rav-kz

The latest patch on the test server makes me physically sick

2 minutes ago, rav-kz said:

What matters is that they have finally, finally acknowledged the issue and one way or another they will have to either tell us who have a problem with the DoF blur to F.off or they will fix it. So they will either hardcode the fix I posted so it no longer works or they will provide an option for disabling DoF from the game settings themselves. 

Hardcoding blur is a bad choice to workaround something that needs proper fixing.

4 minutes ago, xon said:

True, they don't recommend it as it can add problems if doing wrong.

I've said this a few times, but they should add an advanced gfx settings tab right into

the game to offer low and high spec users a chance for better gaming experience.

Would be nice if someone from dev's team says they are working on it.

@all

So my understanding of what happened is that they are not at all comfortable with people discussing .ini file editing in any circumstances as it would probably lead to unsavy issues and debates around potential edits that may provide an unfair advantage thus breking the core rules of the game. So they just don't allow any debates on the issue, rules or no rules.

That said, @PUBG_Hawkinz who removed the thread did also assure me that they are now aware of the issue so as I've said one way or another we will get an official answer from the developers about this problem. Positive (an in-game blur fix) or negative (a hardcode on my fix or others) that remains to be seen. We should know soon enough.

As for the mods here my opinion is they allowed the thread to stay open until the devs were fully informed of the issue and only after that did they delete it for the above reasons (again, I have a different opinion than Hawkinz on the validity of the removal but I do understand why he did it).

So let's wait and see what the devs do about the blur issue since it's quite an important one at the moment. I have a problem with it for health reasons but reddit exploded against it for fps performance issues (as it does also affect that - a bit).

Edited by rav-kz
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Killua said:

True, they don't recommend it

Exactly. They're not saying "don't do it, don't discuss it" though. Just "thar be dragons, enter at your own risk".

Edited by xon

11 minutes ago, rav-kz said:

That said, @PUBG_Hawkinz who removed the thread did also assure me that they are now aware of the issue so as I've said one way or another we will get an official answer from the developers about this problem. Positive (an in-game blur fix) or negative (a hardcode on my fix or others) that remains to be seen. We should know soon enough.

As for the mods here my opinion is they allowed the thread to stay open until the devs were fully informed of the issue and only after that did they delete it for the above reasons (again, I have a different opinion than Hawkinz on the validity of the removal but I do understand why he did it).

So let's wait and see what the devs do about the blur issue since it's quite an important one at the moment. I have a problem with it for health reasons but reddit exploded against it for fps performance issues (as it does also affect that - a bit).

To be honest, there are other threads they should have removed for walking hard on limit.

Removal is useless as this single option is known on unreal engine's website and especially for pubg on reddit + more (still in other threads right here too).

I would understand a fair close to the thread with post that they are working on it, but removal will lead to misunderstanding.

Edited by Killua

5 minutes ago, rav-kz said:

I won't be holding my breath for it. What I don't get: is it so hard to have designate one of the community managers an official spokesperson to publically announce information like this? We never get direct communications from anyone.

Sometimes PU tweets stuff, within the confines of Twitter (lol onehundred--howmuch?--sixty? characters?), which at best is tangentially related to current community topics and could mostly be classified as "announcements". Fair enough, it's Twitter. That's what you do on Twitter.

Then there's Hawkinz who will sometimes post announcements here. When he does, it looks like he's getting a prepared statement (like patch notes) that just need to be copypasted somewhere on these forums.

When there's interactions like this last one, noone talks at all, one of the affected users gets some info akin to a verbal note, which gets passed along word-of-mouth.

Are all of the devs politicians in another life? Super secret agents? Always leave plausible deniability? IDGI.

/rant

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xon said:

Sometimes PU tweets stuff, within the confines of Twitter

Yep the latest tweet from PlayerUnknown himself was this:

"Finally got round to watching @NarcosNetflix. Fantastic show, but they seem to be suffering from an infinite ammo bug with their revolvers!"

To which of course I repplied:

"Did u see that awful scene where a person fell ill vomiting? Wait, that's not a movie, that the latest PUBG experience playing /w blur DoF"

#trollingthemastheytrollus

4 minutes ago, rav-kz said:

"Finally got round to watching @NarcosNetflix. Fantastic show, but they seem to be suffering from an infinite ammo bug with their revolvers!"

