-Cometnine

Sound Issues: stuttering, lobbies, loss of, etc.

JasonO    3

I've updated my drivers today.

I also tried uninstalling my headset drivers, using my TV speakers (via HDMI on my Nvidia Card) and same issue.

I'm running 12GB RAM, Intel i7 965 extreme @ 3.3ghz, GTX 1070 and get 4-10fps on average playing on the lowest settings. As soon as I die, the audio issues stop and my FPS goes 50+. The worse the audio issues, the worse my FPS. I can't really play the game while it's like this.

17 hours ago, A‎zemo said:

Played the game a few rounds with people talking and then suddenly I couldn't hear or talk through the game. Tried multiple methods to fix including re-installing the game and still nothing. i cant be the only one 

Thanks for the report.

Unfortunately, we cannot help you if you do not follow the bug reporting format for threads which includes posting your system information.

Please reply to this thread with the format in the thread below and I'll update your first post.
Hopefully we can find a fix for you as soon as possible! :-)

---
Bug Description:
No sound at all in game, error via battle eye.

Date Seen:
04/04/2017

Troubleshooting Attempted:
Tried re-installing the game via steam & verifying the integrity. 

Other Information:

I believe it has something to do with " 

23:51:46: Starting BattlEye Service...
23:51:48: Launching game...
23:51:56: Note: File blocks can be ignored if they don't cause problems with the game.
23:51:56: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\System32\propsys.dll"."

As seen in the photos attached, no clue what to do though. 

Using -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -malloc="system"

System Specifications:
Operating System: Windows 10
Graphics Card: GTX 960 4GB
CPU: I53470
Ram: 12GB
The easiest way to get this information is to hold the windows button and R to open the run dialog, then type in "dxdiag"
and take a screenshot of the "System" and "Display 1" tabs.

Gn9bogg.png

cXEvSqP.png

apZkIhY.png

VdUjNvM.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Turtlery said:

I tried to unmute and mute, change hotkeys, go to the files change them to false or set chat to all. I still can't hear people talking, sometimes I cAn see my teammates are talking by the voice symbol, but when I talk, no one responses, and I don't see the symbol. I have no problem with other games so I think this is a bug. Please fix this, thank you!

Thanks for the report.

Unfortunately, we cannot help you if you do not follow the bug reporting format for threads which includes posting your system information.

Please reply to this thread with the format in the thread below and I'll update your first post.
Hopefully we can find a fix for you as soon as possible! :-)

16 hours ago, Resilient said:

Bug Description:
Until recently a bullet made a crack as it passed by due to the supersonic boom. This made it easy to tell when you were getting shot at. Now that sound no longer plays and it is extremely difficult to know you are getting shot at if the shooter is a long ways away because the muzzle blast is so quiet.

Date Seen:
4/3/2017 and possible a few days prior

Restarting the game, checking volume levels.

Other Information:
N/A

Launch Options:

-USEALLAVAILABLECORES -malloc=system

System Specifications:
Graphics Card: Radion RX 480
CPU: i5 3470 3.2ghz
Ram: 24GB

Hey Resilient, what kind of headset are you using and what do you have it set it. IE: Stereo, 5.1, 7.1?

Resilient    7
Posted (edited)

Headphones: Philips SHP9500S Over-Ear Headphone (basic music oriented, open back headset, no fancy multi-speaker surround sound anything)

Audio device: Schiit Audio Modi USB DAC

Audio type: Stereo

Edited by Resilient

thegod098    0
Posted (edited)

Bug Description:
When you are being shot at, there is no audio for the bullet cracks, so you don't know where the bullets are coming from. Sometimes you dont even know you're being shot at because of this. This bug has gotten me killed a couple of times.

Date Seen:
Ever since the Thursday update. (3/30/17)

I've tried validating files, restarting the game multiple times, and taking all of the settings I may have changed and switching them to back to default. 

Other Information:
The audio for when the bullet hits the ground is still being played.

Launch Options:
-USEALLAVAILABLECORES -malloc=system -sm4

System Specifications:
Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 770ti
CPU: AMD FX-8350
Ram: 8GB DDR3

Capture 2.PNG

Capture.PNG

Edited by thegod098

CTTW    1
Posted (edited)

When spectating team mates in duos or squad the audio in the left and right ear swap. Sound you should hear coming from the left is actually playing in the right ear

Edited by CTTW

NatxoBAS    1

Duplicating my reply, but this time with the bug report format:

Bug Description:
It happens when there are multiple sounds at the same time, suddenly the sound in general start to collapse, and then FPS drops down extremely. 

Date Seen:
Since the first day I started the game, 30-31 March 

Reinstalled the game, installed all the latest drivers of the sound card, Graphics card… etc. Tried all the sounds options in the game, all the resolutions, windowed and full screened, all the Graphics options too.

In Windows, tried diferent quality options of the integrated sound card.

Nothing works. 

