Sign in to follow this  
VCTRious

Battlefield: Royale

VCTRious    4

Dear Survivors,

A friend and I were talking about the possibility of a Battlefield: Royale to happen sometime soon. Maybe added as a new game mode to the next Battlefield or even the existing ones.

Think about what they already got:

• 120 people tech
  • big maps, though would need bigger ones
  • many guns
  • DESTRUCTION!!! How great would that be! But, remove Rocket Launchers, just leave grenades to blow holes in walls
  • squad system
  • they kind of have Zones already (see Operations) but ofc make them dynamic
  • nice graphics
  • VAULTING
  • good melee combat mechanic for takedowns
  • working vehicles (remove Tanks though)

OFC many system would have to be tweaked. For example how does spawning and looting look.

We were talking about a scenario where you have no looting. You choose a class in the beginning (at least for weapons) and spawn with them.. maybe by parachuting or by just spawning in randomly. Important, no sniper class. Add sniper class as Loot-Drop maybe.

Also which setting would you like? WW1, maybe something like BF 2143? Or just the present?

How would zones work? We had some ideas for that too:

• You cant shoot from outside the zone
  • you die after 12 seconds or something in the zone
  • would make people more aware of the zone, no late arriving people that shoot you in the back
  • You still could use the zone tactically in the end by leaving (12 second rule) to flank, but you could get caught off guard because you can't shoot

What do you guys think? Love to hear what you have to say! I like playing with the idea. Very much actually. I would wonder if Dice is not working on it already.

Greetings!

PS: Some things to think about: How does healing work; Do we have armor and helmets; If we have Looting - should it be like PUBG?; Class ability like revive-needle, giving ammunition, giving heal should be removed, at least for SOLOs or for all Modes?

Edited by VCTRious

Akaki    67

I think Battlefield is no place for a mode such as that. You'll upset the hardcore community who likes 64 conquest. Battlefield has adidasis been about all out warfare. Not some kind of gimmicky mode trying to appeal to PUBG community. 

• Like 2

VCTRious    4
3 hours ago, Akaki said:

I think Battlefield is no place for a mode such as that. You'll upset the hardcore community who likes 64 conquest. Battlefield has adidasis been about all out warfare. Not some kind of gimmicky mode trying to appeal to PUBG community. 

Why would this upset conquest fans, if it is a seperat game mode? Please explain.

Akaki    67
1 hour ago, VCTRious said:

Why would this upset conquest fans, if it is a seperat game mode? Please explain.

Because it would drift away from the core feel of the game. EA isn't planning anything regarding with battle royal as far as I know.

VCTRious    4
4 minutes ago, Akaki said:

Because it would drift away from the core feel of the game. EA isn't planning anything regarding with battle royal as far as I know.

Yeah you could be right. Still not quite the point of the topic... but thanks.

Akaki    67
3 minutes ago, VCTRious said:

Yeah you could be right. Still not quite the point of the topic... but thanks.

It would be pretty cool to see a separate game done, however. Set in a whole different universe. Think about it. It doesn't have to be Battlefield. :P

VCTRious    4
2 hours ago, Akaki said:

It would be pretty cool to see a separate game done, however. Set in a whole different universe. Think about it. It doesn't have to be Battlefield. :P

Yeah of course it would not have to be Battlefield (: Cut the Battlefield part from my topic than ;) But the Basic of Battlefield would be perfect for a game like that i think. Like I said... Destruction and stuff :P 

I think what I tried to say, Dice should use what they already have in Battlefield and make a Battle-Royale game from it. 

I wish PUBG could incorporate the building demolition and bullet penetration elements of Battlefield.  What I like about this in PUBG would be that there wouldn't be any other crazy military vehicles that can level houses and get squad wipes at the blink of an eye.  Grenades, bullets, and driving vehicles would be the only damage inputs which would make it very interesting. 

I.E.  You could drive into a 2 story house on the bottom floor for cover.  If someone was camping there previously if they knew this could happen, they could be on the 2nd floor scouting for enemies.