Volvic

Another update and yet again performance still awful

AngryBeaver    30
On 8/12/2017 at 4:14 PM, Volvic said:

You dont get it either do you, nobody is saying it should work flawlessly but at this stage, so close to release after the game has been in Alpha, had a closed Beta and is now in Early Access, we should not be suffering from the most basic of performance issues like lag, desync  or being able to open doors correctly. I mean come on, you can not defend the fact that loot doesnt even spawn for people when entering houses, they have to wait in the house for it to spawn, that is just ridiculous.

Items not spawning, twitch highlight

That was a few weeks ago, was reported in the bug section, this along with door issues, lag next to players and a whole host of other highlighted clips of the issues, all of them today, after 4 weekly updates and the "big" monthly updates are still happening, no improvement at all.  (Just looked its actually 2 months ago and it still happening now)

So honestly if you have time to add in animations of popping pills and have them roll on the bloody ground, you have your priorities wrong.

I think you might be the one that doesn't quite get it.

Being in Early Access does not mean that the Alpha and Beta passes have been completed. It also doesn't mean the game is that close to release. Look at Ark for example.. Alpha and Beta passes all happened inside Early Access and the game still isn't done with the Beta passes and is due to release in like 2 weeks!

That being said I would be interested in seeing information showing that those passes already happened. The reason I say this is because generally before a game hits full retail release it would work like this. Alpha - Add all content and features to the game (This is what they are working on for the most part) : Beta - Optimize/clean up code, bug hunting, network optimization, and overall polish.

So while they have been doing a little bit of both currently, they really cannot do a full beta type optimization pass until they have all the modes, maps, weapons, vehicles, and features they are wanting added. Let me correct this by saying they COULD do it, but in the end they will have to do optimizations several times if they do.

I guess the difference is in how you view the game vs how I view it. I am willing to accept and wait out these pre-release problems. I have other games I can play if this one is having a really buggy patch day.. on top of that I have a pair of 1 month old twins that take up most of my time when Im not at work. So I only get in maybe 2 hrs a night if I am lucky lately, but also luckily I can get in another 2-4 hrs from work If I actually felt like it.

I guess my point is if a game is having issues instead of coming and throwing a temper-tantrum about it I just choose to do something else. I choose to not let a game having issues ruin my hr/day/week etc. Now if it is a long term problem or something I think is outside of what is normal I would submit a bug report or post in the forums about it so at least I know the issue is out in the open, but I am not going to let it get me all upset. Games are here as a release and way to have fun... if you aren't having fun and find yourself frustrated then chances are you would be best serves playing something else for the time being.

Volvic    30
57 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

I think you might be the one that doesn't quite get it.

Being in Early Access does not mean that the Alpha and Beta passes have been completed. It also doesn't mean the game is that close to release. Look at Ark for example.. Alpha and Beta passes all happened inside Early Access and the game still isn't done with the Beta passes and is due to release in like 2 weeks!

That being said I would be interested in seeing information showing that those passes already happened. The reason I say this is because generally before a game hits full retail release it would work like this. Alpha - Add all content and features to the game (This is what they are working on for the most part) : Beta - Optimize/clean up code, bug hunting, network optimization, and overall polish.

So while they have been doing a little bit of both currently, they really cannot do a full beta type optimization pass until they have all the modes, maps, weapons, vehicles, and features they are wanting added. Let me correct this by saying they COULD do it, but in the end they will have to do optimizations several times if they do.

I guess the difference is in how you view the game vs how I view it. I am willing to accept and wait out these pre-release problems. I have other games I can play if this one is having a really buggy patch day.. on top of that I have a pair of 1 month old twins that take up most of my time when Im not at work. So I only get in maybe 2 hrs a night if I am lucky lately, but also luckily I can get in another 2-4 hrs from work If I actually felt like it.

I guess my point is if a game is having issues instead of coming and throwing a temper-tantrum about it I just choose to do something else. I choose to not let a game having issues ruin my hr/day/week etc. Now if it is a long term problem or something I think is outside of what is normal I would submit a bug report or post in the forums about it so at least I know the issue is out in the open, but I am not going to let it get me all upset. Games are here as a release and way to have fun... if you aren't having fun and find yourself frustrated then chances are you would be best serves playing something else for the time being.

So what you are saying is, you dont bother to read threads completely you just pick and choose what to reply to without having a clue.

If you had read other posts you would of seen Interview with Player Unknown

I spoke with Brendan Greene over Skype last night about Battlegrounds' imminent appearance on Steam Early Access. Greene told me he distributed approximately 20,000 keys for the closed beta, and saw periods of 10,000 concurrent players during the beta weekends. I asked how prepared he was for potentially higher numbers of players when the game launched.

