henji

only 100k playing right now . wtf ?

That is insane that many players have left to where we have 100k playing at 7pm eastern prime NA time. That is insane release another 25$ skin that will help seems so money hungry. 

You know bluehole if you put players and concerns first over your money grabbing for the last 1 year+ you would of made more money hands down. 

You treat the whole game as if it is a ftp model with the money grabs and now it is getting out of hand with players leaving. It was just some rambling here and there  but it has become reality the community told you and all the fanboys that you are killing the game and no one listened just ignored by the company and mocked by the fanboys. 

Also when you release the new map it is just going to delay the inevitable you killed your own game with arrogance.

Reap what you sow.

Edited by henji
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rev0verDrive said:

PC and Xbox may die off

Hopefully not.

I like this game and play it on PC.
When PUBG die off on pc, BH did  much more wrong as we can see.

I will not change back to playing on PS4 because PUBG got me back to PC.

I got new Gaming friends since Early Access because of PUBG.

I hope BH gets the kurve and PUBG will more longer live fine with many player on PC as all the other COPY GAMES like COD BO anf Fortnite.

LG Angora

2 hours ago, AngoraElchKuh said:

Hopefully not.

I like this game and play it on PC.
When PUBG die off on pc, BH did  much more wrong as we can see.

I will not change back to playing on PS4 because PUBG got me back to PC.

I got new Gaming friends since Early Access because of PUBG.

I hope BH gets the kurve and PUBG will more longer live fine with many player on PC as all the other COPY GAMES like COD BO anf Fortnite.

LG Angora

PC PUBG won't die unless they get rid of FPP to cater to the more casual playerbase.

• Like 2
  • RIP 1

28 minutes ago, Destru said:

PC PUBG won't die unless they get rid of FPP to cater to the more casual playerbase.

The FPP Solution has split the Player community too much in my opinion.

• Even if I play TPP as often as FPP, I still have the feeling that FPP feels playfully wrong.
  • Maybe I'm wrong but I think that went a bit wrong in the implementation.

Alone through the shears of TPP and FPP you lose players.
People who have previously played together split up, and in the end, you're alone on the pure or other Side, and you're tired of playing anymore.

This will make it easier to devote yourself to other games and to turn your back on PUBG.

LG Angora

Edited by AngoraElchKuh
  • RIP 3

If anything TPP will die off in NA/EU, FPP is a superior perspective.

Edited by BandAid
  • Like 5
  • RIP 1

8 hours ago, Rev0verDrive said:

They made a move with Sony to bring PubG to PS4. PC and Xbox may die off, but they'll pick up another million players at least through PS4.

Now why do this? to spread the love of their great well working game, or did the promise of extra $$$ from a platform they hadn't touched yet, drive them to contact Sony?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BandAid said:

If anything TPP will die off in NA/EU, FPP is a superior perspective.

FPP is actually the least popular mode in the US by a large margin, think only 25-33% played FPP when I saw the figures. It also only had a minor advantage in EU, like 49 to 51 or something.

Don't mistake your own preferences for popularity.

Edited by OldManBoom
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, OldManBoom said:

FPP is actually the least popular mode in the US by a large margin, think only 25-33% played FPP when I saw the figures. It also only had a minor advantage in EU, like 49 to 51 or something.

Don't mistake your own preferences for popularity.

In a wrong manner that can not be explained in words, one somehow feels that the PUBG is programmed and designed for TPP.

FPP does not feel normal.

• Like 2
  • RIP 1

Each to their own.

Personally - FPP is the only way to play a shooter for me. Just personal preference.

But TPP does seem really popular and fair play.

As Austin Powers would say  'Just not my bag baby'

I dont see though the need for one to die for the other - hopefully both modes can live on!

I'd always played FPS before this game, and when it was out it was only TPP so I embraced that, and that's how I like to play this game. Maybe if it had been released originally in FPP I'd feel differently but as @AngoraElchKuh says, the FPP mode still feels tacked on to me.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MrBigglesworth said:

Each to their own.

Personally - FPP is the only way to play a shooter for me. Just personal preference.

But TPP does seem really popular and fair play.

As Austin Powers would say  'Just not my bag baby'

I dont see though the need for one to die for the other - hopefully both modes can live on!

I am similar with you that FPP is the only real way to play a Shooter that is developed and designt 100%  for FPP.

