Sign in to follow this  
IceDeath

Island circle

IceDeath    8

There are 2 types of games in PUBG for me right now, the normal game is when game will finish ANYWHERE but the island, and then there is the stupid games when it will finish there. 

If you are not one of those farming boys who always jumps into mil base or school to ether have a quick death or good loot if you survive, so if you play more like normal person rather than someone who grinds, having the game end on the island means you have no time to loot, and on the island itself there is really no good places to loot outside the port\mil base.

Since we all know that both bridges will be a camp fest by those lucky to quickly find a couple of good weapons and going for the bridge is pretty much suicide, the only option you have is to spend several minutes swimming that will destroy any chances for looting in those few places on the island you could get to potentially (lets not pretend that finding boat is something that can be done with any regularity).

If I dont get extremely lucky with loot at the very beginning of the game then I wont have any for island, simple really.

I wonder if anyone else noticed that island just F`s up everybody who did not went for stupid meat grinder of the mil base from the plane.  

P.S Also there is no worse end zone than the mil base itself, it is about 0 tactics, if you dont have a scope with good weapon (most preferable SR ofc, but AR with ACOG is the minimum requirement) you might as well just give up. 

Edited by IceDeath

I also loathe the Island as end game. but for the reason of getting there; not weaponry. The bridges are a kill zone, vehicle controls make that a poor option for myself, and swimming is a tad slower than the Blue Death coming to get me. I have found decent weapons at varied places around the map, but getting to the Island usually means I will not be able to use them. And I currently choose not to land there, as I avoid the early carnage. 

• Like 1

Madzai    33

I know, the circle is 100% random but i swear in lands on Island every 4-5 games. And the fly-path start over it\nearby like every third game. I'm so tired of this frigging island. It really makes the game bland, because you have to be ready to go there, meaning not to take risks with looting not the top spot and be always ready to find car\boat fast. Because running\swimming simulator is no so fun, especially due to Island terrain that like crying for to be killed on bridges\shore.

fl999    17

Every 4-5. More like every 2-3 games on my end. Just about every game ends there and its getting old.

• Like 1

DwnNdirty    41
15 minutes ago, IceDeath said:

(lets not pretend that finding boat is something that can be done with any regularity).

This is the only thing I do to get to the south island on a south island circle. If I don't find a boat I'll swim. You just have to train yourself to do that. I used to have big issues with the south island circle once they put actual debris on the bridge for campers to sit. But I realized boats are a huge help to get around this. If you still think that is not a good enough, you should either stop playing or seriously rethink how you play this game. 

I wonder if anyone else noticed that island just F`s up everybody who did not went for stupid meat grinder of the mil base from the plane

It doesn't

P.S Also there is no worse end zone than the mil base itself, it is about 0 tactics, if you dont have a scope with good weapon (most preferable SR ofc, but AR with ACOG is the minimum requirement) you might as well just give up. 

What are you saying? It's about 50% tactics and %50 skill. It's a close - medium range combat area. You don't need an acog and it helps people w/out sniper rifles because it brings the firefight at a closer range. Why would you ever give up on that? O.o That would be just sad if that's how you play it.

I see this as another thread of an inexperienced player, venting about things they dont fully understand.

Edited by DwnNdirty
  • Like 4

ratpak    76

If it ends up Island game, I usually just exit most of the time.  I will occasionally play it.  I do have one Dinner on the island in FPP (all I play).  They need to fully attach it to the rest of the Island landmass IMO

Cool another player bashing troll I get to put on ignore ^^^^^

Edited by ratpak

xTekx    230

Oh man. The circle ending on the south island... So unfair! The devs must really hate us. I mean, they drop 100 of us on a big island after all and tell us only one can survive. That's not fair to 99 other people! What if I dropped at some house and some other dude dropped there and found a gun before me? So unfair!

In all seriousness, I don't care where the circle ends up. I just DEAL with it and figure out how i'm going to survive and win the situation I find myself in. That is the beauty of this game. The challenges you find yourself in and the decisions you have to make in order to succeed. Will you succeed? Or will you fail? Even when I'm in squad games, my teammates and I just figure out a way to get it done. We don't bitch and moan about the circle landing on south island, or way across the map from us. We just figure out a way to adapt and overcome the hand we're dealt.

• Like 1

DwnNdirty    41
6 minutes ago, ratpak said:

Cool another player bashing troll I get to put on ignore ^^^^^

I thought you already ignored me from another thread where you couldn't keep up with the argument. What part of any of my response was player bashing?

xTekx    230
33 minutes ago, IceDeath said:

This is a bunch of crap. You do NOT need a scope to be successful. Can it help? Absolutely! But just because you don't have a scope doesn't mean you're going to lose. Doesn't matter where the end circle is. 

