NoonTimeDrunk

Sample of No Impact, No Stopping Power, No Staggering upon Contact

Posted (edited)

I shoot first lay 3 bullets into him and he manages to side step and counter attack me. This is the inconsistency that is ruining cqc battles and the only forms of comfort is being safe a mile away shooting.

I crouched, I focused.. I Pre Fire into someone first.

Do we reward hip fire and shooting on the move to get out of this situation of receiving damage from an AK at point blank?

Edited by NoonTimeDrunk
forgot
  • Like 6

CaezarCZ57    0

Happened exactly the same to me! I feel better now lol. Almost exact same situation, I was behind a rock, decide to start shooting aimed at his chest with UZI, when he was running and was cought by surprise. He feels absolutely nothing and simply shoots at me and aparently one tapping like in video. Hacking or just thats the game? He should have been killed, guy in video as well, so what is happening? Isnt the micro UZI able to kill? So what is it, water gun? It was early game so probably the guy had a level one vest or nothing. 

But most probably it´s hackers both of them.

StraFFniX    1

Gentlemen i can understand ur feelings but u have 2 realize ur playing a video game... its not real life...and im talking about desync here...u aimed leftwards though ur enemy was obviously going to strafe right..like consider enemies ur shooting ALWAYS 0.05 secs ahead of where u actual see them CUZ THERE IS PING..THERS DESYNC..

and the vector factor is huge as well...simply..u wanna stay in house areas? keep a double barreld its ur best buddy

r0eladn    58

I used to play a shitload of CS 1.6. When u shoot someone there they slow down, they cant keep running. (prob what stopping power means)

Dont know if its good/bad that that isnt in pubg. Imagine running across a field and someone is firing at you from cover from 100-150 meters away. You will be dead 100% of the time. You can forget about serpentining/finding cover.

• Like 1

Stress    102

Im not really sure how i feel about this, on one hand staggering after being shot obviously makes alot of sense. But on the other hand, if you are already sitting in a good position to fight someone who is out in the open, and you have the first shot, and the oponent has to evade your shots while figuring out where you are before they can stop moving to return fire, and you still manage to lose the fight, you probably deserve dying for it.

• Like 1

jurajemajl    135
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Stress said:

Im not really sure how i feel about this, on one hand staggering after being shot obviously makes alot of sense. But on the other hand, if you are already sitting in a good position to fight someone who is out in the open, and you have the first shot, and the oponent has to evade your shots while figuring out where you are before they can stop moving to return fire, and you still manage to lose the fight, you probably deserve dying for it.

Actually no, you shouldn't. Positioning should win over twichy and spastic movements, yes if you aim good you should be rewarded, but as OP presented in his video, no penalty for being shoot means that the opponent completely ignores everything coming his way and blasts him with pinpoint precision. OP should have won this engagement, no matter how skilled the opponent is.

@OP 

I feel you, i do not have the needed skills to be peaking-jerking-twerking-noscoping-bunny-hopping kinda player, but im quite good at positioning. I get so frustrated when i pump my opponent full of lead and he just does some  impossible movement shit and returns fire with impunity!

Edited by jurajemajl
  • Like 4

Stress    102
38 minutes ago, jurajemajl said:

I disagree completely

jurajemajl    135
5 minutes ago, Stress said:

I disagree completely

The only reason i argue my point is because this game is semi-realistic. Shit like that kills the immersion of a BR game, everyone looks like bunny on crack. Movement like that and mechanics like those belong to arcady shooters like COD, not in ARMA inspired game. 

• Like 1

Stress    102
4 minutes ago, jurajemajl said:

The only reason i argue my point is because this game is semi-realistic. Shit like that kills the immersion of a BR game, everyone looks like bunny on crack. Movement like that and mechanics like those belong to arcady shooters like COD, not in ARMA inspired game. 

