Sign in to follow this  
i_shoot_lazers

Minimum foliage density should be at least medium

Posted (edited)

As it is most players will set this setting to a minimum making the game look like Duke Nukem 3d because it gives you an incredible advantage in spotting your enemies. It's like a necessity, and it's bad for all. I don't think we need to include such a low setting only so that Sergej from Ural can play the game on his Pentium PC. We're in 2017... Foliage detail could be adjustable by texture detail, not by density. If nothing help then don't draw a player model that's behind an invisible bush. Make it a distadvantage, not an advantage.

Same for render distance. Players should not be drawn outside the foilage render distance! No bush, no players, that easy.

Edited by i_shoot_lazers

36 minutes ago, i_shoot_lazers said:

As it is most players will set this setting to a minimum making the game look like Duke Nukem 3d because it gives you an incredible advantage in spotting your enemies. It's like a necessity, and it's bad for all. I don't think we need to include such a low setting only so that Sergej from Ural can play the game on his Pentium PC. We're in 2017... Foliage detail could be adjustable by texture detail, not by density. If nothing help then don't draw a player model that's behind an invisible bush. Make it a distadvantage, not an advantage.

Same for render distance. Players should not be drawn outside the foilage render distance! No bush, no players, that easy.

foliage is rendered at the same distance and near identical density for all foliage settings. 

sshNjsB.jpg

Can you provide screenshots if this is not the case?

• Like 1

About the render distance thing? Yeah I guess it's not a thing of "unfair" settings advantage but it should be adressed anyway (like I said, same render distance for player models as for foliage). I only realized it after watching this video:

"why are they going prone?"

some moments later they're speculating "maybe there is tall grass there"

I have to admit I massively overestimated the effect of foliage density. I just heard it said in a video and it put me in rage. Sorry!

29 minutes ago, i_shoot_lazers said:

I have to admit I massively overestimated the effect of foliage density. I just heard it said in a video and it put me in rage. Sorry!

no problem the low graphical advantage was fixed a while ago.

as for the render distance, the team are aware of this and there have been many already discussions on this topic. 

Thanks

Sign in to follow this