My roommate and I FOUND A FIX for the following issues:
1. Discord going silent while mates can still hear me (Have been lasting +1 year now and had to disconnect+reconnect to fix it temporarily)
2. PUBG starting to show "network lag detected" since last update, every 3 min ish.. Exact same issue as the rest of you guys.
We have a R6220 netgear router.
After discovering that it was the router causing the issues, we started playing around with a lot of different solutions.
The one that works for us is adding discord and PUBG to the QoS priority list.
Heres how it's done:
1. Go to your router's IP (http://192.168.1.1/)
2. Advanced -> Setup -> QoS setup
3. Check the "Turn Internet Access QoS On" (This might enable "Bandwidth control" by default, which we unchecked)
4. Delete all items in the all the queues by clicking "Delete All" button located at bottom right.
5. Add Discord and PUBG to the "Highest" priority queue. Make sure that the checkmark for QoS by Service is checked and scroll down to the bottom of the dropdown menu to "Add a new application"
6. Insert the infomation shown in the snippets below. One for PUBG and one for discord.
Finally click apply and wait for the router to update the new settings.
There should be no drawbacks to this fix. Please comment if this worked for you as well. So the word can be spread on how to fix these annoying issues.
Possible fix for users with select Netgear modems (including the R6220) experiencing issues