IceDeath    8

10 minutes ago, DwnNdirty said:

This is the only thing I do to get to the south island on a south island circle. If I don't find a boat I'll swim. You just have to train yourself to do that. I used to have big issues with the south island circle once they put actual debris on the bridge for campers to sit. But I realized boats are a huge help to get around this. If you still think that is not a good enough, you should either stop playing or seriously rethink how you play this game. 

Oh man, the l33ts are here xD Ah dude, you cant imagine how many times I had similar discussion with people like you over 20 years of me playing pretty much all main FPS games. 

So I have to train myself exactly in what ? Swimming ? Yeah I know how to do that. Boat finding ? Any tips beyond the obvious pray to RNG and check the beach\pier ? I cant wait for some secret cool knowledge you will drop on me. 

14 minutes ago, DwnNdirty said:

It doesn't

Extremely constructive, man you are such a fountain of knowledge. 

15 minutes ago, DwnNdirty said:

What are you saying? It's about 50% tactics and %50 skill. It's a close - medium range combat area. You don't need an acog and it helps people w/out sniper rifles because it brings the firefight at a closer range. Why would you ever give up on that? O.o That would be just sad if that's how you play it.

Open field with pretty much no terrain features to cross from rare cover, oh yes it is totally close to medium range, the best close\mid range with tactics and skill is when the final 2 zones are on the road south from base that goes next to the fence, there I would say it is even 300% skill and tactics, no place for luck to be there before other people with SR and just puck off anyone trying to cross the totally not open field. But I`m sure you will drop some great knowledge again about how I see this situation in the wrong light. 

19 minutes ago, DwnNdirty said:

I see this as another thread of an inexperienced player, venting about things they dont fully understand.

Start dropping those mad knowledge bombs mate, so I can stop being such a noob. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

IceDeath    8
1 minute ago, xTekx said:

This is a bunch of crap. You do NOT need a scope to be successful. Can it help? Absolutely! But just because you don't have a scope doesn't mean you're going to lose. Doesn't matter where the end circle is. 

God damn I`m such a noob that crossing open field against scopes is hard for me, I usually die. Here is alternative idea to you boys, may be your skill is so low that you play with players that dont hit every 2nd head shot on a running target ? Because that is what I`m dealing with, if you are in the open = you are dead. 

xTekx    230
4 minutes ago, IceDeath said:

God damn I`m such a noob that crossing open field against scopes is hard for me, I usually die. Here is alternative idea to you boys, may be your skill is so low that you play with players that dont hit every 2nd head shot on a running target ? Because that is what I`m dealing with, if you are in the open = you are dead. 

Yeah... because not having a scope means you're instantly going to die. o.O Silly argument. And there is more to the south island than just an open field.

radjenovic    233

In situations like that, get half decent gear and a boat and go round the arse end of the island, the compounds to the south rarely get looted, and the cliffs are very defensible places.

Two good landing spots that allow you protect yourself out of the boat when you land as well. 

Also boating sometimes nets you crates that drop in the water

base.png

• Like 1

DwnNdirty    41
10 minutes ago, IceDeath said:

Oh man, the l33ts are here xD Ah dude, you cant imagine how many times I had similar discussion with people like you over 20 years of me playing pretty much all main FPS games. 

So I have to train myself exactly in what ? Swimming ? Yeah I know how to do that. Boat finding ? Any tips beyond the obvious pray to RNG and check the beach\pier ? I cant wait for some secret cool knowledge you will drop on me. 

Oh here you go, getting upset that I called your lack of skill out. How many hours do you have in this game? I'm not doing this to flaunt my e-peen, your time played will affect the way you play the game. The longer you play, the more you learn. Yeah, train yourself in swimming and where boats spawn. You apparently have trouble with this as you stated in your first post. No cool secret to it. Just simple common sense.

13 minutes ago, IceDeath said:

Extremely constructive, man you are such a fountain of knowledge. 

Don't have to, I'm getting straight to the point. That is simply YOUR opinion about the south island circle. You were wondering, I told you. If you wanted people to simply agree with you or say the exact same thing as you, go get a yakbak. 

Open field with pretty much no terrain features to cross from rare cover, oh yes it is totally close to medium range, the best close\mid range with tactics and skill is when the final 2 zones are on the road south from base that goes next to the fence, there I would say it is even 300% skill and tactics, no place for luck to be there before other people with SR and just puck off anyone trying to cross the totally not open field. But I`m sure you will drop some great knowledge again about how I see this situation in the wrong light. 

