EquinoxAlpha

Something not right since update

So Since the update I have been losing 1 on 1 battles every time.

Something changed because I am aiming the same as I aslways did, right at centre mass... but non of my bullets seem to register, yet everyone else seems to have instant and perfect aim.

And before the git gud crowd chime in, this is an issue since the update... normally has not been am issue for me.

Are you getting auto-allocated to Asia servers? You have to select the correct region at the moment because of a bug, different region will cause delay

As above, proper server.  Just make sure.

If you are an AK user, well, the recoil is much worse and it doesn't seem to hit as hard.

There is a damage bug that makes 1v1s a bit of a crap shoot right now.

20 minutes ago, NoonTimeDrunk said:

Post your footage and let us view your encounters.

Footage?

Is there some sort of footage being recorded in game? 

Please tell me where it is and I'll gald you share with you.

16 minutes ago, randomhero1090 said:

If you are an AK user, well, the recoil is much worse and it doesn't seem to hit as hard.

I knew there was something off... 

At least I know I haven't just gone to poop.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, EquinoxAlpha said:

I knew there was something off... 

At least I know I haven't just gone to poop.

Thank you.

Nah.  When you lose 50% health to a shot but your lvl 3 vest and lvl 3 helmet take no damage, something is up.

18 minutes ago, randomhero1090 said:

I know the recoil on the AK is different but as for the rest I haven't heard of such a bug.  All all I have played is solo and all of those are 1v1 so..

1 minute ago, ratpak said:

I know the recoil on the AK is different but as for the rest I haven't heard of such a bug.  All all I have played is solo and all of those are 1v1 so..

1v1 at range is differnet from a CQC 1v1.  Most of the popular PUBG streamers talk about a damage bug.

9 minutes ago, randomhero1090 said:

Nah.  When you lose 50% health to a shot but your lvl 3 vest and lvl 3 helmet take no damage, something is up.

@rav-kz mentioned it in passing in another thread. It's one of those pacefalm moments in watching PUBG go from patch to patch....

14 minutes ago, randomhero1090 said:

1v1 at range is differnet from a CQC 1v1.  Most of the popular PUBG streamers talk about a damage bug.

apparently we don't watch the same streamers.

1 minute ago, ratpak said:

apparently we don't watch the same streamers.

I guess not.  I watch Sacriel, Viss, Break and Doc.  All have said it or mentioned it.

25 minutes ago, EquinoxAlpha said:

Footage?

Is there some sort of footage being recorded in game? 

Please tell me where it is and I'll gald you share with you.

If you have a somewhat recent NVIDIA card, there is a free NVIDIA program called Shadowplay that can capture whole matches or highlights when you enable it.  Very minimal fps lost from enabling it.  It's cool too because you can crop the clips from highlights at the end a little too. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Highvelocity619 said:

If you have a somewhat recent NVIDIA card, there is a free NVIDIA program called Shadowplay that can capture whole matches or highlights when you enable it.  Very minimal fps lost from enabling it.  It's cool too because you can crop the clips from highlights at the end a little too. 

Exactly. Use NVIDIA ShadowPlay to record footage and then upload it to YouTube. Perhaps there is some lag with your network while playing the game?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Highvelocity619 said:

27 minutes ago, Akaki said:

Exactly. Use NVIDIA ShadowPlay to record footage and then upload it to YouTube. Perhaps there is some lag with your network while playing the game?

Got it and enabled it.

O.k. so with shadow play enabled I also enabled the FPS counter and noticed that my fps has dipped significantly since the update. I was locking Vsync at 60hz and was getting that easily on my gtx980. 

Since the update I was down to low 50's, I think this is what has been causing my losing streak. I have re tweaked the setting and back to 60fps.

I just turned shadowplay off today, it seems since the update the shadowplay draw has been causing my buildings not to render pretty frequently.  Soon as I turned it off all was well.  It was working fine before the update but something seems to have changed that it's not happy about.  I'll try it again after they do some more tweaks.

47 minutes ago, EquinoxAlpha said:

O.k. so with shadow play enabled I also enabled the FPS counter and noticed that my fps has dipped significantly since the update. I was locking Vsync at 60hz and was getting that easily on my gtx980. 

Since the update I was down to low 50's, I think this is what has been causing my losing streak. I have re tweaked the setting and back to 60fps.

First order of business: disable vsync. It adds unnecessary input lag and it will screw up your aim. Make sure it it disabled both in game and in nvidia's cpanel. Go from there and see if your aim seems just as off as you mentioned.

Don't have proof, but I do play with a friend who has been having this exact issue. He has enough hours in to know better. I've seen it when he was streaming, but of course I wouldn't notice it while spectating him, as the spectator view isn't synchronized for whatever reason.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, randomguy said:

Don't have proof, but I do play with a friend who has been having this exact issue. He has enough hours in to know better. I've seen it when he was streaming, but of course I wouldn't notice it while spectating him, as the spectator view isn't synchronized for whatever reason.

I have given up playing tonight, its pointless. 

Something is seriously off, I can't even get in top 25.. and for someone who is nearly always in the last 10 and win one in every 20 or so games this is something really off.

For me, lately, i got stuttering, lots of network lag, weird aimpunch, acog seems off, i dont know.

still like the game, but a bit annoying.

• Like 1