TPP/FPP/Mix  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you like?

• Just one type
    • Mix of both
  2. 2. Maps?

• All Maps
    • Just Erangel and Sanhok
  3. 3. Are you opposed to a small entry fee?

• Yes
    • No

Hello ladies and gentlemen, back again with the need of info from you guys. 

My last event went pretty well, had a few kinks, but hey, it’s Xbox PUBG. I just needed some quick info from everyone about when, what perspective, how many players, and entry fee for a larger pot of $$ for you winners including 2nd and 3rd place. 

I was also wondering if people would like squads over duos. I need really as much info as possible to make the next one go over smoother. 

* note that the entry fee would be like $1-2 per person and the more people the bigger the prize. 

For when, please include Saturday/Sunday and what time (including TZ) 

This stuff is hard to plan especially with people in the EU and OC. I myself am EST but am free all day Saturdays and Sundays, so I just need to know where you are all at.

Saturday evening. (Currently in US's Eastern Time Zone, although I'm usually GMT.)

I'd also suggest NOT using the North American server. It's by far the most saturated and gives bad performance in the evenings. 

I think what would work best for the majority is on a Sunday, most people don’t work Sunday’s. I’d say a Sunday, start time anywhere from 4 -8 PM (ET). the 7 pm start time was good it just sucked my buddy had to work 😩... me preferably am just looking for FPP but you make that choice... if there is another FPP duo tourney I’m 100% willing to pitch in 10-20$ Entry fee for a real nice winning 

Edited by Mills9

I would prefer on a saturday. The last tourney was at 7pm EST which is 1am for me here in Europe and it ended at around 3am for me which is a little bit late. So i think for the sake of the european players something like 4 or 5pm EST would be better.

I think squads could be interesting because if each member of the forum brings in three friends that are not in the forum we automatically get more players as opposed to last time where most forum members only brought 1 friend.

Paying a small entrance fee is perfectly acceptable in my opinion and also ensures that players actually show up for the tourney.

Thanks again for organizing! :)

9 minutes ago, Mills9 said:

I think what would work best for the majority is on a Sunday, most people don’t work Sunday’s. I’d say a Sunday, start time anywhere from 4 -8 PM.. the 7 pm start time was good it just sucked my buddy had to work 😩... me preferably am just looking for FPP but you make that choice... if there is another FPP duo tourney I’m 100% willing to pitch in 10-20$ Entry fee for a real nice winning 

Well 10-20$ is already a lot. I would say it shouldn't be more than 10$ per team. Since this is unofficial and there's not really a way to tell if someone is cheating making it such a big prize is too risky in my opinion. I'm fine with 1 or 2$ person. Lets say we get 80 players in that would already be 80 or 160$. And who knows if we all send that money to Civilian Kiwi he might suddenly dissappear and start a new life in the caribbean :D;)

Edited by Inimini315

8 minutes ago, Mills9 said:

I think what would work best for the majority is on a Sunday, most people don’t work Sunday’s. I’d say a Sunday, start time anywhere from 4 -8 PM (ET). the 7 pm start time was good it just sucked my buddy had to work 😩... me preferably am just looking for FPP but you make that choice... if there is another FPP duo tourney I’m 100% willing to pitch in 10-20$ Entry fee for a real nice winning 

@Mills9... the speaker of the people 😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Inimini315 said:

Well 10-20$ is already a lot. I would say it shouldn't be more than 10$ per team. Since this is unofficial and there's not really a way to tell if someone is cheating making it such a big prize is too risky in my opinion. I'm fine with 1 or 2$ person. Lets say we get 80 players in that would already be 80 or 160$. And who knows if we all send that money to Civilian Kiwi he might suddenly dissappear and start a new life in the carribean :D;)

Haha would need much more that $160 my friend XD

The time will probably be a rough one to figure out. So many people wanted to join but couldn’t because of work mainly. Sunday is looking like a clear winner so far. But keep it all coming lads.

Also, note that if there is no entry fee, there will be no cash prize as I am a mere bartender and can’t flash that kinda money about. $30 for 2 ppl was bearable. 

