Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

N3rdyGam3r

General Audio Issues & Suggestions

TLDR: It would be nice to have an option in game to change audio devices, but not even having a 3rd party application work is pretty annoying.

I feel that the ability to change the default audio device is an essential part of any game or program's settings. I have been working on setting up my audio with VoiceMeeter Banana and AudioCable, and have separate audio devices for games and for desktop audio (my default device). I have them separated so if I stream, the stream wouldn't pick up the desktop audio. With the game only using the default audio device, it would end up in the channel that doesn't get played to the stream. I have looked at other solutions to this, but even programs like CheVolume don't work on PUBG. I'm not sure why this is, but whenever I try to route the audio, it moves for a second then goes right back to where it started.

Hi there,

I recently started to play some random squad.

There is some players that dont even know their sound is not available. 

A small icon that let you know if your sound is ready, muted, team only etc in the corner of the screen would be perfect

Thats my 2 cents for those days )

I do not play PUBG because I am broke, but I have watched a lot of streams of the game off of Twitch.tv. I have communicated with a bunch of streamers and they all agree that it would be helpful if there is an option to be able to choose your mic and mess with the settings in game. The problem that I've been seeing is if they have a mic and unplug and then plug it back in the game does not render the mic. Therefore rendering all communication from this player useless. Please address this problem and have a good day. Thank you!

Please allow me to adjust individual game effects. I'd like to be able to turn up things like enemy and ally footsteps without blasting the noise on gunfire. I don't even care if I'm able to adjust footsteps/other effects perfectly, I just want to be able to raise the volume of other effects, without affecting the really loud sounds.

I can't play the game anymore because the sounds are at so different levels. That is if I want to be able to hear footsteps and doors i must turn up the volume to a level that if I get shot from close range I get tinnitus. I don't have this problem at all when playing Battlefield games. Sure I get it "it's more realistic this way!" but it's a game that's supposed to be fun and fair? I feel that if people are willing to risk their hearing to get an advantage something is wrong with the game. I think that putting the sound effects within a closer range won't hurt the gameplay but will save peoples ears (works great in other games).

Would it be possible to make a default setting to mute the spawn island, and then the game unmutes when the plane starts? The noise of the spawn island is very annoying.

Lord_Vendrup

Footfall audio is a real challenge. Some players are blasting their volume to hear the faintest footfalls clearly, and then complaining that gunshots and parachute wind are unbearably loud. Others are not, but they might miss some faint footfalls.

I think PUBG might need to do audio compression instead..... The settings should allow you to set the minimum volume you can easily hear, and the maximum volume you find reasonable.. and the game should put all audio effects within that range. 

Thanks for the Q.A on reddit.

On the noise level. 

While driving a car Why are you talking about "Balance" when it's just flat out annoying. and we can't even comunicate on the voIP.

Im pretty sure Youll get shot before hearing anything. 

An other terrible decission on the devs team! Yay!

If anything needs fixed its the audio. When a fully grown man or woman is running/crouch running towards you with clothing + police vest + a backpack full of items + two weapons and the ammo for them, you fucking hear them. There is no ' hmm was that footsteps?' or 'probably just the ambient noise'. You can hear them coming from several feet away. It's so easy to sneak up on an enemy without them being given even a hint of audio to alert them, while you carry 40kg+ of weight on your body and are sprinting towards them.

Hi PUBG team,

First of all I just want to say what a fantastic and thrilling game, and also that the sound design and localisation of things such as gunshots and footsteps is great (despite what many people say).

BUT, my only gripe about the sound is the perception of footsteps when listening from either inside or outside of buildings when the source is located otherwise. I think that you should not be able to hear, or at least nowhere near to the current level, peoples footsteps through walls of buildings as is so in real life. Is this something that could perhaps be addressed in a future update? I find it detracts from the immersion of the game, and in some cases can lead to unfair advantages or unnatural combat situations.