You specifically said "the mil base itself". It has tons of cover. You did not say the giant open fields around it.

17 minutes ago, IceDeath said:

Start dropping those mad knowledge bombs mate, so I can stop being such a noob. 

Somebody's upset I wasn't their own personal soundboard.

IceDeath    8
2 minutes ago, xTekx said:

Yeah... because not having a scope means you're instantly going to die. o.O Silly argument. And there is more to the south island than just an open field.

Lets see, 200-300m target, you have Kar98 without any optics or with red dot, I have 4x or 8x, fancy much your chances ? I dont for sure. You can shoot at me sure, but it is more of a silhouette shot than anything else, I can shoot you precisely in the head. Oh there is more to island than just open field ? Did you by any chance noticed that my point was about end zone on the mil base itself ? Yes there are some building, but I have never actually seen it end anywhere close to there, it is somehow always end on the open field part by the south road.

2 minutes ago, radjenovic said:

In situations like that, get half decent gear and a boat and go round the arse end of the island, the compounds to the south rarely get looted, and the cliffs are very defensible places.

Two good landing spots that allow you protect yourself out of the boat when you land as well. 

Also boating sometimes nets you crates that drop in the water

Yeah ok, so give me your description of a game that I have often enough, you land in Yasnaja, Rozhok or any other landing spot north from Pochinki, first circle is all island. 

So how do you get enough loot and get into those great spots you showed ? And what how much loot will you have in those couple of building near your landing places ? How much time going around the island will it take with boat (slow and consumes unreal amount of fuel on turbo). 

DwnNdirty    41
1 minute ago, IceDeath said:

Lets see, 200-300m target, you have Kar98 without any optics or with red dot,

Kar98 w/ red dot can still do a lot of dmg at that range. Im not talking about the actually dmg number. Im talking about the ability to use a kar98 at that range. Some people just see that and go, "why try" i guess. I know I don't. But you should always be able to at least get a red dot before you get in the circle. And dont act like you go directly to the last few circles. There are circles in between for you to take on more close range fights and pick sights off of somebody else.

5 minutes ago, IceDeath said:

my point was about end zone on the mil base itself

there you go again. "the mil base itself" does not mean the open airfield or the fields around it. At least 1/2 - 2/3 of the place has a ton of cover. 

6 minutes ago, IceDeath said:

Yeah ok, so give me your description of a game that I have often enough, you land in Yasnaja, Rozhok or any other landing spot north from Pochinki, first circle is all island. 

So how do you get enough loot and get into those great spots you showed ? And what how much loot will you have in those couple of building near your landing places ? How much time going around the island will it take with boat (slow and consumes unreal amount of fuel on turbo). 

I'll usually loot my landing zone until roughly the 2 circle. By then I should have plenty of loot to grab a vehicle, get to a boat, then get to a good spot in the circle. You really make this out to be harder than it is...

• Like 1

IceDeath    8
4 minutes ago, DwnNdirty said:

Oh here you go, getting upset that I called your lack of skill out. How many hours do you have in this game? I'm not doing this to flaunt my e-peen, your time played will affect the way you play the game. The longer you play, the more you learn. Yeah, train yourself in swimming and where boats spawn. You apparently have trouble with this as you stated in your first post. No cool secret to it. Just simple common sense.

Skill blah blah blah I will just ignore, it is pointless. Hours 181, but I cant wait to hear your reasoning how I will change the way I play the game after 1k hours, the thing is there has to be reasoning, at least some basic kinder garden stuff would be nice for a start, for example train myself in swimming, I asked how, any answers ? From your posts I get only 1 thing, you have trouble with reading and\or comprehension. 

8 minutes ago, DwnNdirty said:

Don't have to, I'm getting straight to the point. That is simply YOUR opinion about the south island circle. You were wondering, I told you. If you wanted people to simply agree with you or say the exact same thing as you, go get a yakbak. 

Useless unless you provide at least basic reasoning. Unlike you I can actually give a reasoning why I think island is different to all other areas on the map. 

10 minutes ago, DwnNdirty said:

You specifically said "the mil base itself". It has tons of cover. You did not say the giant open fields around it.

So by mil base you understand only the northern part of it ? I consider mil base everything inside the fence + immediate area around it. 

radjenovic    233
8 minutes ago, IceDeath said:

Dont get great loot, I'd rather get a smg/shotgun vest and helm and get there first, then loot or kill someone with loot when inside the circle. 

