mamadi22

[Bug] VOIP(peer2peer) possibly cause of lag/rubberbanding

mamadi22    4

hey guys i want to know voice chat is working? cuz i cant hear anyone and i thing noone can hear me i dont know whats wrong, my microphon is working fine and i can speak to people in other games but in this game i cant hear anybody!! anyone know how to fix this?

mamadi22    4
2 hours ago, Simbrave said:

Yes it is working, push to talk. 

i know its push to talk but i cant hear anyone thats my problem i want to know why

ajqwest    0

I am unable to hear anyone in game, teammates or otherwise. I've tried switching between all the channels, push to talk, open mic, etc. I've even tried some of the workarounds I've seen on here about directly editing the in game audio mute settings to no avail. 

One time this weekend though I did get a popup (which I regretfully didn't pay too close attention to), and after I clicked ok the voice chat started working! (I could both hear people and talk). Unfortunately after I restarted the game later that day I was unable to hear anybody again and haven't seen that popup since.

I think this was some sort of permission dialog asking me to give the game elevated permissions of some kind but I can't remember what exactly it was asking. Any devs or more technical people have any idea what popup this could have been and how I could make it appear again? I've tried running both the game and steam in administrator mode as well as disabling Windows Firewall with no luck. Hopefully this can get resolved before early access this weekend. Any help is appreciated!

Note from the moderators:

Please specify the ISP and firewall you are using in a reply if you're having the same issue.

mamadi22    4
11 minutes ago, ajqwest said:

I am unable to hear anyone in game, teammates or otherwise. I've tried switching between all the channels, push to talk, open mic, etc. I've even tried some of the workarounds I've seen on here about directly editing the in game audio mute settings to no avail. 

One time this weekend though I did get a popup (which I regretfully didn't pay too close attention to), and after I clicked ok the voice chat started working! (I could both hear people and talk). Unfortunately after I restarted the game later that day I was unable to hear anybody again and haven't seen that popup since.

I think this was some sort of permission dialog asking me to give the game elevated permissions of some kind but I can't remember what exactly it was asking. Any devs or more technical people have any idea what popup this could have been and how I could make it appear again? I've tried running both the game and steam in administrator mode as well as disabling Windows Firewall with no luck. Hopefully this can get resolved before early access this weekend. Any help is appreciated!

i have the same problem and i dont know how to fix this :|

Please follow these steps - Go to %appdata% -> local -> TslGame -> Saved ->Config ->WindowsNoEditor -> GameUserSettings and change bIsVoiceInputMute to False

Appdata is a hidden folder so make sure you make it available for view.

ajqwest    0
17 hours ago, Slyvinlisha said:

Please follow these steps - Go to %appdata% -> local -> TslGame -> Saved ->Config ->WindowsNoEditor -> GameUserSettings and change bIsVoiceInputMute to False

Yeah this is the workaround I meant I already tried. That setting is already set to False. I really think it's something else because one time it fixed itself after that popup I mentioned but only for one instance of the game. After I restarted it I was back to where I was.

Hop    3
Posted (edited)

I have the same problem. I have posted twice once in bug reports, and the other in general chat asking if it will be fixed for release, and both times my thread was deleted without any notice or reason. 

Also how can I enable for viewing appdata folder?

Edited by Hop

Hop    3

I have it set to show hidden folders, but still cannot find AppData folder.

hey @Hop you could also copy and past this into your browser at the appropriate spot. Just make sure you fill in your PC Name!

C:\Users\PCNAME\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

Hop    3

Thanks, I was able to find the settings and changed it from True to False. Hopefully this fixes it, we shall see tomorrow for release :D

58 minutes ago, Hop said:

Thanks, I was able to find the settings and changed it from True to False. Hopefully this fixes it, we shall see tomorrow for release :D

Great, please let us know if it works for you! :-) 

PUBG_Hawkinz    1,092

Hi everyone,

For those of you having issues with voice comms not working and you've followed @Slyvinlisha's steps below, could you please mention which country you're playing from?

On 3/22/2017 at 8:48 AM, Slyvinlisha said:

Thank you very much! Hopefully it can be sorted for you ASAP.

Hop    3

I am from the USA but I will keep you guys posted tomorrow.

• Like 1

KiikaPaula    2

Voice chat is enabled both in-game and in configs. I toggle between unmute and mute voice chat. Can't hear anyone in-game, never could. All my friends however can.

KiikaPaula    2
On 3/21/2017 at 9:48 PM, Slyvinlisha said:

That is exactly what I have, but I still cannot hear anyone.. 

Kojonudo    0

played like 5 games and chat voice works perfect , went to eat something then came back launch a duo game but i cant hear anything , tried solo mode and still cant  hear anybody

BIGBOY    26

Same, voice chat suddenly stopped working and couldn't hear anyone even in pregame. 

ajqwest    0

From USA here. And same problem still. No voice but all my teammates can hear and talk

PUBG_Hawkinz    1,092

Sorry about the issues guys.

If you haven't already, could you please respond with the ISP and firewall you're using?

Thank you 

Vengar    1

Same Problem here!   ISP is Charter Communications.  Windows 10 Firewall

• Like 1