Sign in to follow this  
Hawksticks

Performance mode will OG be at a disadvantage?

Just curious I have the X. Does that give us any advantages when the performance mode comes out ?

Like do you guys think OG players will be at any disadvantage ? Or will it just look better/worse.

Edited by Hawksticks

higher fps and resolution is inherently an Advantage. so yeah. if it can do it. MAKE it happen. fps over EVERYTHING 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, fUll951 said:

higher fps and resolution is inherently an Advantage. so yeah. if it can do it. MAKE it happen. fps over EVERYTHING 

It'll prob come to  the OG as well.

You know what is disadvantage?

Paying 500$, which means more than twice the base price of an S, to get lower framerates and a shiny blue wall which is not possible to see through.

People play this game on pc from 20fps to 300fps in the same server, with different graphic settings. This is not disadvantage, not being able to modify graphics in a competitive intense BR game is disadvantage.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, TheCorruptDROID said:

It'll prob come to  the OG as well.

that's good to hear. lots of gamers out there on the OG who will very much appreciate it.

12 horas atrás, Hawksticks disse:

Just curious I have the X. Does that give us any advantages when the performance mode comes out ?

Like do you guys think OG players will be at any disadvantage ? Or will it just look better/worse.

I did not pay $ 500 on an Xbox One X for 20-30 fps in PUBG. PUBG could run in 1080p with 45-60 fps on Xbox One X. Diferent GPUs and CPUs are a reality on PC and no one observes this issue as unfair. Anyone can buy the most powerful Xbox and enjoy better performance. That makes the video game industry evolve. What we can not admit is that a five year old console limits the performance of the current generation simply so that there is not a difference. Microsoft could sell many thousands of Xbox One X units if PUBG had a 1080p performance mode with 45-60 fps. People and myself are tired of the current low framerate of the game and in the near future will migrate to other titles with better performance. There is no longevity for PUBG with its current framerate of 20-30 fps. The player base has already dropped a lot and when people realize, at the end of November, that the performance mode is about a new cosmetic, will lose their hopes and abandon the game.

Edited by brutusbr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Hawksticks said:

My personal experiences on the x compared to the OG on a 70in HDR 4k tv is that they both "feel" similar on visual effects, but in the end, it also seemed like the x showed movement better. {turning, people running for the hills, player movements} But as for terrain or buildings, nothing too note worthy really. I do have to admit tho, I had some serious issues when I had 4 people running around, 3 smoke nades fuming, and a air drop spewing red smoke.....holy jeezus did the frames take a hell of a hit.
So honestly, if they would offer to kill some of the graphic capabilities, I think the x would be much more stable at 30 fps in the worst of times where as the og may still be capable of keeping in the high teens.....just depends on how you react to the situation at hand as to how much it will effect your gameplay.

1 hora atrás, wizardO3 disse:

The X with the current graphics quality would deliver from 45 to 60 fps in 1080p.

This would be the final solution to PUBG's performance issues on Xbox One X.

Pubg pc does not have to bow down to xbox/Microsoft who wouldn't allow the x to have much higher fps than the OG.

Yet they have allowed these idiots at pubg Corp to optimise it for the OG yet make it almost unplayable on the x for so long. 

They will never allow the x to run it at a higher fps than OG users. 

11 minutes ago, x1337LEE1337x said:

Pubg pc does not have to bow down to xbox/Microsoft who wouldn't allow the x to have much higher fps than the OG.

Yet they have allowed these idiots at pubg Corp to optimise it for the OG yet make it almost unplayable on the x for so long. 

Omg, this again....Ok, first and foremost, just cause the x has better graphics, does not mean it is a hot rodded PC. Hell both systems use the same guts as each other....same 5200 RPM hard drive. Same jaguar APU, just overclocked a bit. Ok, the x has better ram, no lie there. But as performance goes, literally they are both the same on all games. The only thing the x does differently is provide 4 graphic phasing units to allow 4k graphics. 

Literally, your blaming the tomato for bad ketchup. 

• Like 1
  • RIP 4

Performance mode will be a massive let down. 