If i wanted realism i'd join the army, i want fun and balanced gameplay, and indirectly buffing camping is not good gameplay to me

• Like 1

Madzai    33
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Stress said:

If i wanted realism i'd join the army, i want fun and balanced gameplay, and indirectly buffing camping is not good gameplay to me

So fun and balanced gameplay is all about not being able player with better aim\reflexes unless you camp like there is no tomorrow? I missed the part then this game become CS:GO. 

Edited by Madzai

Stress    102
2 minutes ago, Madzai said:

So fun and balanced gameplay is all about not being able player with better aim\reflexes unless you camp like there is no tomorrow? I missed the part then this game become CS:GO. 

I think you are mistaking me for someone who thinks camping is a good thing

jurajemajl    135
36 minutes ago, Stress said:

If i wanted to look people who look like they have seizures i would go to epilepsy ward with a strobe light. What a stupid argument. 

So only campers suffer from this retardnes of movement? How about a cqc engagement where you hold a corner for your flanking mates, is that camping also? 

Are you one of those people who think if you are not running you must be camping?

6 minutes ago, Stress said:

You mistake this game for something else, camping, hiding and avoiding fights is crucial part of true BR. With no aim punch, no sway on guns, silly recoil on huge snipers i think it is time to level the playing field and get rid of, at least, the jerky movement. The sooner the better.

• Like 1

Madzai    33
4 minutes ago, Stress said:

Camping, again, camping for like 10 minutes hiding in rubbish with shotty waiting for someone to pass (unlike trying to outsmart other players) is bad. 

But the thing is - if someone can kill you without any problems while you have all advantages - like first shot, better positioning, etc, simply because his aim is better and he's like 18y.o. with perfect eyesight and lighting reflexes you have no other chances but to camp. It's that simple. I know that people call things like suppression, bullet impact effects, added inaccuracy dye to movements, etc. a noob helpers, but in game like PUGB without them, game will degrade into situation where some people will feel helpless and useless while game itself will be dominated by people who can quick-scope target 300 meter away, or can do a 180° turn and headshot after being attacked from the back. IMHO.

jurajemajl    135

Fun fact

jumping has less dispersion penalty than full on sprint. So you sprint, jump and your aim magically becomes smaller in the air. In the AIR! You literally have no surface to rest your weight and yet you are able to turn in basically any direction while flying trough air and aim better then when you have two feet on the ground. 

• Like 3

Stress    102
15 minutes ago, jurajemajl said:

If i wanted to look people who look like they have seizures i would go to epilepsy ward with a strobe light. What a stupid argument. 

So only campers suffer from this retardnes of movement? How about a cqc engagement where you hold a corner for your flanking mates, is that camping also? 

Are you one of those people who think if you are not running you must be camping?

You mistake this game for something else, camping, hiding and avoiding fights is crucial part of true BR. With no aim punch, no sway on guns, silly recoil on huge snipers i think it is time to level the playing field and get rid of, at least, the jerky movement. The sooner the better.

12 minutes ago, Madzai said:

Camping, again, camping for like 10 minutes hiding in rubbish with shotty waiting for someone to pass (unlike trying to outsmart other players) is bad. 

But the thing is - if someone can kill you without any problems while you have all advantages - like first shot, better positioning, etc, simply because his aim is better and he's like 18y.o. with perfect eyesight and lighting reflexes you have no other chances but to camp. It's that simple. I know that people call things like suppression, bullet impact effects, added inaccuracy dye to movements, etc. a noob helpers, but in game like PUGB without them, game will degrade into situation where some people will feel helpless and useless while game itself will be dominated by people who can quick-scope target 300 meter away, or can do a 180° turn and headshot after being attacked from the back. IMHO.

I disagree with both of you, if you lose engagements that you decide to take, cqc or long range, or whatever range, if you have the ability to third-person around corners, rocks and everything, you know where your enemy is and you have the first shot and you still manage to lose the engagement, its not because theres something wrong with the game.

And if you have so bad eyes and reflexes that you manage to lose the same engagement, maybe its time to find another hobby, or atleast play video games where you can keep up with the general pace of the engagements. The game sold 4 million copies, and i'd wager that most of the people who bought the game, are not blind.

