rav-kz

The latest patch on the test server makes me physically sick

26 minutes ago, rav-kz said:

For me it's actually not about the visuals.

Considering that screenshot where everything in the distance is blurred out, I'll suspect pretty much everyone will turn post-pro down even if that minimum amount of blur on the weapons stays forced.

Effectively, it's the game deciding that you are now looking at something close by (great idea! /s), so everything in the distance gets blurred. That's the definition of Depth Of Field FYI. Totally disregarding your eye movement, which this is supposed to simulate. People who leave it on high or whichever level is required to trigger the behaviour as seen in the screenshot will be at a disadvantage because distant enemies can hide pretty well in that blur.

Edited by xon

I'd also like to know how this change was not submitted in the patch notes as it's quite a change for some people. Maybe hoping no one would notice ? 

I tend not to read the patch notes as much anymore as stuff like this is left out and you only notice it when you play or are watching a Stream of the game leaving people thinking 'WTF' You then see something like this and read the patch notes to find no mention of it confusing people further.

Transparency fading....

3 horas atrás, xon disse:

Considering that screenshot where everything in the distance is blurred out, I'll suspect pretty much everyone will turn post-pro down even if that minimum amount of blur on the weapons stays forced.

Effectively, it's the game deciding that you are now looking at something close by (great idea! /s), so everything in the distance gets blurred. That's the definition of Depth Of Field FYI. Totally disregarding your eye movement, which this is supposed to simulate. People who leave it on high or whichever level is required to trigger the behaviour as seen in the screenshot will be at a disadvantage because distant enemies can hide pretty well in that blur.

Even on very low the effect gets triggered.

depth of field should be a player preference and we should be able to turn it on or off withing the game options, its as simple as that, every modern game gives us the option to turn it off or on, i always leave it on off because it sucks

I finally broke down and turned it off after running down a hill, I had my blurry ass rifle held out directly in front of me filling the screen. Not sure why my character was still staring off into the distance, might just be farsighted. :P

It's understandable to try to make it look realistic, however, it's pointless because for now not a single game can actually replicate it correctly.

YOU HAVE MADE THE GAME WERE WE ALL GOT SICK AND YES SOME R PUKING THERE GUTS UP ITS THAT BAD NOT TO MENTION THE HEAD ACHE PLZ CHANGE THIS ITS VERY BAD YOU ARE MAKING PEOPLE SICK ITS NOT RIGHT

On 13.9.2017 at 1:59 PM, Discoband said:

All settings the same, post processing on very low:

kKNLF1m.jpg

edit: it seems like the field of view or something is changed too

Ok the right picture looks terrible... what the heck are they thinking? Looks like the character has forgotten his glasses.

• Like 1

On 28/09/2017 at 5:18 PM, Diseluded said:

It's understandable to try to make it look realistic, however, it's pointless because for now not a single game can actually replicate it correctly.

It doesn't need to be replicated at all.  Your eyes/brain automatically do it.  Trying to do it in game makes it look unrealistic.

Edited by Freshenmeyer
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Please allow us to disable Post Processing, bloom, lens flare and headbob as it gives most players headache. Just bought the game with 3 other friends but all of us hate the forced Post Processing blurry look so we're thinking refunding if it's going to be permanent. 

Edited by chaeyoung
  • Like 1

The Head Bobbing gives me head ache allso. Had to bumb FoV nearly to the max so I could play for a while.

IS THIS GOING TO BE FIXED OR SHOULD I UNINSTALL THE GAME DOSENT SEEM LIKE NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE HEALTH ISSUES ITS CAUSING FROM THE LAST UPDATE LOOKS LIKE NO ONE CARES ABOUT IT

On 15.9.2017 at 10:11 AM, Akaki said:

It started happening to me too. Not sure why. FPP at first made me motion sick too. 

Looking for a fix right now. Hopefully someone from the community can recommend something. 

Try raising FoV, It helped a little for me.

On 9/15/2017 at 1:35 PM, PUBG_Hawkinz said:

We're having internal discussions regarding this change and are reviewing player feedback.

Thank you for all of your valuable feedback.

@PUBG_Hawkinz So did these discussions actually lead to anything?  Driving me crazy every time I fire the game up.

Edited by Freshenmeyer

harden up or go see a doctor..

Makes perfect sense that the gun would be blurred if youre looking forward.

Go get a gun and test it.

6 hours ago, Agent00Soul said:

I doesn't make sense that the game try to force where we look.

If I wan't to look a my weapon, I should be able to see it crystal clear. 

DoF, headbobbing ect. makes a lot of people feel sick, and simply to "harden up or go see a doctor" is not an option.

On 10/1/2017 at 12:35 AM, chaeyoung said:

Please allow us to disable Post Processing, bloom, lens flare and headbob as it gives most players headache. Just bought the game with 3 other friends but all of us hate the forced Post Processing blurry look so we're thinking refunding if it's going to be permanent. 

On 10/1/2017 at 4:51 AM, Kajautus said:

The Head Bobbing gives me head ache allso. Had to bumb FoV nearly to the max so I could play for a while.

On 10/1/2017 at 4:19 PM, CCBPAPA_BEAR said:

IS THIS GOING TO BE FIXED OR SHOULD I UNINSTALL THE GAME DOSENT SEEM LIKE NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE HEALTH ISSUES ITS CAUSING FROM THE LAST UPDATE LOOKS LIKE NO ONE CARES ABOUT IT

Change FOV to 90 if it isn't set at that.  It's a known issue that people that suffer from motion sickness/sensitivity will become nauseous on anything less than 90.  The alternative is to move your monitor further from your face.  Console which use TV's use 70 because you're further back to give you a perspective on how FOV works.

I used to suffer from this on any game from Steam that used the source engine because the default FOV was below 90.  We're talking puking in 15 minutes or less.

12 hours ago, Agent00Soul said:

No, it doesn't.  Just hold your arm out and look at your fingers - then move your eyes to look at your shoulder.  Is it out of focus? No.  It's a pretty simple concept really.