ManFromChicago

I only need a shotgun, really

Posted (edited)

I have 85 hours in and I realize I rarely have killed anyone long range. 

And all I really need is a good shotgun, a good vest and a bunch of bandages. Helmets, I am not so sure of how much good they actually do. 30 or 40%, but two headshots still kill ya.Even a level 3 at 55% won;t save you when they have a gun right on you and you aren't moving.

Edited by ManFromChicago
  • Like 1

r0eladn    60

for me i wasnt used to long range shooting (counterstrike player). even in CS i hardly ever used an AWM.

but forcing myself to try out the kar98, first with a 4x and now im loving the 8x, even on a scar.

(the better players you run into, the more ull see they always try to have that sniper + 8x, youll be in a disadvantage always if you havnt got that long range, id say just try it out, youll see that its absolutely great.)

Struth    4

How do you handle any encounters outside of close quarters? Do you just line of sight or run to cover and wait em out?

I just play to win, not rack up kills. I only really need to kill the last guy and that's usually within shotgun blast range.

Plus, I don't have great aim in a pinch, so the shotgun blast radius helps.

• Like 1

Volvic    58
32 minutes ago, ManFromChicago said:

I just play to win, not rack up kills. I only really need to kill the last guy and that's usually within shotgun blast range.

Plus, I don't have great aim in a pinch, so the shotgun blast radius helps.

More people need to think just like you in this regard, you see a common theme in the forums when it comes to how people play, your worth is judged by your K/D to a lot of people here.

1 kill is all you need for that chicken dinner.

• Like 2

cejita    31
48 minutes ago, Volvic said:

More people need to think just like you in this regard, you see a common theme in the forums when it comes to how people play, your worth is judged by your K/D to a lot of people here.

1 kill is all you need for that chicken dinner.

More people need to think like that ?? Please no it will make this game so boring if everyone is hiding whit a shoty not even trying to pick a long distance fight at least grab 1 assault so you can shot someone outside of your house 

Posted (edited)

As for me, most of the time when I use a long distance weapon, I just give away my position, and I get shot soon after. Plus, I often miss my target.

Once the game goes live and they put in a practice range with moving targets at various distances, and I can spend an hour with each gun learning how to use it, then I will start shooting longer range, after I am confident I can hit 90% of he time.

Edited by ManFromChicago

cejita    31
6 hours ago, ManFromChicago said:

As for me, most of the time when I use a long distance weapon, I just give away my position, and I get shot soon after. Plus, I often miss my target.

Once the game goes live and they put in a practice range with moving targets at various distances, and I can spend an hour with each gun learning how to use it, then I will start shooting longer range, after I am confident I can hit 90% of he time.

Practice make the master my friend dont be afraid of trying thats how we all got the experience you can look on youtube for some videos that will help you to aim far away its not that hard and its a key part in the game

Zork80    206

As a person who get most kills by long range, I hope more people follow your shiny example!xD

Who cares about kills? They are a means to an end. Only kill if they are in danger of killing you.

Wouldn't CoD be more of a game for going for a high K/D ratio?

• Like 1

FLGuy    8
On 8/14/2017 at 6:32 PM, ManFromChicago said:

I have quite a few more hours than that but probably only a couple of long-range kills myself. 

Perfect example: last night I killed a guy and got his scoped AR (don't remember which one) and almost immediately hear someone outside the house we were both in. 

He's just crouched down on the other side of the road not even 100m away watching someone himself. So I sight him up for the headshot and proceed to miss entirely. And he barely moves! Holy crap, I get a second chance... second shot, nothing. He turns around and we start shooting at each other and then I'm dead. Noticed on the final screen I never hit him. The only damage I dealt was my first kill in the house.

Might just have to go shotgun only myself...

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, FLGuy said:

I have quite a few more hours than that but probably only a couple of long-range kills myself. 

Perfect example: last night I killed a guy and got his scoped AR (don't remember which one) and almost immediately hear someone outside the house we were both in. 

He's just crouched down on the other side of the road not even 100m away watching someone himself. So I sight him up for the headshot and proceed to miss entirely. And he barely moves! Holy crap, I get a second chance... second shot, nothing. He turns around and we start shooting at each other and then I'm dead. Noticed on the final screen I never hit him. The only damage I dealt was my first kill in the house.

Might just have to go shotgun only myself...

I feel your pain. Sounds like me. I have fairly good aim in Overwatch. In PubG, not so much.

Edited by ManFromChicago

Professor74    7

I agree that most long range encounters can be avoided and that if you're looking to win then they most definitely should. Because of this I feel snipers are wildly overrated. 

I disagree that only a shotgun is needed for  end circles. I've won plenty of games where some sort of mid range weapon was needed, though a scope is not. 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2017 at 3:32 PM, ManFromChicago said:

And all I really need is a good shotgun, a good vest and a bunch of bandages. Helmets, I am not so sure of how much good they actually do. 30 or 40%, but two headshots still kill ya.Even a level 3 at 55% won;t save you when they have a gun right on you and you aren't moving.

I can bet you spend most of your time I indoors Zzz

7 hours ago, MugyvrNinjaX said:

I can bet you spend most of your time I indoors Zzz

I am like a covert special operations team deep behind enemy lines.

This game is not CoD or CS:Go. Different game. 

• Like 1

I bet you did that Zzz unmethodical, Ill-equipped camping strat in those games to... what ever gets your jollys off. #Zzz

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, MugyvrNinjaX said:

I bet you did that Zzz unmethodical, Ill-equipped camping strat in those games to... what ever gets your jollys off. #Zzz

Why are you being a jerk to me here?

ClickXT    152
1 minute ago, ManFromChicago said:

Because you enjoy the game differently than he does.

You know we can't have that. </sarcasm>

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, ClickXT said:

Because you enjoy the game differently than he does.

You know we can't have that. </sarcasm>

I think shooters who love CoD and other traditional shooters just want more targets in PubG to get the kills they enjoy most. And they get angry that is is hard to find people to shoot if those people are being stealthy. Sometimes you just can't see anybody out there to shoot and use the great aim you have developed and are proud of. They naturally want to dominate with aim and shooting skill.

The game actually encourages stealth. Kills are only just 20% of rating. By design. PlayerUnknown advises caution and stealth when boldness will get you killed and make you lose rating.

And they really hate campers that actually kill them not with better aim and twitch skill, but with stealth strategies. I can understand the frustration, but that's PubG. It's not CoD. Will not be CoD. And that's probably why it is skyrocketing in popularity: because it is different.

People who just want a new venue to display their shooter skills are angry that PubG is not providing it.

That's what I think.

Edited by ManFromChicago
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, ManFromChicago said:

Lol I'm just smackin your as s dude I don't care if you camp a house as long as you don't care I camp the house your camping heheXD I will do anything (that is necessary that you and the bridge campers don't continue on to a chicken dinner and don't take it personal because you all will get the same treatment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MugyvrNinjaX said:

Lol I'm just smackin your as s dude I don't care if you camp a house as long as you don't care I camp the house your camping heheXD I will do anything (that is necessary that you and the bridge campers don't continue on to a chicken dinner and don't take it personal because you all will get the same treatment.

Heh. Well, hard to tell in print how a person is saying something. :)

Well. There are people out there enjoying shotgun only. They even take the whole thing a bit further :)

So playing only shotgun is a valid possibility. However, you need more luck than usual. Obviously :D

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Psychoghost | Funny Moments | PUBG Shorts | Solo Play & Montage | Team Games | Strat Roulette

• Like 1