Other Information:
None 

Launch Options:
No one.

System Specifications:

ASUS F554LJ-XX770T Notebook 

Intel® Core™ i3-4005U Dual-Core (3M Cache, 1.7GHz)Windows 10 64 - pro
NVIDIA® GeForce® 920M 2GB

250GB SDD Samsung 850 EVO, 540MB/s, SATA III 

Soundcard - Realtek ALC233 @ Intel Broadwell PCH-LP - High Definition Audio Controller

la2189    0

I've noticed this as well. The group and I just figured it was so that spectators wouldn't be able to help the remaining players, but then it'd make sense to mono the sound instead

Resilient    7

I have a thread for this here:

The mod wanted to know what headset and audio settings I was using, it might make sense to consolidate the info there.

mr.zodiac    1

Hi, as the title says. I am having issues with directional sound while inside a vehicle. On foot I have no trouble determining direction sounds. Inside a vehicle on the other hand has issues for me. I hear the vehicle engine while driving on both ears. but when shot at, I only hear it on the left side, never on the right even the shots came from my right. Anyone having the same issue? thanks!

ben_t    0
Posted (edited)

As you see in the short video, I did not hear him come in the house at all. Did not hear the door open nor any footsteps. I was in that house for the past two minutes that I did not include, and yes I did a full sweep of the house. I knew he was outside but after not seeing him again I figured he left. So how did he come in? The only door he could have come in did not make any noise and as you can see in the video you don't hear any footsteps either. I know he was crouching but I was to understand crouching makes a small amount of noise.

I'm not claiming he was hacking, I know he definitely used the door. This is an honest question, is sound suppose to work like this? I thought I would hear the door open at the very least. 

Edited by ben_t

5 minutes ago, ben_t said:

As you see in the short video, I did not hear him come in the house at all. Did not hear the door open nor any footsteps. I was in that house for the past two minutes that I did not include, and yes I did a full sweep of the house. I knew he was outside but after not seeing him again I figured he left. So how did he come in? The only door he could have come in did not make any noise and as you can see in the video you don't hear any footsteps either. I know he was crouching but I was to understand crouching makes a small amount of noise.

I'm not claiming he was hacking, I know he definitely used the door. This is an honest question, is sound suppose to work like this? I thought I would hear the door open at the very least. 

Maybe he came trough a window, at the end you can hear his shots after he shot you like 1-2 seconds delay.

Verzone    14

I can bet that I hear a loud sound of footsteps starting aprox. ~0:45 - 0:46, but after you died and that delayed sound coming afterwards, I cant tell whats going on here really. :)

ben_t    0
38 minutes ago, Verzone said:

I can bet that I hear a loud sound of footsteps starting aprox. ~0:45 - 0:46, but after you died and that delayed sound coming afterwards, I cant tell whats going on here really. :)

Sorry I should have mentioned ignore all the delayed sounds, pretend it was normal. For some reason when I record gameplay and save it with VLC it delays sound.

ben_t    0
40 minutes ago, KukiKappa123 said:

Maybe he came trough a window, at the end you can hear his shots after he shot you like 1-2 seconds delay.

Is that even possible? The windows all look very thin, not like you could jump through. I'll have to test it. Even with this theory, should I not have heard the sound from jumping?

1 minute ago, ben_t said:

Is that even possible? The windows all look very thin, not like you could jump through. I'll have to test it. Even with this theory, should I not have heard the sound from jumping?

There are some were you can jump trough but i don't know for this building. Jumping isn't that loud or is it? :)

comander5    0

If, for example, I'm being fired at, it is often difficult to tell where I'm being shot from, since the sound seems to be coming from somewhere else. I've just played a game where the gunshot sound seemed like it was clearly coming from in front of me, but the guy was behind me. 

Blah    0

When I bought the game the day it came out on EA the overall sounds were pretty loud but not to loud, nothing turning down my headset couldn't fix if it was too loud. It seems past 2 days my sound volume is very low. I'm using my headset ( Logitech g430 ) on max volume and I find myself wanting to turn it up. Other games are fine and it seemed fine about a week ago in this game. Is it just me? I know their are sound issues getting resolved but my issue is that everything overall seems quieter. Is that one of the issues currently? If we could increase the in game volume just a little more that would fix my problem.

Revol    0

I've found a solution, you just have to move your "GameUserSettings.ini" into your desktop then, return the file into his initial folder.

But, you have to do that everytime you want to play...

If this solution can help you. Sorry for my English.

Resilient    7
Posted (edited)

The loud bullet 'snap' is still not audible for me after the patch. However, I can now distinctly hear a 'wizz' of the bullet passing by so at least I am now aware I am being shot at. At this point it is no longer a game-play issue and may even be working as intended. Though the loud snap that was present before is definitely not yet back.

If there were a video that demonstrating what it should sound like when bullets pass by from a shooter at a long range (like 200m+) I could verify if my sound is correct.

Edited by Resilient