Volvic

Another update and yet again performance still awful

Volvic    31

I am sick of playing the game when fights are won on who lags less or has less performance issues at that moment.

I just do not understand how you can think this is ok, this excuse of early access has run its course, if you are giving people free access to early access then sure, you get what you pay for right, this is a full priced game, more so in todays market for games and week after week, month after month the performance is just awful while we get updates for 

• Improved the wrist positions on the steering wheel
  • Improved character animation when using throwables while prone
  • Fixed a visual bug with the scope while a character you are spectating is prone on a hill

How about fixing the doors, lag when next to enemy players and loot actually spawning correctly?

I can not be the only person getting fed up of how neglected the far more important issues are while we get mediocre updates.  

Before it gets said - 

• Optimized game performance for 6-core or higher CPU
  • Optimized UI

No difference at all, still cant go round a corner with an enemy there without getting huge desync and lag.

Please for the love of God start making progress with important things.

• Like 1

maggot    8
Posted (edited)

It's been very frustrating lately when you kill a player and the loots appears after 3-4 sec, or you drop and you go trough a whole house, all empty, when you go back and check tadaaa the loot is there. They have the resources but they dont want to do it, simple as that. 

Edited by maggot

Frazer    45
1 hour ago, Volvic said:

this is a full priced game,

A full priced 27 quid game lol. With updates every week and free maps on the way.

I must be super lucky cause I rarely have performance issues.

• Like 5

DeafParrot    35
17 minutes ago, Frazer said:

With updates every week and free maps on the way.

Free updates and free maps are one way to see it. Another way to see it is getting what you already pre-paid for.

But yeah, $30 is not that much for what you get.

Volvic    31
9 minutes ago, Frazer said:

A full priced 27 quid game lol. With updates every week and free maps on the way.

I must be super lucky cause I rarely have performance issues.

A full priced game indeed, can buy 2 - 3 popular games for that price and still have money spare. Not to mention that me playing the game helps them improve the game, if anything they should of given early access for free, so I really do not see your problem with those complaining about the performance issues.

Updates to where you hands are positioned on a steering wheel, brilliant.

You must be because 99% of people playing the game top end PCs to low end struggle with the most basic of game play like opening doors, picking up loot even have people running them over inside buildings.

Volvic    31
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, DeafParrot said:

Free updates and free maps are one way to see it. Another way to see it is getting what you already pre-paid for.

But yeah, $30 is not that much for what you get.

I agree I think you get a good game for $30 but that doesnt excuse them neglecting the performance side,  them adding in new content,  all the extra bits is fantastic and im all for it, after they fix the problems with the most basic of things like opening a door.

Edited by Volvic

Quasispec    185

@Volvic

To be fair, while the performance issues can be terribly obnoxious, a lot of them are popping up right after updates and being addressed in the subsequent 1-2 days.

I think to a large degree it's just not realistic to do game and netcode optimization completely then add features because you'd end up having to fix everything again.

It doesn't make it any less annoying when I'm just wrapping up my looting, getting ready to go kill some people, and I lose the server connection...but still hang on until I get the timeout message because I'm so invested in the match. :P

barnett71    6

I know that if I got 10 fps more I'd certainly get my first solo chicken dinner. I'm playing on a laptop and I get around 25 fps tops and still manage to get top 10s and kills. .... just those extra fps would really help. Last month patch was great I got a nice boost but latest weekly patches have done nothing to performance, surely if they focus more on lower end systems then the higher ends one would get better performance too?

Volvic    31
2 minutes ago, Quasispec said:

@Volvic

To be fair, while the performance issues can be terribly obnoxious, a lot of them are popping up right after updates and being addressed in the subsequent 1-2 days.

I think to a large degree it's just not realistic to do game and netcode optimization completely then add features because you'd end up having to fix everything again.