But playing PUBG in FPP I get this creepy feeling. I feel ,like a smurf walking  in long gras and I can`t explain this feeling and don`t know where this is coming from.

On the other side I felt like this when I was playing The Division.

And I did not playing this game anymore since I finished highest level, what is possible after release.

I play PUBG FPP because of my other friends  which playing this mode. And not because of "FPP is the best PUBG mode" that BH can deliver.

LG Angora

4 minutes ago, AngoraElchKuh said:

But playing PUBG in FPP I get this creepy feeling. I feel ,like a smurf walking  in long gras and I can`t explain this feeling and don`t know where this is coming from.

Playing PUBG in FPP is way way more intense. If you are used to TPP the change has a huge learning / familiarization curve.

Since I didn't like TPP from the start and was sooo happy when FPP was released I forced all my friends to play FPP with me.

Some were really against it and said they just like it in TPP more.

After they played many games in FPP they never changed back to TPP and all agree that TPP is trash (hiding behind objects while seeing everything behind it).

The intense feeling of FPP where you don't know what is going on behind something is part of the experience for me.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, pinged said:

If FPP gets removed, the game will actually improve, as some of the FPP players will switch to TPP. 

Explain to me how that will improve the game

8:00 pm in Europe ... only 300k(even at this moment) and i normally saw 800k+ players at this time.

This is incredible ... 500k players less???  Good job blue hole, you are killing this game faster than i expected.

And this game has only 10 months from official release. From 3 millions to 300k in 8 months or something like this.

Good job x2. 

• Like 1

But if FPP is removed that doesn't necessarily improve the game, as some may go over to TPP, but people will also leave the game. I, for instance disgust TPP, and removing the FPP option would without a doubt cause me to leave the game (not saying FPP is better, just that i prefer it). So yes, even though the TPP playerbase grows from it, a big portion of the FPP playerbase will leave if FPP is removed.

Edited by Rodgiver
Typo

2 minutes ago, NeedYourLoot said:

8:00 pm in Europe ... only 300k(even at this moment) and i normally saw 800k+ players at this time.

This is incredible ... 500k players less???  Good job blue hole, you are killing this game faster than i expected.

And this game has only 10 months from official release. From 3 millions to 300k in 8 months or something like this.

Good job x2. 

I agree, and what is up with all the crates and items? Never seen a game with so many real money cosmetics after such a short time! This is actually insane! Even though the cosmetics don't prevent the game developers from developing the game, it still shows how money hungry, and how little of a s*** they give.

Just now, pinged said:

It most definitely improves the game. This is not an FPP game, period. Very few people play FPP in the grand scheme of things. An insignificant number.

You don't seem to understand the concept. FPP is irrelevant, in PUBG. If all of those players were to go away today, the only one to notice would be bluehole (a slight drop in microtransactions). It wouldn't matter. What would matter is the people from FPP moving to TPP, which *is* relevant to the game.

Ruining the game for the FPP player is a unfair way of trying to improve the game, and if that is the best option, then the game is clearly fucked already.

• Like 1

Just now, pinged said:

I think we can both agree the game is clearly F'd :) I'm just responding to those above that clearly have no clue what the population of PUBG looks like, and that they think FPP is the dominant playstyle in PUBG, when it's not.

What I am trying to say is that there are way better solutions to saving the game, cause to me that seems like a very last resort method of saving the game

Just now, pinged said:

Oh totally. The next best option will be to lower the playercount from 100 to 50.

What are you saying will lower the playercount from 100 to 50?

Just now, pinged said:

Huh? Lower the cap per game from 100 players down to 50 players.

I didn't say that was a better option, I think sheer game and server quality has the biggest room for improvement

TPP should be removed from all FPS games.  It's a ridiculous play style and should have no place in shooters of any kind. 

"Here let me see where you're hiding even though my eyes can't physically see you." 

It's fucking retarded and should be abolished across the world, across all platforms and from all FPS games.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pinged said:

If FPP gets removed, the game will actually improve, as some of the FPP players will switch to TPP. 

Um. no. You get rid of FPP, I'm out.  I don't do TPP.

I'm old school Wolfenstein/Doom/Quake/CounterStrike (original MOD of halflife).

I'll quote Taken - "Good luck"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2