Sign in to follow this  
LoootoooF1

The lack of "training area" for newcomers is unbearable

Everyone starts in the same place currently, there is no disavantages for newcomers, everyone has been one someday. Just play some matches ffs, this is early alpha. Why should they bother investing time NOW in such a useless feature? Whats unbearable for me is people who wants stuff being pushed in the game before the game is fully optimized. My opinion,

Hi, my brother recently gifted me this game on steam, and I love it so far. It's a great game. Although there was just one thing. I couldn't aim for the life of me whenever or wherever, regardless of the situation. I like sniper rifles and got an AWM, but whiffed every single shot I took. I was eventually snuck up on and smashed with a shotgun. I was watching Muselk's videos and he likes the sniper rifle too. I realized I wasn't leading my shots correctly, and fixed how I did it. I'm still learning, and I think it'd be great if there was an option to go into a locally hosted training ground where you could practice your aim with all guns available. You could learn what all guns do and how to use them properly. Thanks for your time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Overlander820` said:

Hi, my brother recently gifted me this game on steam, and I love it so far. It's a great game. Although there was just one thing. I couldn't aim for the life of me whenever or wherever, regardless of the situation. I like sniper rifles and got an AWM, but whiffed every single shot I took. I was eventually snuck up on and smashed with a shotgun. I was watching Muselk's videos and he likes the sniper rifle too. I realized I wasn't leading my shots correctly, and fixed how I did it. I'm still learning, and I think it'd be great if there was an option to go into a locally hosted training ground where you could practice your aim with all guns available. You could learn what all guns do and how to use them properly. Thanks for your time.

Not sure what it was with this game compared to other games, but I had to turn my aiming sensitivity down quite a bit. I'm currently sitting at 40% on all aiming/zooming settings. The moment I did this I became much more accurate with my shots. When I jump into a BF4 game I feel like the game is in super-speed mode with how whippy fast it is, and I had great aim in that game.

Watch some videos and play the game. You will eventually find and use everything. It took me a few games to find the Vector and a few more to actually learn how to use it. 

Personally i dont like idea of training area for this game.

I love the idea that you have to train to use equipment when playing making it more realistic survival game.

In other shooter games like COD or Battlefield you get more xp and gain better eqipment. In this 1 you just gain xp how to use those guns and optics.

If you would be thrown in to a plane as in game would you be able to do headshots from 300m? Most of us wouldnt and thats what you learn when playing.

1 hour ago, Roughride said:

Personally i dont like idea of training area for this game.

I love the idea that you have to train to use equipment when playing making it more realistic survival game.

In other shooter games like COD or Battlefield you get more xp and gain better eqipment. In this 1 you just gain xp how to use those guns and optics.

If you would be thrown in to a plane as in game would you be able to do headshots from 300m? Most of us wouldnt and thats what you learn when playing.

Combat is few and far between, unless you like dropping at hot spots next to 15 other people. I don't, and I don't care that it's supposed to make me shoot better by forcing the close quarter encounters. I find it too RNG based at the start of the match, and too chaotic. Another thing is that certain weapons are exceedingly rare, and getting practice with them is quite hard. 

I personally just hate spending 5-10 minutes looting for guns, getting gear, then dying to the first gunfight because I don't have enough practice with my guns. 

• Like 2

“The separation of talent and skill is one of the greatest misunderstood concepts for people who are trying to excel, who have dreams, who want to do things. Talent you have naturally. Skill is only developed by hours and hours and hours of beating on your craft." - Will Smith”

• Like 1

Its more the lack of skill-based matchmaking in this game....

The early system doesn´t work at all ...

I can understand the frustration that some people have, but online shooters are supposed to be hard imo. The reward for winning is so much greater that way. Even if they made an offline shooting range you`d probably train with stationary targets anyway, and to excel in this game you need to be able to shoot and kill moving targets, often quite distant ones too.

There is only one way to get better and that is by practicing and trying to learn from your mistakes.

3 hours ago, gamlekripos said:

There is only one way to get better and that is by practicing and trying to learn from your mistakes.

Yeah, I want to practice recoil control in my spare time, or shooting while moving, even if at stationary targets. I'm not good at 3rd person shooters, and I want to also practice 3rd person shooting at targets. Much easier with a range, without risk of being shot. 

Yes it's easier, but it will never prepare you for real combat. And don't forget that shooting is not all in this game. Knowing when to shoot is just as important, that's why a shooting range will only take you thus far. You need the in game experience to be successful. Just play, it's fun! But I'm not against a shooting range per se I just don't think it'll make you a better player.

Once again (occuring x20/day, solo), i was killed mainly because i was unable to test and validate my serie of binds while dueling another player.

I change my keybinds to try to feel more confortable / efficient but because i can't acquire any routine about switching between weapons / optics / rate fire / driving a car / 3pp/1pp & so on, my reward is .. to find myself killed with no improved knowledge.

