Date Seen:
 3/27/2017

Information:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K Processor 3.5GHz

GPU: Nvida GTX760 2gb

RAM: 8 GB 1333 Ghz

HDD: Western Digital 1 TB

Bug Description:

My friend and I both experienced this today. We spawn in the lobby with the inability to turn our heads. We can walk around, but the crosshairs are gone and we have to walk backwards into doors to pick up weapons. Also we found out once this glitch happens you cannot shoot a gun, or swing a weapon. You can punch and punch only.. which makes it pretty hard to do well.. especially when you have to run backwards towards your enemies... It seems to fix if you restart... but makes me want to leave my games instantly when this happens. 

17 hours ago, vipure said:

Date Seen:
 3/27/2017

Information:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K Processor 3.5GHz

GPU: Nvida GTX760 2gb

RAM: 8 GB 1333 Ghz

HDD: Western Digital 1 TB

Bug Description:

My friend and I both experienced this today. We spawn in the lobby with the inability to turn our heads. We can walk around, but the crosshairs are gone and we have to walk backwards into doors to pick up weapons. Also we found out once this glitch happens you cannot shoot a gun, or swing a weapon. You can punch and punch only.. which makes it pretty hard to do well.. especially when you have to run backwards towards your enemies... It seems to fix if you restart... but makes me want to leave my games instantly when this happens. 

Hey Vipure, do you possibly have a video of this or is it possible to recreate? 

Same problem here, cant turn or shoot for a while and then it got fixed after a while.

same i think, looking around with the mouse and pressing buttons didnt turn the character. got killed and quit gg

Posted (edited)

E3E0C195B55A5C443ECFA000DBD5725D45AEFB8BMy game just did this.  In addition and oddly enough, my hair was also changed (as in appearance), and I definitely didn't spend 3,000 coins (that I don't have anyways!) to change from a shaved head to a half shaved/half side mullet style.

I couldn't turn with A/D, however I WAS able to turn with the mouse.  I checked my settings and nothing had changed control wise, and I even reset it to defaults.  Nothing could get me out of that rut.

I took a screenshot; wish I had made a video as I found this after I closed out and decided to try restarting client.  Screenshot is of character in lobby with the funky hair doo, and shows that I have black color selected, and have the shaved head selected, but my avatar shows orange hair, and the half mullet instead of buzzed/shaved.  Uploaded to steam directly here, but you can still check it out through my profile as well, or I'm happy to provide a raw copy. EDIT: Actually went through and read some of the bug section and saw sticky about this being fixed.  Plus I'm assuming you already have 30,000 copies of the weird hair from people who don't know how to read =D

If I come across the issue with movement again, I'll be sure to make a short video, and actually  upload that since it might be useful.  Not sure how you could really recreate this since all I did was launch the game througfh steam like I always do.  I suppose Razer Cortex didn't run for once (and has literally been on for every other game time I've played); in case your not familiar it is a background process management tool that just kills everything running other than the game and its necessary related processes, saves their states before doing so, and then relaunches them once you close down.

Edited by PapaSha
who knows at this point

17 hours ago, PapaSha said:

E3E0C195B55A5C443ECFA000DBD5725D45AEFB8BMy game just did this.  In addition and oddly enough, my hair was also changed (as in appearance), and I definitely didn't spend 3,000 coins (that I don't have anyways!) to change from a shaved head to a half shaved/half side mullet style.

I couldn't turn with A/D, however I WAS able to turn with the mouse.  I checked my settings and nothing had changed control wise, and I even reset it to defaults.  Nothing could get me out of that rut.

I took a screenshot; wish I had made a video as I found this after I closed out and decided to try restarting client.  Screenshot is of character in lobby with the funky hair doo, and shows that I have black color selected, and have the shaved head selected, but my avatar shows orange hair, and the half mullet instead of buzzed/shaved.  Uploaded to steam directly here, but you can still check it out through my profile as well, or I'm happy to provide a raw copy. EDIT: Actually went through and read some of the bug section and saw sticky about this being fixed.  Plus I'm assuming you already have 30,000 copies of the weird hair from people who don't know how to read =D

If I come across the issue with movement again, I'll be sure to make a short video, and actually  upload that since it might be useful.  Not sure how you could really recreate this since all I did was launch the game througfh steam like I always do.  I suppose Razer Cortex didn't run for once (and has literally been on for every other game time I've played); in case your not familiar it is a background process management tool that just kills everything running other than the game and its necessary related processes, saves their states before doing so, and then relaunches them once you close down.