But it all depends on play style. That's just how I deal with circles like that. Same as if you drop on the island and the circle is miles away. I much prefer to be as close to the middle of the circle rather than on the outer edges. Whereas some people prefer edge play.

Boat boost IMO isn't worth the fuel unless you have a jerry can, first couple of circles at normal speed you will keep ahead of circle. 

It's already been said, but you need to land there and utilize the southern towns along the road on the island OR take a boat from the north and park it on the south end of the island. 

The military base is big though, there are 4-5 silos on the eastern base perimeter that are also great and away from the main military buildings.

IceDeath    8

I'll usually loot my landing zone until roughly the 2 circle. By then I should have plenty of loot to grab a vehicle, get to a boat, then get to a good spot in the circle. You really make this out to be harder than it is...

Damn boy, you have to train yourself on those READING skills. 

DwnNdirty    41
Just now, IceDeath said:

Hours 181, but I cant wait to hear your reasoning how I will change the way I play the game after 1k hours, the thing is there has to be reasoning, at least some basic kinder garden stuff would be nice for a start, for example train myself in swimming, I asked how, any answers ? From your posts I get only 1 thing, you have trouble with reading and\or comprehension. 

This is what I expected,181 is very low. I don't mean that in an insulting way, it just is. Yeah, train yourself in swimming. When to swim is a start. Do you have any vehicle? Is the bridge safe to cross? No? swim. Should you wait to follow the circle to swim over? No. From your posts, you don't even know this. It's basic kindergarten stuff. You have trouble understanding. I'm very proficient at reading.

4 minutes ago, IceDeath said:

Useless unless you provide at least basic reasoning. Unlike you I can actually give a reasoning why I think island is different to all other areas on the map. 

Then you provide me with any reasoning that you think it screws everybody who doesn't land at the south island. Because nothing you've said so far is sufficient. The south island does not screw everybody who doesn't land on it. Only thing it does is force a bottleneck on the bridges for the low skilled players who think it's the only way to get to the south island.

7 minutes ago, IceDeath said:

So by mil base you understand only the northern part of it ? I consider mil base everything inside the fence + immediate area around it. 

Look at the map that was provided above. I'd say at least 3/4 of the area inside the fence has some type of cover. Are you not looking at it? Or is your idea of cover being a building or wall every 5-10 feet?

• Like 1

IceDeath    8
3 minutes ago, radjenovic said:

Dont get great loot, I'd rather get a smg/shotgun vest and helm and get there first, then loot or kill someone with loot when inside the circle. 

But it all depends on play style. That's just how I deal with circles like that. Same as if you drop on the island and the circle is miles away. I much prefer to be as close to the middle of the circle rather than on the outer edges. Whereas some people prefer edge play.

Boat boost IMO isn't worth the fuel unless you have a jerry can, first couple of circles at normal speed you will keep ahead of circle. 

That is pretty much what I do now, minimum loot and get to the island as quick as possible, the problem is you most likely dont have much meds, so you just put yourself into disadvantage from the start, that is exactly what I wrote in the first post. 

Since people dont understand I will try again explaining.

If you land on the island and circle is anywhere else = you are ok, you loot and take one of many vehicles you can always find there.

If you land on the island and circle is on the island = you are golden, top 10 minimum provide you dont die at the very beginning.

If you land not on the island and the circle is on the island = you are forced not to loot but to move there as fast as possible, problem is that beyond base and port itself there is really no place to loot especially when we start talking about Duo or Squad since you need more stuff then. 

Do you see the problem of landing on the island is better in pretty much any case ? Now it is better, the island is not that often, I feel like devs changed the chances of end game there, but 1 small patch ago I had 3-4 island games in a row in 10 games.   

• Like 1

DwnNdirty    41
8 minutes ago, IceDeath said:

first circle is all island. 

This proves why you have so much trouble in the game. It doesn't matter if every single circle in the match is on the south island. I will STILL land in yasnaja, loot until the second circle, then get myself to the south island and in the circle. Think outside the box. You do not have to stay inside every circle. You can survive outside of them for 3 circles. You are some kinda special. 

DwnNdirty    41
2 minutes ago, IceDeath said:

If you land not on the island and the circle is on the island = you are forced not to loot but to move there as fast as possible, problem is that beyond base and port itself there is really no place to loot especially when we start talking about Duo or Squad since you need more stuff then. 

I will still loot yas and george outside the circle with enough time to get sufficient early loot and get down to the south island and in the circle alive. You are not forced to "not loot".