term "thirst" to mean killing dudes.

• Like 1

Lets apply real world logic to it.

You are in a BR scenario,

You shoot Bubba, he wants to kill you, but he is only wounded.

You honourably allow him to live

He crawls around on the floor yelling "THE BASTARDS OVER HERE BEHIND THIS BIN, HE GOT BOTH MY LEGS.......HELP ME CLEETUS"

Cleetus arrives, with Daryl, they kill you

They revive Bubba

All 3 of them Skull F*c* you

Edited by MajorClagNut

12 minutes ago, pajama dad said:

I was really hoping this was an initiative to stop using the term "thirst" to mean killing dudes.

And yeah, what is this anti killing vibe in a game where the sole reason for playing is killing people before they kill you?

I'm really sorry for fulfilling my purpose in this BR environment

I thirst if they are in a building or behind a rock in a place safe enough to get revived. if they out in the open and can draw out more teammates, then i leave em. Or if loot blows and i want a kill they die LOL

17 hours ago, Legion x5 said:

Dude you have no idea how much I would love it for everyone to have some honor and not thirst downed teammates. I posted on this a few months back, unfortunately at the end of the day there are just too many plebs who will thirst no matter what. I honestly do it every time now, because I got sick of trying to offer people the common courtesy and it is never returned. My favorite is when my teammate gets knocked and I am right next to him, and the dude shoots my teammate on the ground instead of trying to get me and get the double kill, its a complete jokexD

This is my sentiment. I used to always leave knocked players alone. It never got reciprocated to my teammates so now I always thirst unless there is imminent danger to me. 

I did finally let some guy with no gun live last night, almost 100% same guy killed me 10 mins later.... considering how many players could possibly of been wearing a brown sleeveless biker jacket, full gas mask and purple mini skirt in the same game.. 

From now on no mercy ?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Dead Muppet said:

I did finally let some guy with no gun live last night, almost 100% same guy killed me 10 mins later.... considering how many players could possibly of been wearing a brown sleeveless biker jacket, full gas mask and purple mini skirt in the same game.. 

From now on no mercy ?

From the description, im assuming had this been in San Francisco, you would have never known....

18 hours ago, HypnoToad643 said:

So after the last few months I've noticed people thirsting (finishing downed players) immediately no matter what. It really throws off squad matches when one of your teammates gets eliminated during your first firefight encounters upon dropping in.

I've fallen into the same mindset as of late out of spite. However, I've decided to start telling my team and myself not to thirst downed opponents unless someone on our team is eliminated first and I have to say, it's made things a lot better for the most part.

I've found I rack up more kills in general and even better, if I down someone on another team first and deliberately leave them alive, a vast majority of the time, the other team will do the same.

Perhaps if we all start going back to this we could make squad matches a little more enjoyable for everyone!

Thats not how the game goes lol. Ive always and will forever thirst downed players. Even if it wasnt my knock ??‍♂️ I kill them anyway. The game is made for people to die. Its alot easier to win a 4v3 or a 4v2 if we immediately finish the first and second down. 

All i know is, if i knock you and have enough ammo left in my clip you’re getting finished immediately.

10 minutes ago, QualityGrapes said:

I hope the next person I down is the OP, because I always kill the players I down immediately lol

Come and get it buddy! Haha

I like to down someone then drop them a medkit and some pills and let them be.  That way if they somehow come back from the brink, they will remember my good gesture and let me live.

The funniest message I ever received was from someone I thirsted. I was in a house with my team mate. He came in, knocked her and immediately went for the thirst rather than engage me first. I end up knocking him and because he thirsted my team mate, I thirsted him. Almost got his two team mates that rushed in after too. While in the battle my team mate gets an Xbox live message from him, saying to tell me I'm childish for thirsting him. I thought it was the most hilariously ironic thing ever. He thirsted her first yet I'm childish for thirsting him. I still laugh over that one. 

On 10/30/2018 at 6:13 PM, Legion x5 said:

Dude you have no idea how much I would love it for everyone to have some honor and not thirst downed teammates. I posted on this a few months back, unfortunately at the end of the day there are just too many plebs who will thirst no matter what. I honestly do it every time now, because I got sick of trying to offer people the common courtesy and it is never returned. My favorite is when my teammate gets knocked and I am right next to him, and the dude shoots my teammate on the ground instead of trying to get me and get the double kill, its a complete jokexD

Members of my team do this too and die during and then just thrive on the fact they ruined that dudes game lol. I get it but now I am left with one less squad member 

I think the term thirst really originated/got popular from fortnite.   since you can loot things by just walking over them/auto pickup ammo and materials then you would "Thirst" (your thirsty for ammo/gun/something) a  downed enemy to walk over his body and quickly get the crap you needed to finish off the rest of his team.

Then it became meta and thirst just means kill ASAP for the most part

Edited by RL4LIFE

This shouldn't even be a discussion.  Players can go about their PUBG business however they want to within the rules.  These types of posts are the first step in turning PUBG into Operation Wolf or whatever on-rails shooter generation you dropped in at.