ManFromChicago

I only need a shotgun, really

On 23.8.2017 at 7:05 PM, ManFromChicago said:

Why are you being a jerk to me here?

It's called "the interwebs tough guy syndrome". Like, being a loudmouth and stroking your E-wiener when you don't have anything else to be proud of.

• Like 1

The range on the shotgun alone makes the post Title true. 

I love me a S12 with AR attachments.  Has a great 'POW' factor to it when you surprise kill someone too which doesn't get old. 

narcissae    5

My last 2 solo games were shotgun only just for the sake of it, I finished with the following

1. Chicken Dinner - 7 kills (only 1 was with a rifle because the guy saw me and was too mid distance to sneak into him)

2. 3rd with 4 kills - I meme'd myself and completely failed my shot while I could have rekt him D:

Shotgun is so powerful if you can sneak into people, too many people don't check their 6 so you can sneak very easily :D

Marjuss    25
On 8/17/2017 at 7:29 PM, ManFromChicago said:

Who cares about kills? They are a means to an end. Only kill if they are in danger of killing you.

Wouldn't CoD be more of a game for going for a high K/D ratio?

Im exactly the oposite. Im here for the kills, and i shoot at literally anything but right now there isnt any MMR system in place yet so i take it all as practice. How are u gonna learn how to lead,read movement and shoot a guy at 300 meters rolling in a car if you never try? In the start obviously i wasnt hitting squat, but now even at 200-300 meters running i hit atleast 70-80% of my shots (if they are plebs and running in a straight line) :) . Ofc its fun to win but its like ive had so many wins with 2-5 kills and they are utterly boring, action last 5 minutes and thats it. id MUCH rather have 10-15 killrounds with intensive fights and gunplay instead of hiding behind a rock for 20 minutes and getting a much undeserved chicken dinner. I just play for fun, and when we win obviously its fun  but its the teamplay and kills that makes the game for me. 

but yea, i think the shotgun is abit overpowered. With a choke on the doublebarrel u can instantly kill anyone at less than 50 meters, with any DMR/AR/SMG you will get obliterated and i really dont think its fair. 2 shots would be better, cause then outmanouvering and mobility etc would be alot more efficient. Now if you meet someone at the school lets say and they have a shotty without being completely useless at aiming you are dead no questions asked. 

Edited by Marjuss

Akaki    67

I'd like to see when shotgun comes in place during the end zone. Feels like you're putting yourself at the disadvantage. 

Marjuss    25
On 8/15/2017 at 1:02 AM, Mox_Misanthrope said:

I see these people making consistent 400yd shots. Practice makes, I guess. 

Yes practice. Rule of thumb> If a guy is running at say 100 meters away from you you will aim at 1 personsize ahead of him if you use an M16.(imagine 1 dude running exactly infront of the guy ur shooting at) 2 Personsizes at 200 meters etc. 
With 762 its doubled, so 2 personsizes at 100 and 4 at 200. This is for snipers aswell.

Its all about being calm,focused and having the right amount of expirience and musclememory to make those shots. Just practice:)

Edited by Marjuss

narcissae    5
6 hours ago, Akaki said:

I'd like to see when shotgun comes in place during the end zone. Feels like you're putting yourself at the disadvantage. 

It really depends of the situation.

On one of the game I mentioned above, I just killed 3 people in the top 10 by seeing their position in the fields and being in their back.
1st one was in front of me behind a tree hiding from other shots. I just went behind him and used a shotgun.
For the last 2, I saw one in front of me hiding in the fields and moving, first pointed him because he was trying to shoot at the other guy, sneaked on him and killed him.

Last one went moving because of the shot to try to get another position, but as I was proning he didn't check on me.
Saw where he was, decided to crawl through him, launched 2 nades around him to cover my feet, ran when they exploded and went in front of him, 1-shotted him.

It's super easy, it just needs critical thinking and good sneaking.

And, at contrary, it doesn't put you at a disadvantage unless you're on a long distance.
End circle is mostly CQB, and a shotgun will in most of the case if not failed kill someone instantly while SMG/DMR/AR will need more bullets.

Edited by narcissae
Adding a bit more details

On 8/24/2017 at 10:51 AM, Psychoghost Gaming said:

Well. There are people out there enjoying shotgun only. They even take the whole thing a bit further :)

[Video]

So playing only shotgun is a valid possibility. However, you need more luck than usual. Obviously :D

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Psychoghost | Funny Moments | PUBG Shorts | Solo Play & Montage | Team Games | Strat Roulette

at 4:55, how can you not see this? x.x

29 minutes ago, Chuchichuchachu said:

at 4:55, how can you not see this? x.x

What exactly? Looked at 4:55 and I see... well - please tell me :D 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Psychoghost | Funny Moments | PUBG Shorts | Solo Play & Montage | Team Games | Strat Roulette | Collaborations

2 hours ago, Psychoghost Gaming said:

What exactly? Looked at 4:55 and I see... well - please tell me :D 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Psychoghost | Funny Moments | PUBG Shorts | Solo Play & Montage | Team Games | Strat Roulette | Collaborations

Top of the footage, slightly left a guy coming down the rock? at 4:54 starts falling, 4:55 he is midair, goes prone afterwards i think

6 minutes ago, Chuchichuchachu said:

Top of the footage, slightly left a guy coming down the rock? at 4:54 starts falling, 4:55 he is midair, goes prone afterwards i think

If we both mean the same thing - that is a leaf :D Hard to see in the video, took two snaps from the raw footage. Marked it in the second shot, in the first one you see it can't be a player, since it's too high. 

Or am I blind and you mean something else? If so, my apologies. 

59ba6e7081ebe_DesktopLeaf1.PNG.d0d43b837676cc4670f42d872366915a.PNG59ba6e7925ca6_Leaf2.PNG.eb59a4bd5b75a52de2c7db82ba5fa8f2.PNG

Than its a leaf :/ my apologies. Thought it must be a player, since the angle changed but not the shadow.
Hard to see in youtube beacuse the title hides the top, at least in normal mode^^
Edit: the angle just changed not in those seconds^^

Anyway: Nevermind :D 

Edited by Chuchichuchachu
  • Haha 1

So I went ahead and put this little thing together - since I'm a shotgun heavy player I think the gun for early and midgame  in close to low midrange distance more than viable. 

zollebolle    14

I really enjoy some of the shotguns in this game. In most games shotguns tend to be rather useless or super situational. In Pubg you can use them at even medium range.

Roble    79
On 9/10/2017 at 11:28 AM, Raul_Beerguzzler said:

It's called "the interwebs tough guy syndrome". Like, being a loudmouth and stroking your E-wiener when you don't have anything else to be proud of.

I plan on stealing your e-wiener phrase as it is truly great. I hope you do not mind.

Friend in real life "I was trolling some lefties on The Guardian website the other day"

Me replying "oh really, did it make your e-wiener hard?"