Hey Papa, the hair issue will be fixed next week. Sorry for that! :-) 

• Like 1

No worries m8, I felt bad enough having brought it up after I saw the ridiculous amount of comments about it- especially the ones that made it seem like they were going to drop 5 kills/hr because of it! lulz.

The movement thing is more what I was trying to convey, but I don't seem to have gotten it since...so we'll hope that was a one off glitch.  I realized in the text above I made it a sound a little bit like I didn't know the mouse was supposed to turn you- should have properly referred to keys as strafe ;)

But its all good for now, so if it comes up again ill be sure to pop in and let y'all know.

On notes of patching- I was curious if voice chat was something you guys were thinking of polishing up a bit more in the coming weeks?  I'm sure it will be later on down the road, but it'd be REALLY nice to get just a tiny bit more robust chat system- 90% of people I know still go and use chat apps, or hell I know a bunch of people who use Battle net for chatting, if that gives you an idea...

Only small think I'd ask for is ability to set voice chat output/sound output via menu in game.  That would be a god send, and probably fix a ton of the issues going around too if we could natively choose and trigger from PUBG.

Keep up the excellent work fellas.

9 hours ago, PapaSha said:

No worries m8, I felt bad enough having brought it up after I saw the ridiculous amount of comments about it- especially the ones that made it seem like they were going to drop 5 kills/hr because of it! lulz.

The movement thing is more what I was trying to convey, but I don't seem to have gotten it since...so we'll hope that was a one off glitch.  I realized in the text above I made it a sound a little bit like I didn't know the mouse was supposed to turn you- should have properly referred to keys as strafe ;)

But its all good for now, so if it comes up again ill be sure to pop in and let y'all know.

On notes of patching- I was curious if voice chat was something you guys were thinking of polishing up a bit more in the coming weeks?  I'm sure it will be later on down the road, but it'd be REALLY nice to get just a tiny bit more robust chat system- 90% of people I know still go and use chat apps, or hell I know a bunch of people who use Battle net for chatting, if that gives you an idea...

Only small think I'd ask for is ability to set voice chat output/sound output via menu in game.  That would be a god send, and probably fix a ton of the issues going around too if we could natively choose and trigger from PUBG.

Keep up the excellent work fellas.

I know the VOIP system still needs some work. We have brought up some different recommendations in internal mod/CM chats but the final decision is going to come from the team. As soon as we get more information it will surely be passed along! :-) 

HELP! This crap is happening to me about once every other game at least..It just cost me a game in the top 10 and I am VERY upset..I understand it is still in BETA but jesus christ  this is so frustrating it lasts from 5-10 minutes or until i get into a vehicle..

At TOTALLY RANDOM times, I cannot turn my character...I can look around with my mouse, and crouch and prone, but that is all...I cannot aim, shoot or pickup anything. It tends to happen at least every other match. It lasts from 2-10 minutes or i have been forced to leave...I am VERY salty rn  I just lost in the top 10 because I froze up and did my usual "cannot turn". getting into and out of a vehicle (good luck getting into the vehicle) then you are good to go...Please fix this :(( otherwise game is A1 10/10!! This is the only thing that has me log out and not play it lol

Posted (edited)

Hello Muddy,to get a better understanding of the issue can you fill out the report template if possible.

Is this the same Issue?

Edited by Aldawgs

After the patch...It's even worse..I am now jumping from the plane unable to turn for about 3 minutes I just keep leaving and entering another match as soon as it happens..it's totally at random how arent they fixing this?

It's happening to me AND my friend now about 3 times a  game...I cannot play anymore I get too frustrated through these few minutes of not being able to turn and shoot...I will start playing another game and check back in 2 weeks..

I see this is an old topic, but I have been experiencing this pretty often recently.. 
I have found a fix that works consistently for me; I have a dual monitor setup and "Tabbing" out of the game to my secondary monitor and back fixes it everytime.
Hope this can help!

7 hours ago, Enggaard said:

I see this is an old topic, but I have been experiencing this pretty often recently.. 
I have found a fix that works consistently for me; I have a dual monitor setup and "Tabbing" out of the game to my secondary monitor and back fixes it everytime.
Hope this can help!

What kind of mouse do you have? Can I get your PC specs as well please? :-)