Best,

J

In my opinion it's not so hard to change this one and it could improve the gameplay so much. I find myself so often in situations where there is guy close to me, but it sounds like he is outside the house but because of the textures inside the house, he is actually inside the house, it just makes same noises as if he is outside the house(For example military base apartments or roofs etc. + sometimes it's really hard to recognize if the guy is above you, with you on the floor or under you. In my opinion this needs to be change, as the sound is a really big part of this game, specially in SOLO game mode.

Music not always turning off beeing off in start screen, and when going into another screen it still plays. Annoying for those of us who actually do something in-between games. Please make this happen?

Please set voice communication to P2T by default. Most people are fine but it's Asian people sitting in their internet cafes with voice activation, all you can hear it loud chattering. 

I notice streamers have their volume too loud, they are getting permanent ear damage. I have a decibel meter here and i use speakers. I have clips i like to listen to where streamers hear a player or point it out to a team mate and in order for me to hear the footsteps the decibels goes above the safe level of 85 for gun shots and the plane noise etc.

The only people at a disadvantage are those not ruining their hearing. I know about voicemeter banana to compress the audio and it does make footsteps super loud to the point you can hear them a few houses away but it makes everything sound horrible.

It needs to be done in the game, increase footsteps and reduce the plane, close gun shots, boost mode for cars. I'd also like to see player voice volume equalized and compressed in game.

I am noticing a distinct lag of sound as many times now I stop moving and my own footsteps continue as if someone were right behind me.

I have also noticed many times that when I run from grass to street back to grass the grass steps play for almost the entire width of the street and than the strret steps play afterwards and continue for awhile even though I have been back on the grass for a bit.

Boa noite meus queridos e minhas queridas, venho aqui hoje para relatar um caso que aconteceu comigo e creio que pode ser uma melhoria para a qualidade auditiva do jogo. 

Estes dias estava jogando, peguei um carro e comecei a andar quando de repente tomei tiros, então parei o carro de forma a ter proteção dele e comecei a trocar tiros com o outro player, porem o carro começou a pegar fogo e do angulo que eu estava não dava para ver e acabou que o carro explodiu e morri (noob). 

Creio que nesse caso se tivesse um áudio especifico para o carro pegando fogo prestes a explodir, pode melhorar a jogabilidade apenas pelo sentido auditivo dos jogadores, já que o jogo é extremamente baseado no som.

Good evening, my dear ones, I come here today to report a case that happened to me and I believe it could be an improvement to the auditory quality of the game.

These days I was playing and got a car so I started walking when suddenly took shots, so I stopped the car in order to have protection from it and started to exchange shots with the other player, but the car started to catch fire but from the angle that I was I could not see it and ended up that the car exploded and I died (noob).

I think in this case if we had a specific audio for the car catching on fire about to explode, we can improve the gameplay only by the players' sense of audio, since the game is extremely sound based.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:30 AM, malkythealky said:

Hi PUBG team,

First of all I just want to say what a fantastic and thrilling game, and also that the sound design and localisation of things such as gunshots and footsteps is great (despite what many people say).

BUT, my only gripe about the sound is the perception of footsteps when listening from either inside or outside of buildings when the source is located otherwise. I think that you should not be able to hear, or at least nowhere near to the current level, peoples footsteps through walls of buildings as is so in real life. Is this something that could perhaps be addressed in a future update? I find it detracts from the immersion of the game, and in some cases can lead to unfair advantages or unnatural combat situations.

Best,

J

I'm not sure what game you are playing but it is absolutely a different game then I am experiencing. Right now I am using the Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum headset, a pretty good one in anybody's standard. I have the volumn cranked to the max, as well as having the game sound cranked to the max. I have heard exactly one foot fall in the game in about a week and a half. Also the vehicles almost run me over before I even know they are near me but at 200 meters they are louder then if they drive right by me. Ambient sounds are pretty much non-existent. I feel like I am playing a Battle Royale game in a monestery.