Sign in to follow this  
IceDeath

Island circle

fobyac    17
20 hours ago, IceDeath said:

.... Hours 181, but I cant wait to hear your reasoning how I will change the way I play the game after 1k hours, the thing is there has to be reasoning, at least some basic kinder garden stuff would be nice for a start, for example train myself in swimming, I asked how, any answers ? ......

Don't want to get into needlessly pedantic arguments over peoples interpretation of what to call different areas etc but I will say this:

181 hours compared to 300 hours makes a big difference. It can be hard to quantify but wrt to swimming it's about making your move to the island sooner than you would if you running to a circle on the mainland. Positioning is more important as swimming is so slow, even swimming underwater and only surfacing to refill your lungs. 

Once on the island I find it goes one of two ways. I either skedaddle as fast as possible to cover and wait for the rest to come in, keeping as quiet and low key as possible assuming there are at least half of the remaining combatants already in circle and waiting for me to pop my head up. Or I will hang back and wait for the people rushing in to trigger the people in circle so I can work out the route that stands me the best chance of getting in unscathed or maybe taking out people already fighting each other on my way through. It's the times I can't decide which tactic to use that ends me the fastest :)

Rarely go for the bridge unless I have no other choice due to circle or others dictating my route.

Captiva88    3

200+ hours into the game and yes island endings are aids...

I don't quit them out but I do sigh everytime I see it. Death bridges need to change, no inherent risk or skill involved which makes it extremely frustrating to deal with. Best chances is to try and find a boat, go out to the middle of the water and wait to make sure the circle commits to island then go make landfall in some random place on the back side of the island. Such fun much gameplay...

LoootoooF1    16

Why not implementing streams or tides between both islands to help the swimmers reach faster the shore ?? :D An alternate third path, sided by bridges and boats

MagicDonkey    0

Military circles are nowhere near as common as they once were.. if you don't dare brave the bridge then get to the party early so you have enough time to swim without the blue chewing your ass off or skim the beach line in a car finding a boat if you are concerned about swimming, land fairly central on the map near a road so you have a bigger chance of finding a car if the circle does go there.. job done.

I used to die on the bridge every damn military circle.. i've been killed by bridge campers like once in my past 50 games now and that was my auto matchmake team mate driving the boat under the bridge instead of just directly over to the island for some reason.

MagicDonkey    0
3 hours ago, Captiva88 said:

200+ hours into the game and yes island endings are aids...

I don't quit them out but I do sigh everytime I see it. Death bridges need to change, no inherent risk or skill involved which makes it extremely frustrating to deal with. Best chances is to try and find a boat, go out to the middle of the water and wait to make sure the circle commits to island then go make landfall in some random place on the back side of the island. Such fun much gameplay...

if your sitting in the water waiting on circles your a retard.. use that time to find a boat or loot up more then swim if the circle requires it and theres no boat
sitting in the water semi afking by choice and then you complain about it being boring.. no shit.. i'd be bored too if i was using your idiotic "method" of semi afking.

Captiva88    3
2 hours ago, MagicDonkey said:

if your sitting in the water waiting on circles your a retard.. use that time to find a boat or loot up more then swim if the circle requires it and theres no boat
sitting in the water semi afking by choice and then you complain about it being boring.. no shit.. i'd be bored too if i was using your idiotic "method" of semi afking.

First l2 use the quote system. Second it's either that or don't get a boat cause you got too greedy trying to loot everything around. What I mean by it's boring is that death bridge isn't a fun or interesting mechanic... and the alternative is hitting the coast praying you find a boat. Also most strategic option is not always the most engaging which means it should be looked at as a mechanic. Example. Dude won a few matches of the last PuBG tourney playing insanely passive. Not interesting gameplay and really boring to watch.

xTekx    230
1 hour ago, Captiva88 said:

Also most strategic option is not always the most engaging which means it should be looked at as a mechanic.

Why? Because you don't like the least engaging aspects of this game? Sometimes the best decision to help you win the round is to not shoot that player/squad that's running across the field 200m out. Sometimes the best decision when you drop in Severny and find that the circle is way south is to leave early and get south. Decision making is the name of this game when it comes to being in a position to win.

Land way north, see the circle at south island. Decision is to loot and hope to find a vehicle late or to find a vehicle early and get into a better position for the south circle. That decision is going to directly impact your next decision when you finally do get to the bridge/water. Early, might be able to cross without problems, even setting up an ambush yourself, or finding a boat. Late and you risk getting ambushed on the bridge or not finding a boat. That initial decision is everything for the rest of the game in that particular situation.

And that's what this game is about. It's not meant to be fair or forgiving. It's a harsh game that rewards the right moves and punishes the bad moves. Leaving early could be the right or wrong move. Waiting could be the right or wrong move. Just depends. It's up to you to decide which is best for you.

Quasispec    232

Played 3 rounds last night: Gatka drop, military island circle; George crates drop, military island circle; Prim drop, Severny circle and a win.

Military island circles are at 67% and are detrimental to fun gameplay (winning). Also the circle is always the other side of the map from where you drop. :P

Also I hadn't really thought about it much until last night but after I did I realized that I don't think I've ever seen a vehicle spawn in the roads around Gatka except the road south of the mountain to the north and to the west by the observatory. There's a bunch of totally legitimate roads in there that I have yet to see spawn a vehicle.

19 minutes ago, Quasispec said:

Played 3 rounds last night: Gatka drop, military island circle; George crates drop, military island circle; Prim drop, Severny circle and a win.

Military island circles are at 67% and are detrimental to fun gameplay (winning). Also the circle is always the other side of the map from where you drop. :P

Also I hadn't really thought about it much until last night but after I did I realized that I don't think I've ever seen a vehicle spawn in the roads around Gatka except the road south of the mountain to the north and to the west by the observatory. There's a bunch of totally legitimate roads in there that I have yet to see spawn a vehicle.

There's a vehicle spawn at gatka like literally 10 meters away to the east 

Oicz    3
On 12/9/2017 at 6:14 PM, IceDeath said:

God damn I`m such a noob that crossing open field against scopes is hard for me, I usually die. Here is alternative idea to you boys, may be your skill is so low that you play with players that dont hit every 2nd head shot on a running target ? Because that is what I`m dealing with, if you are in the open = you are dead. 

you do know there are other ways around than just straight through? sounds like you just need more planning for the circle, as soon as you see the circle, move to it ( if its on the island) doesnt matter if you have low tier gear. You can always camp someone and get them into a trap and take their "tryhard gear" as i think you would call it. This is situational but most of the time this works, if you set it up well enough.