Hit_Marka

WOW. What an improvement!

Hit_Marka    137

My rig has always run this game pretty damn well and its mainly been the net code that has caused most of my grief.  I just finished downloading the latest patch and jumped onto an Oceania server and WOW!  What a difference this patch has made, well done to the guys!   Whatever you've done has made a HUGE difference for me lag wise.  The game seems so much more smoother, responses to key commands are almost perfectly on point.  I'm am opening and closing doors with smooth rapid movement, looting is faster, I haven't had to mash a key command more than the once, nothing like my previous experiences that's for sure!...everything is just better!  Driving isn't a chore anymore, its such a difference to play with net code that is behaving. No rubber banding, so skipping or screen slideshows etc.  Its certainly looks very promising for the future net code tweaks and fine tuning promised.  It was as if I was playing a completely new game. ( I am only on a standard ADSL connection as well which makes it even more impressive imo)  I'm going up to a 100/40 fibre connection soon so I'm hoping things will just keep getting better and better. So far so good, I gotta get back in to see how she goes in real close quarters firefights and such and investigate other parts of the map and other servers etc,  but initial impressions are WOW.  I hope others have had similar results.

• Like 12

Stress    102

Im running the game at 120 fps in the plane, i really hope this lasts

Greaves    64

I saw people streaming on the test server yesterday and it looked great. I was hoping it would be the same on the normal servers, glad to hear people are confirming this so far.

Nomad    746

Yeah the game feels so damn smooth now. Just won 3 games in a row! :D 

I've also noticed my FPS has smoothed out a bit. 75fps avg on my custom settings, and only now goes 6 to 7 fps up or down now, unlike before whenever the game lagged my FPS would be all over the place. 

• Like 1

Sacioli    6

Wow. Same here. First, I played with custom settings with Texture and View Distance as my 'High' settings. I've set everything on high now and still more than 60 FPS. Pretty good update. Furthermore, the sunset weather condition looks pretty sick!

Keep up the good work devs ;)

TheSimms    0

The lighting and overall game vibrancy/detail is incredible. Much more FPS and the game overall looks better/brighter/lighter.

LOVE IT

xTekx    226

Awesome news! Can't wait to play it now. Only i'm going to have to wait until tomorrow at the earliest to play it... arg!

Nick Larking    15

Still the same lag not any real improvement for me overall.

New maps certainly better than the fucking rain map, even prefer it over the original.

Hit_Marka    137
2 minutes ago, TheSimms said:

The lighting and overall game vibrancy/detail is incredible. Much more FPS and the game overall looks better/brighter/lighter.

LOVE IT

Haven't got a sunset map yet,  but I'm sure its going to look gorgeous.  I'm running a ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Gaming Monitor@ 165hz gaming monitor and the game @ 1440p.  And when I use the FPS mode, tweaked to my taste, my mates think I am running some type of Re-shade or other mod on many games etc...it simply can make games look brilliant as well as run them silky smooth with G-sync.  "Once you try G-sync or Freesync you wont go back."

EVERYTHING is looking great, the game is responding really well.  I'm rapt.  As I said its like I'm playing a completely different game than I was 72hrs ago.  Kudos to the Devs!

(*p.s. I still suck and can't get past 3rd in solo, but damn I look great when I die!   :) )

AngryBeaver    55

I look forward to giving it a try when I get home. It was already butter smooth for me so doubting I will see much of an overall improvement, but I have been wrong before.

Hit_Marka    137
6 minutes ago, Nick Larking said:

Still the same lag not any real improvement for me overall.

New maps certainly better than the fucking rain map, even prefer it over the original.

That's no good mate.  What servers do you play on, have you tried others?  Where bouts in the world are you?

ClickXT    151
48 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Yeah the game feels so damn smooth now. Just won 3 games in a row! :D

Lies. Nice try though @Nomad - sadly stats are public on those interwebs. :D

• Like 3

Nomad    746
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Clickster said:

Lies. Nice try though @Nomad - sadly stats are public on those interwebs. :D

Got a win on EU with one of my swed friends, doesn't even show I have played a match let alone win one lol. 