It doesn't make it any less annoying when I'm just wrapping up my looting, getting ready to go kill some people, and I lose the server connection...but still hang on until I get the timeout message because I'm so invested in the match. :P

Agreed, you cant just optimizations when you know youre going to be adding something that is going to mess with it all over again but seriously, what else are you going to add to doors? door knobs that you have to turn to open? where you can hold the door knob on the other side to lock the door? If so im all up for waiting for that to be added before I can open a door correctly, if not what is the excuse to leave doors so broken?

Im not being a moaner about every little tiny detail, im not moaning about things being unfair because of RNG etc my issues are genuine performance and optimization issues that really do ruin the game for you if you get one at the wrong time. I really do not think that asking for a couple of patches purely on improving these issues instead of adding fixes in for things like how a bottle of painkillers roll after use or hands on a steering wheel is such a huge cry or moan.

eruffini    12
6 hours ago, Volvic said:

Agreed, you cant just optimizations when you know youre going to be adding something that is going to mess with it all over again but seriously, what else are you going to add to doors? door knobs that you have to turn to open? where you can hold the door knob on the other side to lock the door? If so im all up for waiting for that to be added before I can open a door correctly, if not what is the excuse to leave doors so broken?

Im not being a moaner about every little tiny detail, im not moaning about things being unfair because of RNG etc my issues are genuine performance and optimization issues that really do ruin the game for you if you get one at the wrong time. I really do not think that asking for a couple of patches purely on improving these issues instead of adding fixes in for things like how a bottle of painkillers roll after use or hands on a steering wheel is such a huge cry or moan.

Clearly you don't understand.

It's not just about doors, but any change for any part of the game can induce or reduce lag/latency/issues in any other part of the game. They could "fix" the doors only to break them again by modifying something else, but I doubt the door problem you are experiencing is specifically the door itself. It's most likely a server/client side delay in the netcode or rendering - which modifying and optimizing that could have implications beyond the door.

PUBG is early access, and close to an alpha than a beta, so these problems are expected. This is what we all agreed upon when buying the game - which is NOT full price by the way. A full price game is $60 or more. $20/$30 is typical for a full price game that's gone on sale, but we're in early access so there's no reason to charge full price.

Brotherwood    50
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Volvic said:

I am sick of playing the game when fights are won on who lags less or has less performance issues at that moment.

Then have a break and stop playing the game until it has been resolved.

They are aware of the problem. They are undoubtedly STILL trying to resolve the problem. Would you rather that every other department developing this game (yes, contrary to popular belief on this forum, there is different job roles in game development) forget their jobs, walk home and just wait for the network team to resolve the issues revolving around lag?

I just do not understand how you can think this is ok, this excuse of early access has run its course, if you are giving people free access to early access then sure, you get what you pay for right, this is a full priced game, more so in todays market for games and week after week, month after month the performance is just awful while we get updates for 

• Fixed a visual bug with the scope while a character you are spectating is prone on a hill

They have not excused themselves. They have stated they're addressing it several times. The game is constantly being optimised to help improve performance. When a patch is released, there are new variables which they must test thoroughly once again. Not only that, they have a strict patch schedule which they're trying to adhere to to keep the progress of the game clear to the community.

I can not be the only person getting fed up of how neglected the far more important issues are while we get mediocre updates.  

You are not neglected in any sense but it's incredible how self-entitled you're coming across in an early-access game. This is the way I see 99% of these whining posts:

• Person plays game until they frustrate themselves.
  • Person gets emotional that they lose a round for a reason that has already been announced to be a problem by thousands of other members of the community with no constructive feedback.
  • Person tries to reason that the "early-access" argument does not count even though the game is still in early-access. Person does not warrant any attention to the disclaimer of an early-access game.
  • Person complains about patches addressing other issues because their issue is the most important. In person's mind, all other development should stop because their issue is most important and nothing else matters.
  • Repeat formula.

Tell you what I'm sick of? These posts. Put the game down for a while and have a kit kat.

Edited by Brotherwood
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Volvic    31
20 minutes ago, eruffini said:

Clearly you don't understand.

