Sign in to follow this  
Orpheus

Prone Blocked: the most frustrating thing in the land

Orpheus    0

I suggest some fleshing out of the prone mechanism in the game. I get a "prone blocked" message quite often in tense situations where there is often nothing around me that should cause my proning to be blocked. It is literally dropping to the ground and a normal human should be able to do that in nearly any situation. Basically I just want to be able to drop to the ground when I am being shot at and not have this affected so heavily by the stone wall in front of me. 

I also had a situation where my prone was blocked when reloading. Proning should take priority over reloading to the point of cancelling the reload IMO. 

Camaxide    5

I think if you have prone blocked you are at a steep hill, at which only sideways of the plane would allow for prone - you cant go into a "vertigo" with a prone.

Freakorr    0

Whenever you're close to something prone is blocked. A video? Are you serious? Do you not play the game? Face a wall and see if you can go in the prone or a loot crate that the plane drops.

AntiChoice    1

I am getting "prone blocked" while reloading too. I think it's a first person bug. Not sure it it's a bug but it feels weird and not right. If you are trying to stand up the reload should finished while moving or it should get canceled. 

Tom C    3

I agree -

I was just crawling along the side of a cliff being prone, three of us left, get up to take a shot with the M24, go to lie down again and suddenly the game says "Prone Blocked" and I'm nailed by the return shots... Huh!?

Aandar    0
Posted (edited)

There is a simple solution to this very annoying problem:

Enter prone by first automatically moving a little to the nearest prone possible position, which in most cases should be like maximum 1 meter away.

Make it optional in settings/gameplay for people who would rather have it the way it is now.

Edited by Aandar