MajorFun

Is ReShade blocked for all now?

Battleye is blocking the dxgi.dll file from ReShade. I've had this happen before but after one or two re-tries it goes through. Not today. I removed ReShade and the game started right up. Re-installed ReShade and blocked.

Is this for everyone? Anyone else unable to use ReShade?

Thanks!

There is an issue with ReShade at the moment, they are aware of it! :)

My opinion is it shouldn't be allowed, so good on BE. But i'll be in the minority on this and get crucified. 

• Like 1

I just started using Reshade and I love it. Makes the world look less Soviet. But, two days of using it and it stopped working. Bluehole seems to be aware of many issues, which is nice. Hope this awareness leads to a quick fix, but I'm not holding my breath.

22 minutes ago, Haze said:

There is an issue with ReShade at the moment, they are aware of it! :)

Thanks Haze.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xTekx said:

My opinion is it shouldn't be allowed, so good on BE. But i'll be in the minority on this and get crucified. 

You have a valid reason though.  I use reshade and it sharpens everything, some would call it an advantage.  But I suck at this game either way so I'm not one to talk lol

I got annoyed with ReShade getting blocked so often, this time I just removed it and reproduced the effects I had using my GPU software.

Glad to see they are still allowing it, the game looks so much better with it.  Even besides a tactical perspective its just more aesthetically pleasing.

Would be awesome if this was just how it looked naturally but I get it not everyone can have the best setups.

1 hour ago, xTekx said:

I don't disagree with you @xTekx (disregard the dubious double-negative and dreaded alliteration). I have not experienced any tactical advantage to having it (I will always be a crap player)-- but I can see how it can be an advantage, especially to that really competitive sub-set who can make the most of small changes. That puts it perilously close to other computational assists we call hacks.

I think it's just a matter of time before PUBG asserts full control over the game's aesthetic (and all aspects of the game). That makes sense from an artistic and business stand-point. Also makes sense if they want to be an e-sport (or at least run in those same circles). I'm fine with that.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy a slightly more colorful island with ReShade.

I love reshade because the dull/gray picture of PUBG kinda bores me out and make my eyes less focus for some reason, also it just looks sad/depressed

Reshade just make everything brighter and bring up my mood, so I play more and win more 

I used to use reshade until i noticed it was killing my fps. After uninstalling it about 2 weeks ago I could replicate it using the NVIDIA Control Panel. Now I run at about 90 FPS constant on my 1050 ti.

But I'm fine with no reshade I really don't see an advantage at all. If anything people who try to use it on low end pc's will have fps issues.

EDIT: Last patch knocked me down to about 70fps, 

Edited by EnvyX

1 minute ago, EnvyX said:

I used to use reshade until i noticed it was killing my fps. After uninstalling it about 2 weeks ago I could replicate it using the NVIDIA Control Panel. Now I run at about 90 FPS constant on my 1050 ti.

can you explain further on the NVIDIA control panel please?  I would like to boost my FPS as well

31 minutes ago, badboy1702 said:

can you explain further on the NVIDIA control panel please?  I would like to boost my FPS as well

Sure just go into the control panel and look for "Adjust desktop color settings" set it to use NVIDIA settings, I run brightness at about 75%, you'll have to tweak that for yourself its a picky setting depends on your monitor, contrast to 100%, Gamma 1.01, digital vibrance which is probably the most important to 66%, all those are in adjust desktop color settings. It'll have the same popping colors as reshade and the clarity should be fairly good. 

You can also google pubg nvidia settings it'll show you how to set for performance etc. The biggest two are under Manage 3D Settings, "texture filtering quality" = performance, "Power management" = performance. 

Then when I'm not playing I just hit circle Other applications control settings. 

My in game settings look like this

Brightness = 89

Screen Scaling = 100( used to run 95 but last patch made it blurry )

Anti Aliasing = High

Post Processing = Very Low

Shadows = Very Low 

Texture = High

Effects = Very low

Foliage = Very low

View Distance = Low

Thats the magic formula I found for a clear game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Haze Yeah after uninstalling reshade I was very happy, I played with the settings for about a day and I would never go back now. I run at a constant 70fps, starting area even facing all the players about 55ish. I only have a 1050TI and I'd say the game is very playable.