Thats really all i have to say about this subject. You dont always lose the game because the game is bad, sometimes its because you are too old, blind, have the reaction time of a potato and are unable to win an engagement you should never be able to lose. If this is the case, maybe something turnbased like Chess is more to your liking, but im actually pretty sure it wont take more than a couple of games because you end up on the chess forums asking for balance changes because you are too dumb to play it

jurajemajl    135
5 minutes ago, Stress said:

I disagree with both of you, if you lose engagements that you decide to take, cqc or long range, or whatever range, if you have the ability to third-person around corners, rocks and everything, you know where your enemy is and you have the first shot and you still manage to lose the engagement, its not because theres something wrong with the game.

And if you have so bad eyes and reflexes that you manage to lose the same engagement, maybe its time to find another hobby, or atleast play video games where you can keep up with the general pace of the engagements. The game sold 4 million copies, and i'd wager that most of the people who bought the game, are not blind.

Thats really all i have to say about this subject. You dont always lose the game because the game is bad, sometimes its because you are too old, blind, have the reaction time of a potato and are unable to win an engagement you should never be able to lose. If this is the case, maybe something turnbased like Chess is more to your liking, but im actually pretty sure it wont take more than a couple of games because you end up on the chess forums asking for balance changes because you are too dumb to play it

So are we too dumb or too bad to play this game? Can you make up your mind?

If your idea of fun is rushing your opponent being a bullet sponge just to blast him with a shootiy while in mid air, that game already exists, its literally 90% of shooter games market. Besides, if im not mistaken, when they implement vaulting they will remove or seriously change jumping, so at least the devs are in agreement that current method is retarded. 

• Like 2

Madzai    33
3 minutes ago, Stress said:

The only problem is the game - PUBG, didn't feel like it's so much about good aim and reflexes, especially given where it's originated from. And the worst part you can hardly understand it until you pour like 100-200+ hours in . Until you become accustomed with mechanics and realize that you can't win engagements simply because you aim and reflexes aren't that good, and being "tactical" won't help against good players if it's not supported with equally good aim and reflexes.

Stress    102
1 minute ago, Madzai said:

And the worst part you can hardly understand it until you pour like 100-200+ hours in .

I have 213 hours in PUBG

Stress    102
5 minutes ago, jurajemajl said:

So are we too dumb or too bad to play this game? Can you make up your mind?

You can be both

Madzai    33
Just now, Stress said:

I have 213 hours in PUBG

Emm.... I think you misunderstood my post. It's nowhere aimed negatively at you. I'm just saying that I, myself, realized that aim and reflexes are playing the much more important role in PUBG than i expected before i started playing it. I just played and played, learning tactics, map, weapons and mechanics. At first i was thinking that i somehow steady improving, but of late i just hit the wall i cannot overcome. Not being able to win CQB firefights (again decent competitors), no matter what trick i used clearly show that without better aim i have no place in game. 

• Like 1

jurajemajl    135
Just now, Stress said:

You can be both

Im good at tactics, but bad at shooting, i see no reason why should i be robbed of my advantage from someone who is bad at tactics but good at shooting. If i lose in straight on firefight, thats fine, because the guy got me where he is better. But if i have the position, surprise and knowledge, i should win that engagement because thats my advantage. I should not be losing that just because the game allows people to tank hits like its nothing. 

You cant possibly think that one is more important than the other. 

• Like 2

Merrill35    54

Hmm, So you pushed someone without your team and you hipfire. Also you ran into someone who has the better CQC weapon. A SMG will out damage any weapon from that range.  While hipfiring you hit 3 body shots, while he was able to pretty much land headshots since you was crouched(actually makes it easier to land headshots since you strafe slower). So im not sure what the problem is.

If you had ADS and landed headshots you might have won but that was a bad engagement on your part since you was without your team and that he had the better CQC weapon. 