It's not just about doors, but any change for any part of the game can induce or reduce lag/latency/issues in any other part of the game. They could "fix" the doors only to break them again by modifying something else, but I doubt the door problem you are experiencing is specifically the door itself. It's most likely a server/client side delay in the netcode or rendering - which modifying and optimizing that could have implications beyond the door.

PUBG is early access, and close to an alpha than a beta, so these problems are expected. This is what we all agreed upon when buying the game - which is NOT full price by the way. A full price game is $60 or more. $20/$30 is typical for a full price game that's gone on sale, but we're in early access so there's no reason to charge full price.

Sure, the doors are so complex and linked to a million other things that would break the game if you fixed them, lets go with that and bury our heads in the sand while we are at it.

As for price, ive paid for it, regardless of price, I dont expect the entire game to run perfectly but I expect simple game critical tasks like picking up a weapon and opening a door to work.

You should look up early access, alpha and beta more importantly which comes first, that is all I have to say really given you dont know the difference.

ReaL    9
3 minutes ago, Brotherwood said:

They are aware of the problem. They are undoubtedly STILL trying to resolve the problem. Would you rather that every other department developing this game (yes, contrary to popular belief on this forum, there is different job roles in game development) forget their jobs, walk home and just wait for the network team to resolve the issues revolving around lag?

They have not excused themselves. They have stated they're addressing it several times. The game is constantly being optimised to help improve performance. When a patch is released, there are new variables which they must test thoroughly once again. Not only that, they have a strict patch schedule which they're trying to adhere to to keep the progress of the game clear to the community.

You are not neglected in any sense but it's incredible how self-entitled you're coming across in an early-access game. This is the way I see 99% of these whining posts:

• Person gets emotional that they lose a round for a reason that has already been announced to be a problem by thousands of other members of the community with no constructive feedback.
  • Person tries to reason that the "early-access" argument does not count even though the game is still in early-access. Person does not warrant any attention to the disclaimer of an early-access game.
  • Person complains about patches addressing other issues because their issue is the most important. In person's mind, all other development should stop because their issue is most important and nothing else matters.
  • Repeat formula.

Tell you what I'm sick of? These posts. Put the game down for a while and have a kit kat.

You're technicaly correct form one side,but from other side you're wrong.

You see,if game was free there would be no issue of people having problem during early access with game not running correctly or etc,since game was free and you didn't give them budget to hire expirienced dev team or atleast couple of devs.

But in this case you're consumer who spent money on they product and you as consumer expect product that will be worth of your money spend,which means you will be able atleast to play it without having issues of running,since in this case you bought it and they offered you product that works but with some issues.Notice how i say some issues while instead they gave us product with only issues so far.So as consumers we game them budget of millions of dollars to hire those expirienced devs to fix they game quicker and or better.

You don't go in to restaurant and pay 30$ for meal but instead you get only plate and they say well it's early test of our new cuisine that we trying to create.You pay money for product that you can consume,therefor eat,play or w\e that product is and no matter if title say it's early access you're not paying for bone you paying money for product that they promoted to be ready to be consumed by public.

About patch issues. - It's not about addressing some certain patch issues,it's about addressing overall issues of game.That actually break game experience.Like textures not loading,network lag detected and etc.I understand that yes maybe for some Improved the wrist positions on the steering wheel is important but it doesn't break game experience and in any point it's not decreasing your game performance or game play suffers from it,while in other cases textures,network,fps at some point maybe is breaking game play and player experience.After all of it sad there is another factor that game has minimum req for low budget PC or people who can't afford beast PC's,which means game should run normal on those machines,and when you market your game to public people see oh this game should run good on my PC since it meats min req.But when they get product for money that they payed they encounter more issues then anyone else and that's where how you stated "crying" begins.So if you will think with your head for second devs then should not release minimum req if they not aware if they game will run on those machines.At least for the reason of people like you to stop crying about someone having serious issues with game that need to be addressed multiple time for someone to be noticed and fixes.

