ULTI    11
On 9/6/2017 at 11:22 AM, DarrellM said:

Hi Guys/Girls

Please help me out, fellow PUBG fanatic from South Africa.

I have attached a picture from Steamspy, please see if my calculation makes sense with regards to player numbers from SA for last two weeks as it looks to me like the devs dont want to disclose player numbers for us to make sense of why we cannot have servers.

Total Active users in SA = 777 144 +- 91 449

Active users past 2 weeks = 32%

Of active users for past 2 weeks those playing PUBG = 15,22%

Thus (777 144 - 91 449) * 32% = 219 422 users on Steam for past 2 weeks in South Africa

219 422 * 15,22% = 33 396 playing PUBG in the last two weeks

Now if this is accurate we can most definitely warrant having a server.

Cheers

Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 11.14.06 AM.png

@PUBG_Hawkinz

Ok well atleast we now know you are still alive and kicking... Well regarding this whole post. In YOUR opinion. Do you think 33 396 would be enough?

PUBG_Hawkinz    1,078
Just now, ULTI said:

Ok well atleast we now know you are still alive and kicking... Well regarding this whole post. In YOUR opinion. Do you think 33 396 would be enough?

Hi ULTI,

We have a team which analyzes this sort of data, I'm not aware of the exact figures. There is definitely a number they're looking for, in terms of concurrent players (not owners) which will offer a good experience for users, through acceptable queue times and full matches, all day/night.

SoutieZA    10

When you game in South Africa as i do, you come to expect the game lag and delays from playing EU servers. 200 or 200+ is what i am used to and have been since early days of World of Warcraft. Still to date when i play the lag is still there so yes i do agree the SA servers would be fantastic but ya, LAG it is we live with till we get servers i guess xD

Hey there PUBG community!!

I would like to suggest, and STRONGLY suggest that you please look into investing servers for SOUTH AFRICA.

South Africa has a huge fan base toward PUBG and it's very difficult because we struggle with bad connection due to our "amazing" internet infrastructure...

There are a lot of South Africans that play PUBG and it would really help our community grow even more if we can get some servers :)

Hope you guys can consider this and I hope many South Africans read this post and agree with me!

Cheers!

Matthew 'real-sukiyaki'

• Like 1

There is going to be a 1000 Rand South African pubg tournament hosted by Orena on Twitch this Sunday at noon. To get servers we need to show the devs that there is a lot of interest in the game in South Africa. This is our chance to do that.

smrFii    1
Hi. I was just wondering if PUBG would be getting any South African (ZA) server support as we have to play on international server with very high ping. If you don't already know, South Africa is not able to ping EU or US server at a low rate due to the fact that our ISP are not willing to upgrade and maintain a higher grade SEACOM line cable as they see it as unnecessary. Be that as it is, PUBG is vastly played around South Africa with way more than 2000 players on at a time, and with the high delay between EU and South Africa it makes it difficult to always play the game to the best of our capabilities.

I'm sure you folk would be able to sympathize with this experience and I ask that it is taken to heart as reaching out to us with a dedicated ZA server would change the views of so many PUBG players here and make the players indulge more in game time, as well as lighten up their experience playing lag free. 

Thank you very much for taking time to read this ticket, and happy PUBG-ing.
  • Like 1

NewNameGuy    0

Yes we need a South Africa server please! sometimes its like playing on a slide show, i even lagged through buildings before. or you open the door but cant go inside. and don't even start with the looting trying to pick up something. anyway a server would be nice i really like this game its awesome and we make new friends each day. I don't want to buy the new COD i saw DOC play it and yeah, but they at least give us servers.

any luck with South African servers???

big player base here aswell alot of people dont want to buy the game due to the ping being so bad!!!

PLEASE HELP US OUT!

Hey guys

I received a reply from an admin stating "There is going to be a 1000 Rand South African pubg tournament hosted by Orena on Twitch this Sunday at noon. To get servers we need to show the devs that there is a lot of interest in the game in South Africa. This is our chance to do that."

These tickets were sold out almost instantly so lets keep posting here asking for servers and I'm sure they will supply us with ZA servers