PUBG_Hawkinz

Early Access Roadmap Update - July 7th 2017

PUBG_Hawkinz    1,078

Players,

Today I want to update everyone on PLAYERUKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS progress through Early Access. The amount of support and feedback we have received from our community has been incredible. I want to thank you all for your bug reports, feedback and suggestions. As we continue to fix bugs, improve gameplay and add new content, it’s important to for us to deliver you a fully realized and polished Battle Royale experience as we look towards launch.

Over the past few months I have done a lot of interviews, and in many of them, I said we hoped to be out of Early Access six months after we first launched. I’ve come to realize that restricting the window to a specific month could hinder us from delivering a fully featured game and/or lead to disappointment within the community if the launch deadline is not met.

So, we have decided that we are going push the full launch back a bit from the initial six-month timeframe, but want to assure you that we are still planning a full release before the end of Q4 2017.

We will continue to push weekly and monthly updates until full launch as we want to ensure that the game we release is the best version possible. This is why we’re giving a launch window rather than an exact date. We hope this makes sense, and appreciate your understanding.

As always, I want to thank you all for your continued support.

See you in-game,

PLAYERUNKNOWN

http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1437062253000864753

• Like 7

OldManBoom    77
Posted (edited)

Fair play, the timetable always seemed a bit optimistic anyway.

Edited by OldManBoom
  • Like 1

ClickXT    151

I don't think anyone is really surprised about this.
I love the transparency.

Hit_Marka    137

You just keep 'DOIN WATHCA DOIN' guys...we, the true believers, can wait.   :)   *and yes I've been drinking.   hic!

kaynn    70

Great that the devs actually have a flexible timeplan so they can actual release the game without gamebreaking bugs.. *cough* Dishonored *cough*

Stress    102

As long as the game is playable it can stay in early access forever, i dont care. Thats pretty much the meta with early access games anyway

Nomad    746

As usual love the transparency of the dev team! End of the year was kinda what I was expecting anyways lol :) But if they continue with the way they are going, if the full release needs to be pushed back a bit I am 100% fine with that. 

• Like 1

SneaK X1    30

This isn't a roadmap, btw. PU just announced a delay in production, for good reason though it seems. It is nice to know that they really intend to launch a completed game and not let publishers and dates prevent them from that, like many dev studios do nowadays.

On a side note, since my campaign this whole time has been about console, I hope this doesn't derail the hope of a Xbox Early Access sooner than later.

PUBG_Hawkinz    1,078
17 minutes ago, SneaK X1 said:

This isn't a roadmap, btw. PU just announced a delay in production, for good reason though it seems.

Thats right, its an early access roadmap update. Its referring to the early access roadmap announcement from February.

https://www.playbattlegrounds.com/news/22.pu 

We’re not yet certain how long we’ll remain in Early Access, but our goal is for BATTLEGROUNDS to hit full launch within six months. Upon launch, the Battle Royale game mode will be complete, and we’ll have implemented full modding support. We have a lot of additional content planned for launch, and we’re excited to reveal it all to you over the coming months.

Update:

So, we have decided that we are going push the full launch back a bit from the initial six-month timeframe, but want to assure you that we are still planning a full release before the end of Q4 2017.

1 hour ago, Prisator said:

Excuse me, where is the roadmap? 

The  original 2017 roadmap is here: https://www.playbattlegrounds.com/news/22.pu

No1Care    0
16 hours ago, SneaK X1 said:

This isn't a roadmap, btw. PU just announced a delay in production, for good reason though it seems. It is nice to know that they really intend to launch a completed game and not let publishers and dates prevent them from that, like many dev studios do nowadays.

On a side note, since my campaign this whole time has been about console, I hope this doesn't derail the hope of a Xbox Early Access sooner than later.

This sounds exactly like every single early accses game it will just keep getting pushed and pushed and pushed and xbox has an early acsess if they intended on an release for xbox it would have been done by now yes i know what I'm talking about I've done projects of my own. 

tata gamer    1

im playing from closed beta, and played huge amount of games and when i tryed this one im staying and not going nowere. This game is awesome and cat wait to play on new maps and stuff :)

• Like 1

SneaK X1    30
4 hours ago, No1Care said:

This sounds exactly like every single early accses game it will just keep getting pushed and pushed and pushed and xbox has an early acsess if they intended on an release for xbox it would have been done by now yes i know what I'm talking about I've done projects of my own. 

Wut 

Sunsetter    45
4 hours ago, No1Care said:

See your own user name for my opinion on what you said. 

I for one am glad the release for full launch is pushed back considering the game is still very enjoyable as it is now, but with more time to work on it I can expect it to be more polished on final launch. Thanks for the update though. :)

mart1n1    136

Please do something about the circle RNG. This has become a walking simulator. Not fun as it was before.