Used reshade for about a month and wondering why I wasn't getting good fps numbers reshade control panel said it was only using like 2fps that was a lie after turning it all off i increased almost 40 fps lol. The NVIDIA Control Panel Method is just better if you ask me.

• Like 1

Nvidia tools doesnt have Sharpen/clarity etc tho, thats what i miss the most. Less blurryness. I expirienced 20-30 more fps if i put AA to Ultra instead of very low, so weird. Still trying to find the magic formula for my setup but it isnt optimal. 

Brightness = 85

Screen Scaling = 100  Have to be 100 or else it gets way to blurry

Anti Aliasing = ultra

Shadows = Very Low 

Texture = medium

Effects = Very low

Foliage = Very low

View Distance = Low

This makes it look decent, getting the vibrance from nvidia settings aswell but i still think it looks blurry af

5 hours ago, EnvyX said:

Used reshade for about a month and wondering why I wasn't getting good fps numbers reshade control panel said it was only using like 2fps that was a lie.

This^

1 hour ago, Marjuss said:

Nvidia tools doesnt have Sharpen/clarity etc tho, thats what i miss the most. Less blurryness. I expirienced 20-30 more fps if i put AA to Ultra instead of very low, so weird. Still trying to find the magic formula for my setup but it isnt optimal. 

Brightness = 85

Screen Scaling = 100  Have to be 100 or else it gets way to blurry

Anti Aliasing = ultra

Shadows = Very Low 

Texture = medium

Effects = Very low

Foliage = Very low

View Distance = Low

This makes it look decent, getting the vibrance from nvidia settings aswell but i still think it looks blurry af

The only way I've found to kill the blurry completely is textures on high or very high with scaling at 100 even 99 scaling you'll get blurry. pubg.me has a great article should check that out to.

2 hours ago, Marjuss said:

No, Nvidia doesn't have sharpening, but your monitor should have it, depending on its model. 

7 hours ago, Haze said:

Basically the same as you! Except brightness/gamma

Not the same. I've compared reshade's colorfulness to Nvidia and Nvidia comes up short whichever way you look at it.

That being said I've posted a long time ago on these forums that Reshade will chew up you fps by quite a lot depending on what you use. The most demanding of the popular options are the sharpening methods. No matter what you use it will drop your minimum fps and it might cause stuttering during firefights.

More worrying is the fact that Reshade seems to collide with the game itself. I don't know what it is but there seems to be an issue which causes lag when using reshade. Overall however it's the best method to actually see something in the game and make it look nice. The colors used by BH are washed out on purpose (except the yellow on some of the garbage containers, they forgot to wash that out) and I honestly don't see why they wouldn't allow us to tweak the colors from the in-game settings, avoiding both Nvidia and Reshade. 

7 hours ago, Haze said:

@EnvyX Basically the same as you! Except brightness/gamma :)

4 minutes ago, rav-kz said:

No, Nvidia doesn't have sharpening, but your monitor should have it, depending on its model. 

Not the same. I've compared reshade's colorfulness to Nvidia and Nvidia comes up short whichever way you look at it.

No I meant my Nvidia control panel settings were basically the same as EnvyX's :P

Also the saturation and colorfulness effectiveness will depend on what monitor you have, I was able to emulate the ReShade look reasonably well. The downside is I had to tweak my other games to compensate for the extra digital vibrancy overall. ¬¬

I agree with you though, it would be far more intuitive to just have these options in game. Even very simple access would be good:

PUBGMenu-FPS.jpg.f42e6b79bb207c0fa39e88548c50fb90.jpg

1 minute ago, Haze said:

I agree with you though, it would be far more intuitive to just have these options in game. Even very simple access would be good:

Adding color vibrancy to those options should not be hard to code in.