• Missing loot items
  • It's easier for people to hide
  • Running around without a helmet 🤣
  • Having to check my inventory screen to remember which vest I have on

I accept some of those are because I'm a dumb-ass

Edited by MajorClagNut
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Waiting times for game is the reason why I don't play FPP, I really can't be bothered to play this game solo anymore, it's usually in squads or duo's & the time my mates have to game is limited, so queuing for +5 minutes a game is a no go, especially when we can get into a TPP round within 20 seconds. 

• Like 1

I will play fpp strictly when its 60 fps and when i can adjust the FOV. 

• Like 2
  • RIP 1

28 minutes ago, MajorClagNut said:

I've had a couple of goes on FPP. My main issues were

• FOV is awful
  • Wait times for games
  • Didn't like the driving
  • Missing loot items

What do you mean missing loot items? also, how is it harder for people to hide? TPP is literally full of people hiding in buildings using their camera.

Also, the vest literally shows at the bottom of your screen.

solo TPP always, maybe duo TPP time to time.

FPP has / feels that it has lower frame-rates.

• Like 2

I like both.

Enjoy FPP for the gunfights and better gamestyle

Enjoy TPP to mess around and play a bit more strategic 

keeps the game fresh 

1 hour ago, Yaw2 said:

What do you mean missing loot items? also, how is it harder for people to hide? TPP is literally full of people hiding in buildings using their camera.

Also, the vest literally shows at the bottom of your screen.

• I find I run past more loot items, because you can see less
  • If you wanted to just lay down and hide more people would run past you. Again, because you can see less. Pretty simple really
  • Can you easily tell if you have a level 1, 2 or 3? In TPP i know because I can see it, so I'm aware I have a 1 on therefor quickly pick up a 2 if i see one. Fully appreciate I may of missed the indicator, like I said I've only played a few times.

You've basically picked up on the least important points from my post, these are tiny factors that I would get used to/deal with if I liked/could play the game mode. Points 1 and 2 are the main factors which stop me playing it.

2 hours ago, Mills9 said:

I myself am a strict FPP player and won’t play TPP but that’s just me

Same for me! 

12 minutes ago, MajorClagNut said:

• I find I run past more loot items, because you can see less
  • If you wanted to just lay down and hide more people would run past you. Again, because you can see less. Pretty simple really
  • Can you easily tell if you have a level 1, 2 or 3? In TPP i know because I can see it, so I'm aware I have a 1 on therefor quickly pick up a 2 if i see one. Fully appreciate I may of missed the indicator, like I said I've only played a few times.

You've basically picked up on the least important points from my post, these are tiny factors that I would get used to/deal with if I liked/could play the game mode. Points 1 and 2 are the main factors which stop me playing it.

Wait times are like that because everyone thinks like that. FOV isn't an issue to me but if you don't like it, sure.

When you're laying in grass on FPP you can only see grass, on TPP you can see everything.

• RIP 1

10 minutes ago, Yaw2 said:

When you're laying in grass on FPP you can only see grass, on TPP you can see everything.

Agreed but not my point.

You can do less from a hidden position in FPP but it is easier to remain hidden from others.

1 minute ago, MajorClagNut said:

Agreed but not my point.

You can do less from a hidden position in FPP but it is easier to remain hidden from others.

Not for me, never really get killed by people laying in grass/hiding. I always see them first.

• RIP 1

5 minutes ago, Yaw2 said:

Not for me, never really get killed by people laying in grass/hiding. I always see them first.

Well you wouldn't get killed by them very often while they are hiding, because as said before you can do less from a hidden position. They could in theory hide their way to the final circle more effectively though.................or stand up after people go by and shoot them in the back.

This is all theoretical I suppose, seems logical though........some people love to hide

Edited by MajorClagNut

2 hours ago, MajorClagNut said:

I've had a couple of goes on FPP. My main issues were

• FOV is awful
  • Wait times for games
  • Didn't like the driving
  • Missing loot items

- Field of view will be fixed early December, it's annoying at times but everyone deals with it so I don't let it bother me too much.

- Wait times aren't that bad on NA but obviously they're a lot faster on TPP

- Driving is the absolute god damn worst on FPP

- Hit or miss. TPP makes it easier to see things on top of crates/containers, but it's still just as easy to miss stuff on TPP. Especially lvl 2 vests in dark rooms or extended mags/etc. Anything black is hard to see because of brightness/blending into random shit.

- It's just as easy to hide in both modes

- You can see what helmet you have on at all times, there is a difference in the pictures that shows on the screen. Anyone who plays regularly should be able to tell the difference between the Lvl 1, 2, and especially lvl 3 helmets.

- See above.

But yeah you pointed out a couple of decent arguments. At the end of the day who really cares, play whatever you want to play. I play TPP with people who strictly play TPP, and some people I know sometimes jump into FPP to squad up even though they don't normally play FPP. It's a nice change here and there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, I Hate People said:

- Field of view will be fixed early December, it's annoying at times but everyone deals with it so I don't let it bother me too much.

- Wait times aren't that bad on NA but obviously they're a lot faster on TPP

- Driving is the absolute god damn worst on FPP

- Hit or miss. TPP makes it easier to see things on top of crates/containers, but it's still just as easy to miss stuff on TPP. Especially lvl 2 vests in dark rooms or extended mags/etc. Anything black is hard to see because of brightness/blending into random shit.

- It's just as easy to hide in both modes

- You can see what helmet you have on at all times, there is a difference in the pictures that shows on the screen. Anyone who plays regularly should be able to tell the difference between the Lvl 1, 2, and especially lvl 3 helmets.

- See above.

But yeah you pointed out a couple of decent arguments. At the end of the day who really cares, play whatever you want to play. I play TPP with people who strictly play TPP, and some people I know sometimes jump into FPP to squad up even though they don't normally play FPP. It's a nice change here and there.

I would definitely have tried FPP more, I'm not anti-FPP, it just isn't viable in EU when you just want to jump on for quickfire matches.

Fair point on the armour, I would have gotten used to that with more play time.

Edited by MajorClagNut
  • Like 2

I normally only play first person shooters. Got used to playing this TPP when it came out though, when they released fpp I tried it and it just doesn't feel right, clunky and hard to look around, I think this is because it was added as an afterthought, not the original design for the game. Tpp is much more fun for me on this game, maybe if they keep working on it fpp will get better, but I'm not gonna force myself to play fpp just because logically fpp makes more sense and I'm more familiar with it, if fpp doesn't function nearly as well. I will play fpp if I accidentally join friends who are playing, but I quickly leave when match is over because it sucks compared with regular mode, just my opinion. but Will keep an open mind.

• Like 2

FPP will possibly make a comeback after the long awaited FOV slider. They also need to raise the camera view so we don't feel like a dwarf with tunnel vision. This is how i feel when playing FPP mode

PUBG FPP Mode.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

Thats a pretty even spread theres not much difference across the results (at the time of this reply anyway).  So do we assume that the percentages just translate roughly the same across the entire PUBG community?  If so then why in the blue hell ... is FPP on its arse?

13 minutes ago, RACED said:

Thats a pretty even spread theres not much difference across the results (at the time of this reply anyway).  So do we assume that the percentages just translate roughly the same across the entire PUBG community?  If so then why in the blue hell ... is FPP on its arse?

I have a feeling that the xbox community here on the forum is a tiny percentage of the actual people playing the game. It may be even here on the forums, but in reality it's probably not that close.

• Thanks 1

seems they lowered sensitivity while in FPP mode and the driving is just awful.  I have several friends that are FFP ONLY but the driving causes them to play TPP.  driving was my deal breaker