4 minutes ago, Inimini315 said:

Well 10-20$ is already a lot. I would say it shouldn't be more than 10$ per team. Since this is unofficial and there's not really a way to tell if someone is cheating making it such a big prize is too risky in my opinion. I'm fine with 1 or 2$ person. Lets say we get 80 players in that would already be 80 or 160$. And who knows if we all send that money to Civilian Kiwi he might suddenly dissappear and start a new life in the carribean :D;)

We had a maths teacher who took £2 off every kid in his class for a mini fridge to "keep snacks and bottled drinks cool" he taught around 7/8 classes a week 25 pupils on average... he fucked off to a different school and probably some holiday spending money out of it... Mr Doggrell if you happen to play PUBG and are on this forum... I want my £2 back or a mini fridge!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Civilian Kiwi said:

Haha would need much more that $160 my friend XD

The time will probably be a rough one to figure out. So many people wanted to join but couldn’t because of work mainly. Sunday is looking like a clear winner so far. But keep it all coming lads.

Also, note that if there is no entry fee, there will be no cash prize as I am a mere bartender and can’t flash that kinda money about. $30 for 2 ppl was bearable. 

Just send the nudes of the women on your phone. That's worth much more than any cash. (We know how bartenders clean up with the split tails.)

1 minute ago, kirschnerck1 said:

you could even have a test run tournament before the actual you to see how things run... I would play.

We had the first tournament last saturday ;) It just needs a little bit of fine tuning and more players.

2 minutes ago, kirschnerck1 said:

you could even have a test run tournament before the actual you to see how things run... I would play.

Already did, went pretty well, only had 34 players though.

3 minutes ago, Civilian Kiwi said:

Already did, went pretty well, only had 34 players though.

did you record any of it bud?

1 minute ago, DB0VIN said:

did you record any of it bud?

Yeah, it’s on my mixer. mixer.com/ExaltedKiwi under passed streams. Sorry for the quality and the amateurness

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Civilian Kiwi said:

Yeah, it’s on my mixer. mixer.com/ExaltedKiwi under passed streams. Sorry for the quality and the amateurness

Watched a little bit there, love the idea and spectating, just a bit rubbish how it doesn't render in when switching players... apart from that great idea for another tourney and I'll be up for joining, Saturday would be best for me also.

10 minutes ago, Civilian Kiwi said:

So I’m looking at the dates, what do people think of Sunday the 16th? Too close to the holidays or just right?

Would it then be possible to have it earlier? Maybe 2 or 3 PM EST then it is 8 or 9 PM for Europeans. Just a suggestion but of course if the majority is from the U.S. and wants to have it later that's fine. Not sure how many europeans are taking part in this anyway.

14 minutes ago, Civilian Kiwi said:

So I’m looking at the dates, what do people think of Sunday the 16th? Too close to the holidays or just right?

I think that’s perfect, The 23rd more people might be free realistically just cause of a work/school break, no one would have any work or school the next day but people could be busy with holidays then, 16th probably ideal

Edited by Mills9

1 hour ago, DB0VIN said:

Watched a little bit there, love the idea and spectating, just a bit rubbish how it doesn't render in when switching players... apart from that great idea for another tourney and I'll be up for joining, Saturday would be best for me also.

Thanks for the input. I know the rendering is pretty bad, I actually found out I can just use fly over though, that kinda helped too. 

1 hour ago, Mills9 said:

I think that’s perfect, The 23rd more people might be free realistically just cause of a work/school break, no one would have any work or school the next day but people could be busy with holidays then, 16th probably ideal

The 23rd I’m skeptical of because of people traveling and such. People might not be home to play.

TPP 

Pre paid entry fee - meaning everyone will turn up and full lobby (I was guilty of this last time, I do apologise, although I did genuinely get confused between times haha)

all maps, if more than 3 games only do Mirimar once? Speed it up purposes 

16 minutes ago, Moobs123 said:

TPP 

Pre paid entry fee - meaning everyone will turn up and full lobby (I was guilty of this last time, I do apologise, although I did genuinely get confused between times haha)

all maps, if more than 3 games only do Mirimar once? Speed it up purposes 

I may do exactly this, 5 rounds 3TPP and 2 FPP. 

Does anyone know if there is a way to remove Steel UAZs and Flares?