Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PUBG_Slyvinlisha

Make use of Energy Drinks and Pain killers [UPDATED]

These two are very underrated and underused items right now. But it can really help you.

First off let's clarify what they do for you. In case you weren't aware both will give you heal over time.

The notches that you see on the bar (top of health bar), 2nd will give you sprint/movement boost and the 3rd notch will give more sprint boost + health regeneration.

58ed15d49296b_ScreenShot2017-04-11at1_42_06PM.png.74563c98f878b921c3fb59772b2c6887.png Only health regen past 1st notch.

58ed1e5db478e_ScreenShot2017-04-11at2_17_13PM.png.40f5091414797cd6535a313d7e6e93ea.png Health regen, speed boost past 3rd notch.

578080_screenshots_20170411212447_1.jpg.12a6c4a4ab0c372ef215bf7734a71788.jpg 1 pain killer will get you up to 2nd notch;

578080_screenshots_20170411210449_1.jpg.3c3575a794392d02eeb3e82820c22e34.jpg 1 energy drink will get you up to 1st notch and a half;

578080_screenshots_20170411211541_1.jpg.ca87804d51caa9a6251a702de63b479b.jpg Energy drinks full regeneration will get you up to about 95%.

You will need to drink 2 energy drinks if you want full regen. It is REALLY slow though, FYI. You can always load up before you head into a fight to help with heal over time too.

Trying to get to the safe zone but still have ways to go? Pop that pain killer or couple of energy drinks past that second notch so you can move a little faster. ;)

This is something I didnt know until yesterday. Now its all whole new game in terms of survival. Thanks for the nice n clear layout.

read the title and immediately thought, yah I enjoy a monster while streaming.  

On the other hand I agree its a huge health bonus. I usually save them for end game to give a buff in the top 10. Helps when you cant med pack in a hurry, bc you know bullets an shit.

On 11/28/2016 at 1:39 PM, Slyvinlisha said:

First off let's clarify what they do for you. In case you weren't aware both will give you heal over time.
The notches that you see on the blue bar (left side), 2nd will give you less bullet spread and the 3rd notch will give you more running speed.

Untitled.png

1 pain killer will get you up to 2nd notch;

Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 1.06.29 PM.png

1 energy drink will get you up to 1 and a half notch;

Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 1.20.17 PM.png

We all know bandages and first aid kits don't heal you over 75%. Pop an energy drink, and watch your health go full over time. It is REALLY slow though, FYI. You can always load up before you head into a fight to help with heal over time too.

Trying to get to the safe zone but still have ways to go? Pop that pain killer or couple of energy drinks past that third notch so you can move a little faster. ;)

Very informative post. Thank you for taking the time!

Are these bars still relevant? I'm not sure I recall noticing them on the compass at top of page. I just started on EA so maybe this has changed since you posted back in Nov?

When I take energy drinks, I think I remember seeing a weird bar at bottom of screen, above action bar. 

Going by what you are saying, I will not get a run speed boost at all, unless I drink or pop enough pills to get between the second and third notch?

Also, effectively there is no difference between painkillers and energy drinks other than the energy drink boosts you higher on that bar?

Also, I always assumed that painkillers somehow, allowed to ignore some pain. In other words boosted your health a little, temporarily. I guess that isnt the case either?

Thanks again!

6 minutes ago, shizniticus said:

Very informative post. Thank you for taking the time!

Are these bars still relevant? I'm not sure I recall noticing them on the compass at top of page. I just started on EA so maybe this has changed since you posted back in Nov?

When I take energy drinks, I think I remember seeing a weird bar at bottom of screen, above action bar. 

Going by what you are saying, I will not get a run speed boost at all, unless I drink or pop enough pills to get between the second and third notch?

Also, effectively there is no difference between painkillers and energy drinks other than the energy drink boosts you higher on that bar?

Also, I always assumed that painkillers somehow, allowed to ignore some pain. In other words boosted your health a little, temporarily. I guess that isnt the case either?

Thanks again!

That's why I said in your post I need to update the graphics but it is still kinda the same. I just keep forgetting to grab screenshots to update.

Only difference is now it's over your health bar on the bottom. The notches are still there and there's also an icon showing you have a speed boost when you are past the second notch :)

Painkillers give you a higher/longer timed boost than energy drinks. Both of them boost your health regen with different durations.

Just now, Slyvinlisha said:

Both of them boost your health regen with different durations.

Health regen?  I never noticed my health regen unless i use FA/Medi Kit. What do you mean?

Just now, shizniticus said:

Health regen?  I never noticed my health regen unless i use FA/Medi Kit. What do you mean?

So basically, first aid or bandages will heal you only to 75%. After that if you pop an energy drink or a painkiller, will health will go to 100% over time.

7 minutes ago, shizniticus said:

Also is the bullet spread reduction significant? That might explain a lot to me...

I'm not sure how much.. Would need to ask the devs again to clarify. This was something he had mentioned in one of the streams.

I've studied videos of people using for example, pistols and I found it very hard to match how they keep their reticle on the players head while shooting at a high rate. When I shoot fast, my cursor jumps up like crazy.

And please rememer that there is also morphine syring os sth like that, that gives you 100% of bar instanteuosly.

2 hours ago, Twirlywoos said:

Re: Bullet spread

Well.. I guess they changed it. That was back in Alpha mentioned by Tooner. I'll update it accordingly.

There is also adrenaline syringe, that can be obtained through air drops. It boosts your energy bar to 100%.

Awesome post mate! Didn't really knew what the 4 bars mean till now. Thank you!

Thanks for the tip man.

Got to use it yesterday, got my butt out of the gas with about 1% health left.  No speed boost = I would've been dead meat....lol

On 12.4.2017 at 2:15 PM, Ilmar said:

And please rememer that there is also morphine syring os sth like that, that gives you 100% of bar instanteuosly.

Adrenaline syringe. Morphine might get you high or feel less pain, but I doubt that's good thing in that game.

Once you take a first aid kit and get to 75% health, (you cant heal any more), one energy drink will almost put you at full health.

I see A LOT of energy drinks left behind in looted house's ... more for me :)

Why am I so hooked on playing PUBG?!?

Wait what have I been chugging and eating like tic-tacs?

The adrenaline syringe is amazing - full on berserk mode!

Just go ape-shit while you can!