Sign in to follow this  
LJacobs

What we need

aight so ill make this as quick as possible

positive

1. guns, vehicles etc are well distributed from what i've experienced, if i survive the first 10 mins i'd almost always have a rifle + scope and secondary. vehicles arent too common but also arent too rare though far away from the safe zone without a car pretty much makes the game a walking simulator. also i love that you can't repair or flip cars back on its wheels, punish those who cant use them

6. all guns are nicely balanced

constructive

1. fix melee combat, what i mean by this is it is very difficult to hit someone with a fist, pan, sickle any of the melee weapons and killing a knocked out person is near impossible almost 100% of the time being killed by his mate first.

2. make parachuting faster. it's just unnecessary and boring

3. grenades are not fast enough, if you're in a tight situation they're not gonna help, also switching between primary and grenades takes way too long

4. trying to prone and scope is the biggest pain in the ass get on that please, at least should be able to scope while crawling

6. doors are laggy, picking up items is sometimes delayed, running into a fence with a car is always laggy. idk if this is my internet or the game but its annoying af

Posted (edited)

Hello. I kinda agree with you on some of these.

1. (Constructive 2) I don't see the point in making parachuting faster as it actually plays a huge role on if you're going to be alive in the next seconds or minutes. It also gives you just enough time to decide where to go and see how many players are surrounding you. I do get your point that it can be boring, but imo I enjoy it:P

2. (Constructive 3) I feel the same way about the grenades. At this point they are kinda useless and no-one uses them due to having to switch your primary. I would suggest making it like a normal FPS game and pressing G throws a nade. BUT then there should be a limit on how many grenades you can carry to prevent nade spam.

3. (Constructive 6) If I'm correct... Interaction has been improved a lot in the update coming out this week (Hopefully tomorrow). Will have to wait and see how doors and things are.

YEET!

Edited by ULTI

4 hours ago, LJacobs said:

scope while crawling

Are you out of your mind?! This in the stupidest suggestion i've ever seen here. i think scoping should be even more difficult. Trying to hit someone when standing should be really hard, and after running nearly impossible. We really should get rid off of those ridiculous actions from CS (running, jumping and sniping).

1 hour ago, Ilmar said:

Are you out of your mind?! This in the stupidest suggestion i've ever seen here. i think scoping should be even more difficult. Trying to hit someone when standing should be really hard, and after running nearly impossible. We really should get rid off of those ridiculous actions from CS (running, jumping and sniping).

I don't agree with OP but I don't agree with you either. The gunplay right now feels very good and the only gripes I have against it is simply related to how clunky the movement feels. There a few things that need to be tweaked but no way should it be overhauled like you suggest.

9 hours ago, Ilmar said:

This guy is right. If I ever took you shooting and you tried to be "scoped in" while crawling, I'd let you blow up the gun from all the dirt you'd have jammed in the barrel. Holding a scoped rifle to your face while walking is possible, but entirely impracticable with any sort of rifle and probably smgs (no personal experience with smgs), and is EXTREMELY difficult with even a handgun. Two other notes on the aspect of aiming, I bet you cannot hold your arms straight out in front of you for 5 minutes straight without severely wobbling, let alone a 8 lb rifle. If you think you can, youtube yourself holding a weight in front of yourself and forward a link. Next, running will ruin your breathing patterns, and again, WOULD destroy your aim.

Go play Counterstrike or Call of Duty, stop trying to ruin games which prefer some symbalence of reality

I agree with grenades for sure, the only time I use them is for their only standard purpose now; trying to end 3rd person tree standoffs. Every other situation where you'd commonly use a grenade in a video game they're so so clunky and slow you're just asking someone to kill you while you're defenseless. The arc indicator is still incorrect, too, so actually tossing a grenade through a doorway or window is often suicide. Underhand throw for a short toss into the next room? Prepare for an extra 2 seconds of waiting until the command becomes available.

I think with scoping there should be a bit of a delay for some things, and moving while prone should certainly take you out of the scope. I think for higher magnification scopes a longer delay between movement and a reliable reticle would be justified, but it's not a massive issue. I died in a match recently because a guy jumped out on me and I ADS'd with an 8x on my M16 and didn't have a chance to draw a bead cause I was waiting on the initial bounce of the scope to play out. I was frustrated with myself but I think the mechanic is perfectly legitimate. Mostly the scoping and shooting mechanic seem to have a good amount of realism without being cumbersome, but there's certainly some tweaking that could be justified and will be more to come.

Parachuting IS boring, but I notice the OP also complains about melee weapons so I'm assuming he likes to jump into the party spots and ends up eating it early a lot. One of the reasons I try so hard to make a smart jump where I can get good loot without anyone interfering is the lobby and parachuting time is a huge amount of your game if you die early but insignificant if you make the top ten, and everything around early game fights is so random and broken that there's no way to reliably outskill people and stay alive. No pan fights for me. :P 

Sign in to follow this