Sign in to follow this  
XibaRootS

Result of first Invitational

I can't creat this on ''General Discussion'' so i'll post it here.

I just came here to post how frustrating it was to watch a guy who stood in the gas ALL THREE of the matches and won in first place!! Please make it so the 2° gas becomes 10x more lethal! I hope you guys take this as an "experiment" for future competitive events and improve the "META" so it doensn't seem like the guy who won didn't deserve it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, XibaRootS said:

I can't creat this on ''General Discussion'' so i'll post it here.

I just came here to post how frustrating it was to watch a guy who stood in the gas ALL THREE of the matches and won in first place!! Please make it so the 2° gas becomes 10x more lethal! I hope you guys take this as an "experiment" for future competitive events and improve the "META" so it doensn't seem like the guy who won didn't deserve it.

This has been said for months, I have personally made what other people call "complaining cry fest threads" about this issue.

I play the game a lot, im not the best in the world but I understand how to play the game and if you want to "rank up" so to speak then you avoid and camp, being out in the electric blue field is actually the best place to be for the majority of the game.

You use the looting circles (first 10 minutes or so) to gain as much loot as you can in order to stay out in the electric or as long as you can before the ticks become too much, this or you get a car and camp circle to circle by moving fast into circles.

It becomes a huge camp fest and while the game and ELO system reward you for doing so that is how people will play it, myself included. Its battleroyal, you should be rewarded for going balls deep and killing people no punished for fighting.

Edited by Volvic

It's just a bad game for esports. All strategies are viable and the best strategies aren't necessarily the most exciting to watch. In the end however, Battle Royal is about surviving and you do that best but keeping out of trouble for as long as possible.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, SirTrollington said:

Survived longest. Won.

I'm not seeing the issue.

He won by using a very cowardly camping tactic avoiding any kind of fight.
He should be playing hide and seek with his little sister, not a computer shooter game.

A lot of people say it is a valid strategy; I think it's for pussies and should not be rewarded by the game!

Edited by Raffus

1 minute ago, Raffus said:

He should be playing hide and seek with his little sister, not a computer shooter game.

A lot of people say it is a valid strategy; I think it's for pussies and should not be rewarded by the game!

What cowardly camping tactic is that?

1 minute ago, SirTrollington said:

What cowardly camping tactic is that?

Hiding

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Raffus said:

He played it 100% right, he knew that this is how the points system works and this would be his best chance to win the game over the games.

Anyway you play this game is a valid strategy if you are winning or performing well in terms of staying alive the longest you can, thats the beauty of the game but for competitive eSport viewing its a total bore fest.

Dont blame the players for making the best out of what they have to work with, blame Bluehole for not having a better system.

Personally i think you should be rewarded better for fighting, that kills should negate huge loss in points, this makes for a more interesting watch because it caters for both, you can go balls deep and not be utterly destroyed by the fact campers who do nothing all game out perform you in points.

Position and kills should be the main factors, then you can take other things like player rank, how you killed someone (pan, crossbow, crowbar) and other things like distance traveled being factored as being out in the open is more risk than camping the entire game in buildings.

Edited by Volvic

3 horas atrás, Volvic disse:

He played it 100% right, he knew that this is how the points system works and this would be his best chance to win the game over the games.

Anyway you play this game is a valid strategy if you are winning or performing well in terms of staying alive the longest you can, thats the beauty of the game but for competitive eSport viewing its a total bore fest.

Dont blame the players for making the best out of what they have to work with, blame Bluehole for not having a better system.

Personally i think you should be rewarded better for fighting, that kills should negate huge loss in points, this makes for a more interesting watch because it caters for both, you can go balls deep and not be utterly destroyed by the fact campers who do nothing all game out perform you in points.

Position and kills should be the main factors, then you can take other things like player rank, how you killed someone (pan, crossbow, crowbar) and other things like distance traveled being factored as being out in the open is more risk than camping the entire game in buildings.

I agree 100% with everything you said.

That dude that won deserved it, and i think that was good for the game in general and especially for the developers to see how bad the game is right now for solo esports events. I mean, where is the skill in hiding in the blue 90% of the time in every single match. It almost turns the game in a medkit looter simulator because thats all 'EVERMORE' needed to win the prize really.
  Imho the second circle and the others that follow just need to be more punishing, thats all really... The circle needs to have a bigger purpose, right now its just incentivating this style that we've all think is not fiting for a game that wants to be competitive.

I don't want anyone to think that im here to hate the game or anything, i in fact love this game and i think it has all the potential to become what it wants to, i just want to reinforce the idea that what we all saw today in the solo invetational was not fun to watch, neither seemed fair to the other participants. I feel bad for guys like Break who won a match killing 11 guys, or even N1nja who got killed by EVERMORE who was coming from the blue.

3 minutes ago, XibaRootS said:

I agree 100% with everything you said.

That dude that won deserved it, and i think that was good for the game in general and especially for the developers to see how bad the game is right now for solo esports events. I mean, where is the skill in hiding in the blue 90% of the time in every single match. It almost turns the game in a medkit looter simulator because thats all 'EVERMORE' needed to win the prize really.
  Imho the second circle and the others that follow just need to be more punishing, thats all really... The circle needs to have a bigger purpose, right now its just incentivating this style that we've all think is not fiting for a game that wants to be competitive.

I don't want anyone to think that im here to hate the game or anything, i in fact love this game and i think it has all the potential to become what it wants to, i just want to reinforce the idea that what we all saw today in the solo invetational was not fun to watch, neither seemed fair to the other participants. I feel bad for guys like Break who won a match killing 11 guys, or even N1nja who got killed by EVERMORE who was coming from the blue.

I honestly dont see how they fix the solo competitive, me and my friends have had some heated debates on this, its a truly amazing game and its adding something brilliant to the competitive scene, the problem is its huge, there are so many players and its hard to cover that logistically and financially.

I think for this game to make it in the competitive scene, duos and squads is where it is at, they make the most sense, solo is so hard to get correct, duos and above gives a better watch and can be controlled at lot more than solos.

My opinion, the future of PUBG and competitive is duos and squads.

What they are attempting to do is going to be hard but they have a big advantage, they have good names behind them, Nvidea, Microsoft and Intel to guide them through and give them big insight to how the world works.

There is however  one huge flaw with this, Microsoft Intel and Nvidea are not trying to launch a new genre in the competitive scene, Bluehole need to listen to those who watch and play more than any other company within the eSports scene because we are ultimately the people who will watch and help it grow.

I am not the best in the world I play the game at a high level based on stats but that is  because I understand the current play format and how to play it best, that doesnt make me a pro player but it does give me a decent enough knowledge of how the game performs, it gives me great insight to how it can be improved and the amount I play it gives me a big advantage over the casual player who sees everytime they die as they have been killed by a cheater.

Listen to the people who play your game, it doesnt matter if their feedback comes across all negative, take the valid points from it and this will game will make history for all the right reasons. 100%

• Like 1