Circle87

What is the best strategy to use when wearing the Ghillie suit

Circle87    7

I've only come across this outfit once from an airdrop.

Ended up spending 25 minutes in a bush. 6 kills later and no ammo I came 3rd.

Just wanted to know what the best stat to imply when/if you find one of these suits?

578080_screenshots_20170729160231_1.jpg

maggot    7

I guess stay on prone in the grass on high ground where no one can spot you from distance. That would be the best.

Jaywalker    2

Remove your secondary weapon, it's model is visible on your back an may give you away in scenarios you'd otherwise remain concealed.

Stick to the shadows, high grass and bushes.

Play as if you didn't have the suit until the last two circles.

Drop the suit in a nearby location unlikely to be checked by an enemy if you plan to reveal yourself in a risky manner(like entering a building), to deny the advantage to your enemy should you perish.

Edited by Jaywalker
  • Thanks 1

On 8/11/2017 at 6:39 AM, Jaywalker said:

Remove your secondary weapon, it's model is visible on your back an may give you away in scenarios you'd otherwise remain concealed.

Stick to the shadows, high grass and bushes.

Play as if you didn't have the suit until the last two circles.

Drop the suit in a nearby location unlikely to be checked by an enemy if you plan to reveal yourself in a risky manner(like entering a building), to deny the advantage to your enemy should you perish.

That's what i do, i drop everything but 5 bullets and my ump in the grass outside buildings im pushing, that way if i die they dont get my meds or secondary gun or utility belt..

arbo    11

What good is hiding in grass when it doesn't render at a distance.  closer than you would think. 

Rompertje    70
9 minutes ago, arbo said:

What good is hiding in grass when it doesn't render at a distance.  closer than you would think. 

Some bushes render always. The way they look over 500meters thats another story.

R4ptorJesus    0

Removing secondary is a very good tip. Only times I've spotted ghillies at at distance is because of a weapons sticking out or even worse, a weapon being switched. 

Also, remember that crawling is very noisy within the audible range (5m iirc). So if players are near you, keep still and use freelook.

arbo    11
10 hours ago, Rompertje said:

Some bushes render always. The way they look over 500meters thats another story.

Bushes yes, but the grass is pretty much useless until the very last circle or so, because before that it doesn't render at the other side of the circle.   it might as well not exist at all.  

r0eladn    33

it looks cool, but thats about it.

people finding skills involve movement of opponents, and things that are out of place.

imo its more of a gimmic than it does actual good.

Kainan    58

One round I killed a bastard dawning this outfit....

Capped him from a distance, feeling gleeful as  fat girl at TGI Fridays I slipped IN to this silky outfit of naughty death.

after 5 minuets of moving around as though I was tactical in the crouch prostration, I decided to go prone after hearing some activity in the distance.

buggy rolls up.... I go tactical....

Buggy unaware I'm ready to kill, by chance runs me over...going full speed....

I go home, realizing the outfit didn't make me look fat....I made the outfit look fat...

• Haha 1

Circle87    7
On 14/08/2017 at 3:59 AM, arbo said:

Very true. Such a shame though!

th4ldy    1

Never drop your sh**. The pan has saved my life various times with a ghillie as I have to run in to a circle. When prone you have the advantage that you are more likely to see that person first as they are standing, if you potato your aim things like a secondary auto weapon and/or a pan can very well save you in a 1v1 or 2v1 at the end. 

I've won 4/5 2v1's with a ghillie suit in duos and I've never dropped my stuff, it's that overpowered you only need to drop the stuff if your positioning is absolutely awful.