Sign in to follow this  
Jesty

Fix shotguns

Reduce the damage by the tiniest bit or do something to counter against shotgun campers. They will camp corners, rooms, bushes anything to get that one shot kill even with a good vest sometimes you just die instantly.

The fact that someone can one shot you from across buildings on the roof or through windows with a shotgun is absolutely ridiculous. I understand they are shotguns and quite deadly but they are ruining this game. Any amazing match you have any good times are instantly ruined by some guy who camps you so long you all die to the blue circle just because he knows if you peek you get one shot.

Grenades, Waiting it out. Never really works, sure if you get lucky and put 500 hours into the game maybe you can do trick shots with a grenade and kill the gun but a lot of the times it just doesn't work and the guy with the camping spot wins. 

Just fix this, there isn't many things wrong with the gone.

yeah... they arent only problem. The houses in PUBG are built like poor favela houses really cramped, hard to move, hard to miss. Shotgun heaven basically.

Also shotgun damage should reduce much faster with range. Real shotgun pellets dont even penetrate kevlar body armor normally, and AK is much stronger, yet 2 ak bullets to chest doesnt kill but that single shotgun always kills.

It is such a turn off. Imho they could be removed from the game (impossible to balance) - this would encourage use of SMG and pistols.

Shotguns have been discussed in depth in other posts. But basically a 12 gauge hits at 75 meters harder than a .308 (7.62x51) by a factor of about 2. So while this may not penetrate the vest, (the force of a 308 commonly breaks ribs and causes internal bleeding.) So a shotgun at 20 feet vs an armored target your ribcage will probably shatter crushing your lungs and heart. Another way to think about it is a shotgun generates 2-3000 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle. A 20 lb sledge hammer swung at 10 feet per second will net about 1000 lbs. So if you feel confident in your armor myself and 1 or 2 buddies will come over and you can lay on the ground and we will swing our sledgehammers at the same time and hit you in the plate. How quickly will you stand back up and shoot me with an ak47 I will provide you with?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Doc_Ebs said:

Shotguns have been discussed in depth in other posts. But basically a 12 gauge hits at 75 meters harder than a .308 (7.62x51) by a factor of about 2. So while this may not penetrate the vest, (the force of a 308 commonly breaks ribs and causes internal bleeding.) So a shotgun at 20 feet vs an armored target your ribcage will probably shatter crushing your lungs and heart. Another way to think about it is a shotgun generates 2-3000 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle. A 20 lb sledge hammer swung at 10 feet per second will net about 1000 lbs. So if you feel confident in your armor myself and 1 or 2 buddies will come over and you can lay on the ground and we will swing our sledgehammers at the same time and hit you in the plate. How quickly will you stand back up and shoot me with an ak47 I will provide you with?

I'm not trying to argue that it shouldn't do damage, I'm saying the camping needs fixed. The way it works right now is ruining the game and entertainment value it gives and many people agree. You can cry realism all you want but in some situations, no in ALOt of situations you wouldn't get as injuried as you are trying to sway. You'd get crippled but you'd survive with enough power on your end or on your allies end. 

The fact that you just instantly die in this game from a shotgun at any rage is completely pathetic. And honestly needs fixed, As stated in my first post i was HOUSES away, and i got knocked down instantly by a shotgun. It's just not fair in anyway what so ever to have my games end constantly due to shotguns. 90% of my games i'm dead by shotgun campers or ridiculous shotgun kills that shouldn't work but they do.

Edit: I like shotguns myself and they are fun but with how it is now it's just not okay. Reducing the damage or reduce the damage as the bullet spray goes forward would really be amazing. I'm just tired of dying instantly to some shotgun camper.

Edited by Jesty

No. Just because you don't know how to counter a shotgun doesn't mean they need to be nerfed.  They're already balanced because:

A) They're short range only

B) Have extremely small clips (double barrel), have very slow ROF (pump action), take forever to reload (both) or are wildly inaccurate (S12K)

FPS games routinely nerf shotguns into non-use, and I hope PUBG doesn't. They're balanced right now. If you're in a situation where a shotgun has an advantage over your weapon then don't engage. If you have no choice, then guess what?  Get better or die. You're not always going to have a fair advantage in this game or any FPS.