@PU: Snape kills Dumbledore. You can stop watching now.

8 minutes ago, rav-kz said:

"Did u see that awful scene where a person fell ill vomiting? Wait, that's not a movie, that the latest PUBG experience playing /w blur DoF"

Worst case, lots of kids end up in hospital like did after small pikachu fired up his flash attack.

Srsly, thats no one want to happen again.

Just now, Killua said:

Worst case, lots of kids end up in hospital like did after small pikachu fired up his flash attack.

Srsly, thats no one want to happen again.

Well we laugh but in the US where insurance is private and people are maniacs about lawsuits this may actually end up being an issue.

4 minutes ago, rav-kz said:

Well we laugh but in the US where insurance is private and people are maniacs about lawsuits this may actually end up being an issue.

grid-cell-26568-1380579909-21.jpg

Oh, exploitable...

Something has changed in regards to the low settings. Anyone else notice how dark the room is now where the character model stands before you ready up? 

9 minutes ago, Ricky_Sanchez said:

Something has changed in regards to the low settings. Anyone else notice how dark the room is now where the character model stands before you ready up? 

They forced Medium Shadows.

To the Op, it doesn't really bother me.  Though,  I get why it should be something we as the player picks.  Summit and Doc both talked about how it should be the player who picks.  So, lets see what happens now.  Two of the biggest streamers talked about how they would like to see an option for the blur.

26 minutes ago, Inthepast said:

They forced Medium Shadows.

Plus ambient occlusion, bloom and depth of field... The game is looking so horrible right now that I can't even stand to play it.

2 hours ago, Pedro-NF said:

Plus ambient occlusion, bloom and depth of field... The game is looking so horrible right now that I can't even stand to play it.

I've noticed 0 depth of field...  I don't see why ambient occlusion or bloom is a bad thing. I think the game actually looks amazing.

32 minutes ago, Inthepast said:

I've noticed 0 depth of field...  I don't see why ambient occlusion or bloom is a bad thing. I think the game actually looks amazing.

You may think whatever you want, but allow others to disagree. The way it is now, this is being forced on us, leaving us no choice.

Edited by Pedro-NF

53 minutes ago, Pedro-NF said:

You may think whatever you want, but allow others to disagree. The way it is now, this is being forced on us, leaving us no choice.

What... I never said you couldn't disagree.  Still haven't said why the game looks bad with ambient occlusion and bloom.

Ambient occlusion is a must have if you ask me.  Now bloom I can see some people don't like light for some reason.

2373751-screen_shot_2012_11_21_at_11.06.21_pm.png

54 minutes ago, Inthepast said:

Ambient occlusion is a must have if you ask me.

Then, by all means, use the damn thing, but leave us the choice to turn it off.

1 hour ago, XibaRootS said:

i fucking hate bloom... give us the option to disable it before releasing it into the wild

Bloom, camera shakes, blur effects (DoF, motion ect.) - In my opinion they have no place in a competitive game, and we should be able to remove them all. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if I am in the right thread since it says test servers. But on the live servers with the new patch I just finished playing 1hr30min and have the worst headache and feel super sweaty. Pretty much the symptoms I get in other games that give me motion sickness. 

Going to go lay down now D:

Edit: 1st person servers.

Edited by nynex
  • Like 1

I think its hilarious people cry so hard with lies to get the devs to change something they don't like..

"The new patch makes me so sick i vomit! Devs this is unacceptable, change it back! "

Lol... grow tf up. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, defhed said:

I think its hilarious people cry so hard with lies to get the devs to change something they don't like..

"The new patch makes me so sick i vomit! Devs this is unacceptable, change it back! "

Lol... grow tf up. 

Literally nobody is saying they're vomiting. Depth of Field on a computer screen can definitely cause nausea though, depending on the person. 

• Like 1

The thing I have the biggest problem with is, that DoF is unnecessary. If I look at the horizon for instance, everything else on the screen is out of focus by default. If I want to look at my weapon, I should be able to - I don't need the devs to dictate on what/where my focus is. 

• Like 4