• Like 1

Stress    102
32 minutes ago, jurajemajl said:

Im good at tactics, but bad at shooting, i see no reason why should i be robbed of my advantage from someone who is bad at tactics but good at shooting. If i lose in straight on firefight, thats fine, because the guy got me where he is better. But if i have the position, surprise and knowledge, i should win that engagement because thats my advantage. I should not be losing that just because the game allows people to tank hits like its nothing. 

You cant possibly think that one is more important than the other. 

Why should you win a a fight if you are unable to kill your enemy? Doesnt even make sense

35 minutes ago, Madzai said:

Emm.... I think you misunderstood my post. It's nowhere aimed negatively at you. I'm just saying that I, myself, realized that aim and reflexes are playing the much more important role in PUBG than i expected before i started playing it. I just played and played, learning tactics, map, weapons and mechanics. At first i was thinking that i somehow steady improving, but of late i just hit the wall i cannot overcome. Not being able to win CQB firefights (again decent competitors), no matter what trick i used clearly show that without better aim i have no place in game. 

If you know for a fact that you cant consistently win cqc i dont understand why you would put yourself in that kind of situation in the first place. I havent been able to win cqc for the majority of the time i have played this game because everyone have been rubberbanding all over the place. So i have decided to jump to a location where i dont have to consistently shoot 5 people with a shotgun before being able to loot, decision making is a big part of any game you play, and knowing your limit when it comes to your abilities in the game is perhaps the most important part of being good at video games if not life in general. Go into any serious e-sport discussion forum and you will see that the one thing most people at high level have problems with is their decision making in "x" stage of the game, and that goes for literally any game, CS:GO, Dota 2, LoL, Starcraft, literally name a game and decision making is what seperates good players from amazing players, and its no diffrent in PUBG, if you pick a fight you already know you have little chance of winning, and then start complaining about losing, the only thing you are really doing is complaining that you lost to someone who was better than you, because the enemy also picked the cqc, and he most likely decided to fight cq because he felt like he had good odds of winning it.

OP uploaded a clip where he was able to peek the enemy around a house and he still somehow managed to die, it happens to everyone, thats just too bad. OP was lucky in this case, he was recording the episode and can watch the clip over and over again, and every single fucking time he watches that clip he can see that he failed to kill the enemy and was then executed by a weapon made for cqc. Bite your fucking fist and think to yourself "could i have done anything diffrently?"

Yes you could, you could aim for the head and hit your fucking shots and quit complaining on the forums about the game when its clearly l2p issues

• Like 1

jurajemajl    135
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Stress said:

Why should you win a a fight if you are unable to kill your enemy? Doesnt even make sense

???

Do you have hard time understanding what people are writing here or are you just playing dumb?

My tactical advantage should compensate for my shooting disadvantage. The game should not make it easy for no-brain players by making them pay less for their tactical mistakes.

If i get punished by the game for my lack of shooting skill, I see no reason it shouldnt be the same the other way around.

At the moment its more beneficial to rush a gun barrel than to flank... what the actual fuck?

Yes you could, you could aim for the head and hit your fucking shots and quit complaining on the forums about the game when its clearly l2p issues

So you are fine with this:

you spot the enemy sniper, 

he is 200m from you and not facing you

you put one bullet in him

you put another, now he knows where you are, he starts aiming

you put another bullet in him, he is standing still aiming his shot

he fires and headshots you

you die...

You think thats a good gameplay mechanic?

Edited by jurajemajl
  • Like 1

Stress    102
Just now, jurajemajl said:

???

Do you have hard time understanding what people are writing here or are you just playing dumb?

My tactical advantage should compensate for my shooting disadvantage. The game should not make it easy for no-brain players by making them pay less for their tactical mistakes.

If i get punished by the game for my lack of shooting skill, I see no reason it shouldnt be the same the other way around.

At the moment its more beneficial to rush a gun barrel than to flank... what the actual fuck?

Please explain to me how sitting down at a soft angle with no cover with the medium-long range weapon out and the cqc weapon on your back provides you a tactical advantage, against a person rushing you with a fucking vector.

1450460727000.jpg