FightMeIRL

Can no longer change keybindings under control panel

FightMeIRL    0

Hi,

Just started playing the game and I'm having a blast, but I would like to use my controller rather than my keyboard. I've tried with the default in game binds but I cannot find a list of what each button actually does. Is there a list of which button does what action or has somebody made a optimal bind setting? I realise I will be at a huge disadvantage and this isn't how the game should be played etc etc but I would like to play the game like this.

Any input is appreciated.

FightMe

PUBG_FWG    1,074

I don't think controllers are officially supported just yet. The only reason you can use it at all is probably because UE4 comes with basic controller support out of the box. I can try to find out for you what the plans are re controller support. 

PUBG_FWG    1,074

Ok so no immediate plans to have full support for controllers but it's not off the table. We'll be looking at our options later. 

Bagger    8

Even though it might be cool, I imagine that you'll have a huge disadvantage against a competent player using mouse and keyboard, just as a warning. 

But I support diversity ;)

i disagree completely. He can do just fine with a controller mouse and keyboard are only better for its, mobs and certain style MMO's. I'm also saying this with experience i used to play competitive BF4 with a controller the only reason i switched was to play league. 

To answer the post question as well there are many free programs out there that let you map any keyboard key to your controller PS4 or Xbox. 

Posted (edited)

I connected a controller, then binded a few buttons to my controller. I went into a game and all the buttons remapped, so I disconnected the controller out of game and restarted it and now I can't change a few key bindings. They are stuck mapped to nothing and I can't rebind them. Help please

--

Please see this post:

Edited by Hawkinz
added additional information to post
  • Like 1

xado    0

i cant change my controls eighter :( i cant hit the apply button if i change a key !!!

plz help

Tended30    0

My friend tried playin this game with a controller which was working out fine until he could not change any of the different look speed slider options so then he wanted to go back to using a keyboard and mouse, and he can not even switch back because the keys will not restore to default for him and when he tried to move his character with his keyboard there were no keys mapped to it so he would put them back in over and over but they would never apply I later tried this myself so I could try to help him fix it but I could not get it to work either PLEASE fix this because as of right now we cannot play the game as is with these controllers and we have debated on refunding even though we absolutely love this game and I myself really really want to play more of it but as of now we can't I know we are not the only ones with this problem and thanks for making an awesome game.

dalebass    1

i did the same with a  controller and now cant rebind keys or play game , did u find a fix for this ?

dantedel    0

same problem ive spent probably triple the time ive played the closed beta and steam beta trying to fix this problem.

dalebass    1

I can't find any ini files and I've re installed about 5 times onto different hard drives. Going to have to go down the refund route next Fml ???

PUBG_Hawkinz    932
9 hours ago, dalebass said:

I can't find any ini files and I've re installed about 5 times onto different hard drives. Going to have to go down the refund route next Fml ???

Hey mate,

Hold the windows key then hit R to open the run dialog, type in %appdata%

It'll open a folder in windows explorer, up the top on the address bar click AppData as seen in the image below.

6vxDYpF.png

Now on the right hand side, search for Tslgame as seen below and open the tslgame folder:

5VJyZ0Y.png

Now you need to click through a few folders, Saved, Config and then open the WindowsNoEditor folder where you should be able to locate GameUserSettings.ini as seen below:

JyAVYoJ.png

Delete the file and then relaunch the game and you should be good to go!

@dalebass @dantedel @Tended30 @alex.higginbottom

• Like 4

Hit_Marka    107

Deleting the .ini file was a good tip BUT before you do that I found that in order to make the game apply keybindings you have to make sure you set A KEY FOR EVERYONE COMMAND IN THE MENU, EVEN IF YOU DON'T INTEND TO USE THAT COMMAND...once ALL the keybinding slots are filled, the APPLY button illuminates.  A pain yes, but that's how it works for now.  I just set out of the way keys to features Ill never use...and then once ALL the slots have a entry, the APPLY button illuminates, you hit it and the game keeps the bindings.

• Like 1

dalebass    1

Thanks a lot hawkinz that worked a treat !!! i was going demented trying to resolve this  ...i tried the option of making sure every action was binded to a key and hitting apply but it never worked  :D:D

• Like 1

PUBG_Hawkinz    932
4 minutes ago, dalebass said:

Thanks a lot hawkinz that worked a treat !!! i was going demented trying to resolve this  ...i tried the option of making sure every action was binded to a key and hitting apply but it never worked  :D:D

Great! 

Very glad to hear its fixed for you :) 

Thank you for updating us.

• Like 1