As for how long Greene anticipates Battlegrounds will remain in Early Access, he says he's "pretty confident" the Early Access period will last for around six months. In terms of how player feedback will come into play in Early Access, Greene says the team has already been listening to players during the alpha and beta periods.

Its not a temper-tantrum its called voicing your opinion and giving feedback, something else you seem to not understand with Alpha, Beta and Early Access, it gives people chance to voice what they like, dont like, are in different on and gives the team developing it a direct line with detailed specs, screen grabs, videos of issues to fix things, move forward on other things, not do some things and brings new ideas completely to the mix.

You could do all that or you could sit here and bash on other people trying to voice their opinions and put forward their point of view, always a good productive way to help the game.

The best part is your entire argument is, while its in pre-release phases, stop playing at the first thing that pisses you off and go play something else. I could say more but what is the point, you clearly do not understand why people buy pre-release games or why people even sell pre-released games.

AngryBeaver    30
1 hour ago, Volvic said:

So what you are saying is, you dont bother to read threads completely you just pick and choose what to reply to without having a clue.

If you had read other posts you would of seen Interview with Player Unknown

Its not a temper-tantrum its called voicing your opinion and giving feedback, something else you seem to not understand with Alpha, Beta and Early Access, it gives people chance to voice what they like, dont like, are in different on and gives the team developing it a direct line with detailed specs, screen grabs, videos of issues to fix things, move forward on other things, not do some things and brings new ideas completely to the mix.

You could do all that or you could sit here and bash on other people trying to voice their opinions and put forward their point of view, always a good productive way to help the game.

The best part is your entire argument is, while its in pre-release phases, stop playing at the first thing that pisses you off and go play something else. I could say more but what is the point, you clearly do not understand why people buy pre-release games or why people even sell pre-released games.

Have you even bothered to read this thread and the responses in it?

The majority of the posts in this thread are not constructive and add nothing in the way to actually trying to improve the situation. I am not trying to "Bash" anyone. I am trying to offer up my opinion which is that too many people are getting too  emotionally invested in this game.

All of these problems that are coming from patches or even problems/bugs that have been persistent for months.. this is all normal for a game in this stage. Also while I did miss that post on the Alpha and Beta stages... it in no way leads me to believe Beta has ended. A planned 6 month release is hardly around the corner, btw. That is also assuming everything goes to plan and when it comes to software, game design, and project management... you will find that things tend to go longer than anticipated. That is why jobs like PM see one of the highest turnover rates in the industry.

Also I never said to stop playing at the slightest thing that pisses you off. I am saying to be smart about it. My game runs great 99% of the time, but on those days where a patch absolutely trashes the servers and they become a laggy mess... then yes I will step back and play something else and let the Dev team have the time they need to resolve the problem.. 2-3 days later I will be back enjoying the game.

As to the why to buying and selling pre-release games I am very aware of why both happen... I also know there are a ton of people that buy pre-release games to just get it early and then are completely shocked and outraged when they find out they have purchased an unpolished and unfinished product. I can almost guarantee which crowd is making threads like this one and also which ones are filling it full of posts.

Volvic    30
7 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Have you even bothered to read this thread and the responses in it?

The majority of the posts in this thread are not constructive and add nothing in the way to actually trying to improve the situation. I am not trying to "Bash" anyone. I am trying to offer up my opinion which is that too many people are getting too  emotionally invested in this game.

All of these problems that are coming from patches or even problems/bugs that have been persistent for months.. this is all normal for a game in this stage. Also while I did miss that post on the Alpha and Beta stages... it in no way leads me to believe Beta has ended. A planned 6 month release is hardly around the corner, btw. That is also assuming everything goes to plan and when it comes to software, game design, and project management... you will find that things tend to go longer than anticipated. That is why jobs like PM see one of the highest turnover rates in the industry.

Also I never said to stop playing at the slightest thing that pisses you off. I am saying to be smart about it. My game runs great 99% of the time, but on those days where a patch absolutely trashes the servers and they become a laggy mess... then yes I will step back and play something else and let the Dev team have the time they need to resolve the problem.. 2-3 days later I will be back enjoying the game.

As to the why to buying and selling pre-release games I am very aware of why both happen... I also know there are a ton of people that buy pre-release games to just get it early and then are completely shocked and outraged when they find out they have purchased an unpolished and unfinished product. I can almost guarantee which crowd is making threads like this one and also which ones are filling it full of posts.

Didnt bother reading your post sorry.