Sign in to follow this  
stevecarsonr

3 second desync

1. This one is so bad I thought I would post this. Sanhouk, NA FPP server.

I peek at time 1:34, he shoots me through the wall at about 1:37. (sorry didn't know how to edit it). 

https://xboxclips.com/stevecarsonr/20319d34-851c-4849-8f97-b000780bf23d

When I got shot I thought someone else had shot me through another window from behind - even though the firing seemed to come from in front - so I pressed the Spectate button as soon as it appeared. But the guy who killed me is the guy who ran in from the door that had been in front of me (on the other side of the partition wall). I also checked with PUBG replay and it's definitely the guy in front shooting me through the wall. It isn't a high traffic area and there were only the 2 of us in the immediate locale.

My ping time to the NA pubg server is - every time I check - around 300ms. I live in Australia. I don't think the delay can be explained by ping issues. Seems like the server must be overloaded or client bugs..

I don't follow what gets posted in the bug forum - should I post more of these if they happen again? Or is this something you guys are aware of and already investigating.

2. The next day (yesterday for me in Australia) I had a guy ninja from 5m in front of me to 2m behind me and shoot me in the head. He was running into the corner of a warehouse (one of the two open warehouses immediately west of quarry, Sanhouk) and then vanished. Then shot me from behind. I didn't take a clip. Not sure if you guys need to see these each time they happen? Please let me know.

It's a great game. The big glitches are painful though. They make you wonder if other failures are also due to less obvious but still present desync issues.

On 12/3/2018 at 2:32 PM, stevecarsonr said:

My ping time to the NA pubg server is - every time I check - around 300ms. I live in Australia. I don't think the delay can be explained by ping issues.

there's gonna be delay no matter how perfect this game gets with 300 ping.

I saw your clip. 300 ping plus that guy's ping plus the general desync we all complain about. man, you got it bad. that was like BF4 year one bad. 

Edited by fUll951