Also i was sniped today because my mind was lying into my inventory, trying to understand which extensions to chose and where i was supposed to use them with the weapons i was carrying.

It's not that I don't know what i must do or avoid. It's just that not being able to test freely is becoming really boring.

Oh, and yes i know that «A training map is not ETA scheduled», i understand too why it's not an emergency, but damn you ! -_-

Alternative cheap suggestions to a training map :

--> Equip every player in spawn island with a random weapon and its respective full extensions to allow them to spend time / train  (of course, unequip when going plane)

--> Create a "silence_function(weapons)" to bubble the whole spawn island area.

I already have more than 1300 hs and i can tell that this game needs a training mode firing range i am really confortable whit any gun because i have tons of experiences whit all the guns but i can see that almost 90% of the palyers miss shots because they dont know how to shot that weapon and if they dont miss the just shot 1 bullet per minute because they need to see if the bullet hits right now a lot of people dont take figths because they are not sure if they could kill a guy running 

• Like 1

I usually hit any head in the lobby with any gun and I get bored of it in that minute. It's pretty simple actually: move the dot to or above something you want to shoot (irony). But put me in a game where I finally spot an enemy and I don't even know where I am looking. It's a lot more intense when somebody is really around and can shoot back which you cannot learn to handle in a training ground. Position yourself while watching his movement, find cover, relax, try to aim while your heart is pounding, there is a lot more to it than shooting straight.

So I'd say 90% of people don't miss because they don't know how to shoot that given gun, but because they don't know hoe to act in a real situation.

Edited by Zaphat

On 7/7/2017 at 6:57 PM, LoootoooF1 said:

My experience with the Vector not shooting more than 3 bullets during burst mode could come from this jamming bug, or is it that the Vector burst mode fires only 3 bullets each time the player clicks ?

boi... you click it fires 3 shots, you click again and it fires 3 shots, thats called burst, you burst out a small amount of bullets

Edited by Oicz
  • Like 1

I'm definitely in favour of "training area" that can be entered either on your own or in a squad. All weapons, all scopes, all attachments, and both static and moving targets. They've already got the area perfect for it, it's called the shooting range. Just have that in the centre of an area of, say 250m radius.

I've seen videos of BH use a similar area for the testing of vaulting, so i'd even be happy with that being ported straight into a usable area for target practice.

Edited by Glentoran
  • Like 1

I also am an advocate of a practice range/ training area as I'll spend time warming up each time I play in any other game. It's likely to be added in the future. For any new players, just keep playing the game. Duo's and Squad play helps since teammates can revive people. It may feel when you first start that you NEED a chicken dinner...but its a beta game still so those will come. 

After a month of playing and having a few dinners, I now jump to to uninhabitated parts of the map to better myself at the same things a Training area would do. The map is pretty large and pro players have knowledge of the landscape, so jumping to unknown areas also lets you explore a bit as well. The first blue circle takes awhile to kill a player even without meds or boosts and also takes quite some time to close in. Use this to your advantage by practicing and healing when needed. Plus if you're in an obscure area then nobody who is trying to play seriously should show up at your location during this time period. Until Bluehole provides a training area, taking up a slot in a match to do these things is the best substitute players have.

Edited by Dufayne

If you chain run action drops like school, you can get decent practice with weapons between the aggressive fighting and the frequent lobbies.

The thing I want to practice is navigating shipyards / shipping crates. I find it really hard to learn the geometry of the creates when I'm there in a pressure situation. Though I suspect this will be much better when there is vaulting. 

Edited by Kuro466

Nothing like on the job training. You don't learn how to loot fast, attach your pick ups etc. by running around under no stress or not being fired at.

The greatest thrill of the game is not knowing wtf is going to happen when you get on the ground. You don't need time to learn to aim your cross hair and press a button. You need to learn how to control those actions while under duress.

It's quite ridiculous that streamers get custom servers and game modes and the rest of us can't even get a basic shooting range...

• Like 1

I strongly support having a Training Area with moving targets at different ranges.

Also though, winning this game is less about gunfights and is actually mainly about strategic map positioning, knowing vehicle locations, avoiding detection, game timing, and knowing the maps, loot spawn locations, and typical player behavior.

Edited by ManFromChicago
  • Like 1

I like the training area idea.

When you first get this game it should be called looting and death simulator, then... it will slowly mature itself along with the user to be called PUBG.  Seriously though... it took a solid month for me to get the hitboxes sorta down pat.  That was a month of some pure Zen shit I had to do, otherwise I would have tossed my PC out of the damn window already from sheer frustration.  This game is frustrating as hell right out of the gate, fun... but very frustrating.  Fun enough to keep you coming back, but frustrating enough to go have your blood pressure checked after a week.  

• Like 1

training if you don't care for stats :

land at military base if planes come form south

land at goergopol if plane comes fom west

land at yasnaya or lipovka or mylta power if plane come from east

land at severny or shooting range if comes from north

land at school if it comes from anywhere !

freedive, fast loot and go for the kills or your death !