• Like 2

You realize 1 large grid is 100 meters on the map right? A shotgun should be able to reach out almost that far. The small grids are 10 meters your shotgun is zeroed for 25 meters 2.5 little grids... So why being a couple houses away makes you think you are safe from a shotgun I'm not sure besides COD has you thinking that you have to gut check someone with a shotgun to make it work. As for camping it is a legit strategy, this is a survival game killing is secondary to surviving. If this was a team deathmatch style game then yeah cry about campers. But at the end of the day I will take a choked o/u and sit at the top of some stairs in the circle and defend my newly found home and enjoy my chicken dinners.

4 hours ago, Doc_Ebs said:

You realize 1 large grid is 100 meters on the map right? A shotgun should be able to reach out almost that far. The small grids are 10 meters your shotgun is zeroed for 25 meters 2.5 little grids... So why being a couple houses away makes you think you are safe from a shotgun I'm not sure besides COD has you thinking that you have to gut check someone with a shotgun to make it work. As for camping it is a legit strategy, this is a survival game killing is secondary to surviving. If this was a team deathmatch style game then yeah cry about campers. But at the end of the day I will take a choked o/u and sit at the top of some stairs in the circle and defend my newly found home and enjoy my chicken dinners.

This is actually a battleroyale game, and the point is not to sit in a house with a shotgun to get chicken dinner.

To quote original battle royal ideology:

"To make sure the students obey the rules and kill each other, the metal collars around their necks track their positions, and will explode if they linger in a "Forbidden Zone" or attempt to remove the collars. The Forbidden Zones are randomly chosen areas of the map that increase in number as time goes on, re-sculpting and shrinking the battlefield and forcing the students to move around. The collars secretly transmit sound back to the organizers of the game, allowing them to hear the students' conversations, root out escape plans, and log their activities. The collars also explode if the students go a full day without anyone dying."

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Doc_Ebs said:

Thats silly. Do you think you would be standing and aiming your shotgun after two AK-47 shots to the chest with no armor (or even with armor, since AK bullet would penetrate it)? Of course not. In the game you do.

Edited by finnishfakeflagger4

I dont find shotguns to be an issue, in fact I find them quite under powered and even risky.

Just scan houses and rooms before you enter. If you know a camper is in a house, dont push. Staying alive is better than getting a kill, and they have to leave the house eventually. Find a good spot in-circle and wait for them to leave. Its that simple.

Or pick up a shot gun and join em if you cant beat em

21 hours ago, finnishfakeflagger4 said:

Thats silly. Do you think you would be standing and aiming your shotgun after two AK-47 shots to the chest with no armor (or even with armor, since AK bullet would penetrate it)? Of course not. In the game you do.

Ever been shot by an ak47? Because I have. And yeah my armor stopped 5 of the 6 bullets... level 3a plates are rated for 7.62x51 NATO rounds. Ak47 shoots 7.62x39

On 7/10/2017 at 2:20 PM, Doc_Ebs said:

Ever been shot by an ak47? Because I have. And yeah my armor stopped 5 of the 6 bullets... level 3a plates are rated for 7.62x51 NATO rounds. Ak47 shoots 7.62x39

While I did not have the "luxury" of being shot with an AK while I was deployed, that is correct. Level III can stop standard 7.62x51 NATO. Level III+ can stop 5.56/.223 (XM193 and M855), as well as 7.62x51 AP. Level IV can stop .30-06 AP which is absolutely ridiculous. I would NOT want to take one of those to the chest.

On 7/12/2017 at 3:19 AM, eruffini said:

While I did not have the "luxury" of being shot with an AK while I was deployed, that is correct. Level III can stop standard 7.62x51 NATO. Level III+ can stop 5.56/.223 (XM193 and M855), as well as 7.62x51 AP. Level IV can stop .30-06 AP which is absolutely ridiculous. I would NOT want to take one of those to the chest.

I personally would not recommend the experience. I rate 2/10 would not do again.

Sign in to follow this