• Like 1

Volvic    31
15 minutes ago, Brotherwood said:

• Repeat formula.

No I am playing to help give feedback and bug reports, (like hey fix lag before adding rolling cans) help improve the game by playing it and telling the developers whats broken, what needs fixing before other things in terms of playing what takes the enjoyment out of the game.

The reason it was bought in early access, you know to help those developers out by paying to decrease the amount of times it takes to find bugs and improve their game for them quicker.

I could honestly address every point you made but I really cant be bothered, ill just leave it here with this.

I paid for the game regardless of price, early access is not an excuse and you dont ever have to read the posts you are sick of reading, yes self entitled I want them to just patch it for me, only me, I want them to patch it right now so I dont lag but everyone else does...

Talk about someone needing a kit kat, must be exhausting coming to the forums just to cry at others posts.

Roble    40
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Volvic said:

How about fixing the doors, lag when next to enemy players and loot actually spawning correctly?

Before it gets said - 

• Optimized game performance for 6-core or higher CPU
  • Optimized UI

No difference at all, still cant go round a corner with an enemy there without getting huge desync and lag.

Please for the love of God start making progress with important things.

Once again I would like to explain they have different departments, just like all companies. 

So they have the coders/programmers etc working on performance and optimsation, which is not a quick process and may still be a while before that optimisation patch is out. 

In the meantime they have designers etc working on cosmetic stuff and that side of things. They cannot help each other out as a designer may know nothing about the netcode for example. 

So just enjoy the little bug fixes and new weapons until the big performance update drops. 

They have always said that patch would take longer to arrive, may be best to do some research on a game before you buy it. 

Plus EA is the best excuse their is! It even says the roadmap may change, you may have issues with server downtime/performance and many other things along those lines during EA. Not sure what your complaint is, it literally says that on the steam page just where you clicked purchase. If you do not think early access is an excuse you need to re read the steam store page where it says early access game, it explains what to expect. 

If you do not want those issues, wait until full release. Very simple. I see these threads almost daily, if you are not happy with issues in a game, wait until it is fully released. If it still has loads of problems at release then you can complain. 

Edited by Roble

Brotherwood    50
24 minutes ago, ReaL said:

You're technicaly correct form one side,but from other side you're wrong.

You see,if game was free there would be no issue of people having problem during early access with game not running correctly or etc,since game was free and you didn't give them budget to hire expirienced dev team or atleast couple of devs.

But in this case you're consumer who spent money on they product and you as consumer expect product that will be worth of your money spend,which means you will be able atleast to play it without having issues of running,since in this case you bought it and they offered you product that works but with some issues.Notice how i say some issues while instead they gave us product with only issues so far.So as consumers we game them budget of millions of dollars to hire those expirienced devs to fix they game quicker and or better.

You don't go in to restaurant and pay 30$ for meal but instead you get only plate and they say well it's early test of our new cuisine that we trying to create.You pay money for product that you can consume,therefor eat,play or w\e that product is and no matter if title say it's early access you're not paying for bone you paying money for product that they promoted to be ready to be consumed by public.

About patch issues. - It's not about addressing some certain patch issues,it's about addressing overall issues of game.That actually break game experience.Like textures not loading,network lag detected and etc.I understand that yes maybe for some Improved the wrist positions on the steering wheel is important but it doesn't break game experience and in any point it's not decreasing your game performance or game play suffers from it,while in other cases textures,network,fps at some point maybe is breaking game play and player experience.After all of it sad there is another factor that game has minimum req for low budget PC or people who can't afford beast PC's,which means game should run normal on those machines,and when you market your game to public people see oh this game should run good on my PC since it meats min req.But when they get product for money that they payed they encounter more issues then anyone else and that's where how you stated "crying" begins.So if you will think with your head for second devs then should not release minimum req if they not aware if they game will run on those machines.At least for the reason of people like you to stop crying about someone having serious issues with game that need to be addressed multiple time for someone to be noticed and fixes.

