Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daniel_

Alpha 2 - Update 3 Discussion

This is your place to discuss the latest changes made to PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Alpha build, outlined in the post above.

Love the changes to med/first aid kits and being able to switch shoulders in third person. Duo's is a lot of fun and the revive mechanic is cool though seems buggy at the moment. Keep up the good work :D

love the game i have just enough ram 8gb's and i lag hardcore at the beginning of every game can't wait till the REQ's are lowered other than that cannot wait to try team mode.

I liked the risk vs reward of the med kit before this patch and not being able to cancel out of it since you can cancel out of the lesser ones. Having to decide which is worth it at the time of heals makes it more challenging. The revive mechanics is such a clever addition. My favorite part was being able to get decent frame rates Thurs night for gameplay. :x

1 hour ago, Airmid said:

I liked the risk vs reward of the med kit before this patch and not being able to cancel out of it since you can cancel out of the lesser ones. Having to decide which is worth it at the time of heals makes it more challenging. The revive mechanics is such a clever addition. My favorite part was being able to get decent frame rates Thurs night for gameplay. :x

My sentiments exactly. When the revive system is right, there can be nothing wrong with Battlegrounds :)

Amazing patch.

The "kill feed" at the bottom is a bit spammy with all the knockdowns and kills, but I assume that interface will probably be cleaned up eventually.

I'd like the color for the team mates circle marker to be a bit more visible like a green or red. The world has a lot of green/blue so the teal kinda doesnt pop out a whole lot. Also, there is no depth in the team mate marker. What I'm saying is like if there are 5 buildings between your team mate, it looks like he could be in any building because the marker is the same color, shape, and size no matter what obstacles are in the way.

I think the medkit change was just a good quality of life change. Realistically if you are in a position to use a medkit, you probably arent cancelling it anyways. So the change isnt too big if you think about it. Its just quality of life IF someone happens to rush you while you are healing you can potentially outplay, I like it.

And yeah, the revive feature is bugged, I posted a thread with the biggest bug. When you kill the enemy who downed your team mate, your team mate auto dies.

I absolutely love the game! Only issue I run into quite a bit is mid game.. Just no action for a solid 10 minutes sometimes.. I think bumping the player count up to 100+ from 60 would fix this but I see they are tweaking the rate the gas moves in so that might fix this as well.. GREAT GAME! I would also love to see some masks/more cosmetics added as well but I understand gameplay/bugfix/optimizations are first to be worked on and they are much more important! 

6 hours ago, werdism said:

I absolutely love the game! Only issue I run into quite a bit is mid game.. Just no action for a solid 10 minutes sometimes.. I think bumping the player count up to 100+ from 60 would fix this but I see they are tweaking the rate the gas moves in so that might fix this as well.. GREAT GAME! I would also love to see some masks/more cosmetics added as well but I understand gameplay/bugfix/optimizations are first to be worked on and they are much more important! 

They're goal is to increase the player count by release, no target has been set yet but I'd guess they're aiming for around 100 or more. That would be pretty awesome!

@werdism I've suggested before that the airdrops be changed to drop slower and leave a bigger, more obvious smoke trail of where they landed for a longer period of time, so players can who are actively looking for a fight and wish to contest airdrops can do so.

What do you think about this? I think it would lead to a lot less downtime for those players who wish for there to be more combat mid-game, without changing the pace of the game for those who wish to actively find it.

Duos, my first time playing in a while. Not much to say with the short amount of time I had today but seems like we are heading in a positive direction. Will get a better felling tomorrow for sure!

I have to say that i like the parachuting a bit better this weekend. However this is disturbed by the plane changes. The increased flying speed and the more randomized drop spots create some issues with the fps/lag that happens during the first seconds of flight of the plane. The fps issues persist into the parachuting and can make it hard to direct where you want to go and sometimes even not being able to move at all.

Hey guys, i think that have one huge problem at menu. Menu is limited and we cant do much things. I cant choose my resolution at full screen mode

Hey all, loved the alpha test :D even had a duo with the famous Lirik on twitch :D 

The problem i had, when i changed my button forward to Z (cause we have azerty keyboards in Belgium) and when in game pressing alt (Freelook), i kept on auto running :/

and i had to change the keys again to Z,S,Q,D  manually.

i would love to change the key Alt (freelook) also to another key wich was not possible

Keep up the good work, overall great experience

Best gaming experience Ive had in many years. All the fun ive had with VR this year might surpass it. Just might.

This is the most fun game i've played since the For Honor beta test. Gave me the same feeling of longing when I couldn't play it that For Honor did after that beta ended, can't wait to see where you take this game, test it in later phases(alphas/betas), and buy the game on release. Thanks for the great game!