But I got one solo and two dous. 

Edited by Nomad

ClickXT    151
Just now, Nomad said:

My stats are off, got a win on EU with one of my swed friends, doesn't even show I have played a match. 

haha relax. I'm messing with you.
--I can't wait to jam with the patch in the main server tonight. Test Server feels like I'm not REALLY playing. Did it feel just AS good on the regular server as it did on the Test last night?

• Like 1

Nomad    746
3 minutes ago, Clickster said:

haha relax. I'm messing with you.
--I can't wait to jam with the patch in the main server tonight. Test Server feels like I'm not REALLY playing. Did it feel just AS good on the regular server as it did on the Test last night?

Oh I know you are lol, otherwise I would stop carrying you when we play :P 

ClickXT    151
1 minute ago, Nomad said:

Oh I know you are lol, otherwise I would stop carrying you when we play :P 

Huh weird - I haven't seen that happen once yet. You must just keep having "bad luck" when I'm around. It's cool. :D

Dayman    17
Posted (edited)

The plane definitely feels a lot smoother, but I'm still getting stutters. One of the matches today was so bad, that it was stuttering as if I'm playing with 10 fps or something

Edited by Dayman

AngryBeaver    55

I would be interested in seeing what cpu/gpu combination people are using. Since some are having issues and others are seeing massive improvements.

Might be interesting to see if the two groups have a similar hardware setup. Example - Nvidia players having a smooth experience while AMD see a decrease.

So give us your cpu/gpu setup and a quick description of your experience

Fiesta    32

Feels better so far, but I still lose about 20-30 fps every time I open my inventory, kinda annoying.

Also, after 7 games, I still havent seen the new sunset, i'm kinda sad, the % chance of getting it must be low...

Nomad    746
20 minutes ago, Fiesta said:

Feels better so far, but I still lose about 20-30 fps every time I open my inventory, kinda annoying.

Also, after 7 games, I still havent seen the new sunset, i'm kinda sad, the % chance of getting it must be low...

It is, for me to get all the screenshots I needed when the test server was live I needed to start about 30 matches and only got 3 sunsets... Live servers, 14 matches, and 1 sunset. They need to up the % imo. 

Fiesta    32
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Nomad said:

It is, for me to get all the screenshots I needed when the test server was live I needed to start about 30 matches and only got 3 sunsets... Live servers, 14 matches, and 1 sunset. They need to up the % imo. 

I agree, ive been going back to lobby for the last 15minutes trying to get the new sunset lol...

0 new sunset and 0 rain, they must have a 1-2% chance!

Edit: just got the new sunset! yiihhaaaa!

Edited by Fiesta

xTekx    226
1 hour ago, AngryBeaver said:

So give us your cpu/gpu setup and a quick description of your experience

I7-4790K, GTX670 and 12GB of RAM. I have no FPS issues as of before this patch. Don't know after this patch.

Hit_Marka    137

Ok.  Now YOUR  mileage might vary.  ..BUT I did these tweaks ages ago when I was having sucky online experience in another game.  As I said, YOUR mileage might vary but I found these net code tweaking guides actually DID do something and helped me a lot.  I have several decades experience in online gaming so I am not shitting you.  Take it for what it is.  I posted this in other forums (BF1) and several people responded that these tweaks did help them also.  * particularly for windows 10 users.

OK.  So go here.   https://forums.redacted.tv/threads/ultimate-windows-10-gaming-tweak-guide.1205/  Read the shit out of these pages and make sure you understand.

Then go here to get the speedguide tips.    https://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

Up to you.  Be smart, read carefully, and I think the tweaks in these few pages will help you.  They certainly did for me.  I haven't changed my settings since doing these tweaks and my online experience has been much better.  I think I mentioned that I am only on a standard ADSL line here in OZ and these did help.  Basically, these tweaks help make your internet connection more efficient in win10 (64).  And in particular, the SPEEDGUIDE settings do help.  Back up your registry etc..standard care practice and all that...but you can always return the speedguide tweaks back to default windows settings anyway if shit don't work out.

Hope these help.