I don't understand what your argument is here? Yes, you're paying full price for early-access as a beta tester. This also includes the full game. You've stated here that, as a consumer, you have rights to play a game that is in working order? I would argue that it is. I have played at least 50 matches so far without any problems at all. No rubberbanding, no lag, no rendering issues. By comparison (and speaking from personal experience), I've played a total of 10 maybe 15 games that have been disrupted by network instability or game-breaking problems.

Additionally, they have been hiring more staff to buffer other areas of the game which inevitably will allow the development team more time to do their jobs. 

I'm being given the impression you think that they're doing nothing to address the issue when that's a blind assumption. You have no evidence to suggest that they're not putting more resources, time and effort into resolving the problem other than the fact that it hasn't been fixed yet. On the other hand, there have been twitter posts, announcements, patches, forum posts and a whole myriad of other media highlighting that they are aware  of the problem and they're trying their best to address it whilst still developing an infant game.

Do not feel entitled for a finished product when you paid for early access. You will still be getting a finished product at the end of this. If you bought the early access game with expectations of when it will be finished, that's your own mistake. No deadlines were given for release and therefore you can expect to wait for longer.

The difference between me advocating on the company's behalf and these belligerent posts is that I'm defending a company out of a respect for a game that I love, when staff and moderators are clearly dedicating so much of their time to developing, whilst these immature posts pop-up and try to slate their continued effort to keep you happy.

I'm sure more will continue to arise and I'll happily be at the forefront shutting them down. Lastly, let me emphasise this so that it's more than clear, there is no constructive feedback whatsoever  in the original post. Stop thinking this is beneficial for anyone.

Volvic    31
1 minute ago, Roble said:

Once again I would like to explain they have different departments, just like all companies. 

I honestly didnt read past this, waste of time, heard it all before.

All departments are needed for the smaller changes too, do you honestly believe that adding in painkillers and energy drinks rolling after use dont need all departments then I am wasting my time even replying.

Do you work for Bluehole? do you know what departments they have? do you know who works for what department? do you know the inner workings of netcode and its use in PUBG?

Dont worry I already know the answer is no, so just stop, stop trying to justify something when you have no idea what you are talking about.

An entire weeks patch added more visual things that matter 0 to 99% (You being the other 1% that clearly thinks steering wheel hand placement matters more than fixing lag) when people cant even open a door, there is no excuse, no amount of early access things change rubbish that you can post that makes a difference.

Anyway, you carry on posting and crying about those who cry, productive way to spend your time.

Volvic    31
1 minute ago, Brotherwood said:

Yes, you're paying full price for early-access as a beta tester.

No, beta testers where paid for long ago.

Kit kat?

Roble    40
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Volvic said:

I honestly didnt read past this, waste of time, heard it all before.

All departments are needed for the smaller changes too, do you honestly believe that adding in painkillers and energy drinks rolling after use dont need all departments then I am wasting my time even replying.

Do you work for Bluehole? do you know what departments they have? do you know who works for what department? do you know the inner workings of netcode and its use in PUBG?

Dont worry I already know the answer is no, so just stop, stop trying to justify something when you have no idea what you are talking about.

An entire weeks patch added more visual things that matter 0 to 99% (You being the other 1% that clearly thinks steering wheel hand placement matters more than fixing lag) when people cant even open a door, there is no excuse, no amount of early access things change rubbish that you can post that makes a difference.

Anyway, you carry on posting and crying about those who cry, productive way to spend your time.

haha you self entitled person. All me me me. You really should read it, you may learn something about how the world works. 

Try and look at this from someone elses perspective and do not complain because you cannot read before you purchase a product. 

Edited by Roble

Brotherwood    50
33 minutes ago, Volvic said:

No I am playing to help give feedback and bug reports, (like hey fix lag before adding rolling cans) help improve the game by playing it and telling the developers whats broken, what needs fixing before other things in terms of playing what takes the enjoyment out of the game.

The reason it was bought in early access, you know to help those developers out by paying to decrease the amount of times it takes to find bugs and improve their game for them quicker.