They are already calling it 'graphical options' 

= won't be the performance mode we want or expect. 

• Like 2

Only issue I can see is that if certain things will not be rendered in a "performance  mode", does that not give an advantage to OG?

For example, if I am on an X, and I have all of these lovely bushes rendering, and I hide in said bush, will an OG player even render the bush, and will I just look like a dude squatting on the ground taking a crap? This is not a camp/no camp debate. Fact is at certain times, you take cover where you can. That cover needs to be equal across all platforms.

33 minutes ago, Skullaxe said:

Only issue I can see is that if certain things will not be rendered in a "performance  mode", does that not give an advantage to OG?

For example, if I am on an X, and I have all of these lovely bushes rendering, and I hide in said bush, will an OG player even render the bush, and will I just look like a dude squatting on the ground taking a crap? This is not a camp/no camp debate. Fact is at certain times, you take cover where you can. That cover needs to be equal across all platforms.

yes bushes render. it's the grass that falls off 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 horas atrás, PingTard disse:

Performance mode will be a massive let down. 

They are already calling it 'graphical options' 

= won't be the performance mode we want or expect

We can not have high expectations.

We are already or should be accustomed to this.

What comforts me is that this ends for me in November.

10 hours ago, Skullaxe said:

That already happens right now. XD Can't tell you how many times I see snakes slithering around at about 200m that just looks like a guy laying down on flat ground. No bush or grass rendered in at that range. 
The thing with performance mode, is all the graphics will get dumbed down to OG standards. This way the x can use the extra horsepower of the overclocking to get the game to handle better. That and it will help load in and render the buildings faster.

16 hours ago, x1337LEE1337x said:

There are lots of other games that do have higher fps on the one x than the og. That's part of what being Xbox one x enhanced is about. 

This is so far is the only game I know that actually holds the one x back and hinders it. When mirimar released, I never had any problems with it rendering. Then pubg introduced their rendering optimization and all of a sudden buildings were still play doh when I landed with guns etc taking forever to load in. They limited performance for the x just so the og was the same. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

17 minutos atrás, King Galahad disse:

There are lots of other games that do have higher fps on the one x than the og. That's part of what being Xbox one x enhanced is about. 

This is so far is the only game I know that actually holds the one x back and hinders it. When mirimar released, I never had any problems with it rendering. Then pubg introduced their rendering optimization and all of a sudden buildings were still play doh when I landed with guns etc taking forever to load in. They limited performance for the x just so the og was the same. 

There are several games with different framerate in the X and OG and this is not seen as a "disadvantage". On the PC each player uses different hardware and this too is not seen as a "disadvantage".

that is a simple question and you already know the answer to it. Once this comes out i am probably no going to play pubg anymore because the balance of the game is not balanced.

1 minute ago, hidenseek said:

that is a simple question and you already know the answer to it. Once this comes out i am probably no going to play pubg anymore because the balance of the game is not balanced.

Not going to play because you have the OG Xbox? I'm sure it will be balanced might look better on the X that's what people buy it for should get what we pay for.

Just to be clear, they didn't say anything about this being a feature only available on the X. I think we're assuming it's going to be an X feature since most of the enhanced games have this option for the X. They could be pushing this option for all 3 XBox sku's, which would be safe to say we would see locked 30fps, since they're pushing for a level playing field. Or maybe it is an X only option and would get 60fps. Or maybe all 3 sku's would run the performance mode differently. OG and S locked 30fps and X 60fps. 

10 horas atrás, hidenseek disse:

They will not be able to optimize the game.

That's the reality.

If in almost a year of development we still do not have 30 fps stable, 60 fps would take at least about five years.

The solution would be to release a 1080p option on Xbox One X, reducing resolution would do the job for itself.

At some point they will need to increase the framerate expressively, this may be now while they still have an audience or six months from now with the remaining 25% of users.

I have a feeling their performance mode will be a fail and locked to 30fps. I hope I'm wrong. They just need to stop avoiding the issue and state " PUBG on the X can run higher than 30 fps but we will never allow it because the OG consoles cant do it. 

• Like 1