I could honestly address every point you made but I really cant be bothered, ill just leave it here with this.

I paid for the game regardless of price, early access is not an excuse and you dont ever have to read the posts you are sick of reading, yes self entitled I want them to just patch it for me, only me, I want them to patch it right now so I dont lag but everyone else does...

Talk about someone needing a kit kat, must be exhausting coming to the forums just to cry at others posts.

There is no constructive feedback in your post here. I don't know if you've noticed but all you've done is complained. Telling them: "There's lag" is not indicating what's broken - you're just repeating the words of hundreds if not thousands of other people when the development team is already well aware. It's naive to think that they're not.

You have not helped the developers in your post in any way. This is not a constructive, helpful or beneficial post and it will not help them improve their game quicker.

Go ahead.

You paid for an early-access game. You can wait for it to be fixed in full release where you will get your money's worth, play with it in development (which it is) or stop playing altogether. Oh yes I do have to read them when they're cluttering the main forum page every single day when I'd like to read about constructive posts.

Trust me, it is exhausting.

• Like 1

Volvic    31
Just now, Brotherwood said:

There is no constructive feedback in your post here. I don't know if you've noticed but all you've done is complained. Telling them: "There's lag" is not indicating what's broken - you're just repeating the words of hundreds if not thousands of other people when the development team is already well aware. It's naive to think that they're not.

You have not helped the developers in your post in any way. This is not a constructive, helpful or beneficial post and it will not help them improve their game quicker.

Go ahead.

You paid for an early-access game. You can wait for it to be fixed in full release where you will get your money's worth, play with it in development (which it is) or stop playing altogether. Oh yes I do have to read them when they're cluttering the main forum page every single day when I'd like to read about constructive posts.

Title of thread, helped developers, says enough of the pointless rubbish you are adding, get to fixing the bigger issues then add the details, not the other way round.

You are another person who fails to understand just what early access is, you should maybe go look it up like the other guy in this thread that doesnt understand what it is either

Roble    40
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Brotherwood said:

Go ahead.

I just do not get this OP, literally so narrow minded I cannot describe. He actually thinks we do not know what EA is. He is obviously pretty young and has no idea how a company works. 

Edited by Roble
  • Like 1

Volvic    31
1 minute ago, Roble said:

I just do not get this OP, literally so narrow minded I cannot describe. He actually thinks we do not know what EA is. He is obviously pretty young and has no idea how a company works. 

Yes because you understand just how Bluehole works, work there do you?

A minute ago you didnt even know which order Early access, Alpha and Beta went, now you are trying to call me a child.

ReaL    9
2 minutes ago, Brotherwood said:

Go ahead.

you're the one who cluttering it the most since from 1 post you make 20 posts so then you get more responses and more people will join thread just to make it 10 pages long.Your post not more constructive then his or anyone else in this thread.You decided to make banter in this thread to get additional attention.Understandable.But if you want  threads like this to not clutter main page of forum then don't respond to them and don't bring unnecessary banter in them.Devs have mods who read constructive feedback from them and then send it back to them in way it's needed and way they will understand it.Forum is made to make post no matter of what content.There are mods that will shut it down if it's needed.If you think you shutting banter down well you're wrong you just adding fuel to fire and increasing unnecessary post and pages to this thread.

Same as i don't know if YOU noticed but all you've done is complaining about him complaining.With same way as you haven't helped devs in this thread in any way or another,you just added mods on forum additional work to read thro thread and figure out if it should be here.

Brotherwood    50
3 minutes ago, Volvic said:

Title of thread, helped developers, says enough of the pointless rubbish you are adding, get to fixing the bigger issues then add the details, not the other way round.

You are another person who fails to understand just what early access is, you should maybe go look it up like the other guy in this thread that doesnt understand what it is either

I would very much enjoy a developer to commenting on you thinking that the title of this post is helpful. I don't think I'm the one who doesn't understand what an early-access game is...:D