ManFromChicago

FOG: How do you change your strategy?

How does your strategy change when you are in a a heavy fog game?

Less worried about sniping? So more open field running?

More about close combat and sound?

• Thanks 1

Definitely less concerned and, as long as the circle permits, definitely choose to run everywhere compared to using a vehicle. Also, I typically won't even touch a 4x or 8x in the fog. 

Also, the thing I mostly do when I get a fog map is use the "Exit to Lobby" option. ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

actually 4x n 8x is still useful in fog games. u can still spot ppl when they r on hills or higher ground.. i didnt make this video but yeah helpful tips 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ManFromChicago said:

How does your strategy change when you are in a a heavy fog game?

Less worried about sniping? So more open field running?

More about close combat and sound?

If you're good at scanning everywhere around you as you run, rushing can be okay. I'll get something like an M16 and a 4x scope and just keep running. I find it easy to spot enemies who are also running towards the same area of the circle as me from a different direction, then I just take them out.

When you get to the smaller circles it's very easy to hide, it does still depend on the type of terrain your on though. In the smaller circles I do lots of movement via proning because it can be ridiculously hard for players to see you.

42 minutes ago, Stambo said:

Lol, my strategy for fog is exit to lobby. :D

its not that bad... but i exit to lobby when its raining too.. lol

5 hours ago, simiLan said:

its not that bad... but i exit to lobby when its raining too.. lol

I wouldn't mind the rain  if they actually turn the volume down.

28 minutes ago, hybriduno said:

I wouldn't mind the rain  if they actually turn the volume down.

same.. its just too loud.

I love how SMGs, Shotguns, ARs and x2 scopes are favored by the fog weather. It's interesting to know that your overall tactics will have to accommodate the fog. Close engagements and a lot of emphasis on being stealthy. Fog has a lot of suspense build into the core gameplay.

The UMP9 with a suppressor was always my main but now it really is all I need.  The VSS can truly shine in this weather too, almost like it was was designed for fog. It comes with an integrated suppressor and a perfect close to mid range scope and 9mm is very common to find. If the VSS can't win you a match in fog then it never will. I still get use out of x4 and x8 scopes, bigger targets are easier to hit after all. 

Posted (edited)

I love the fog matches. I don't see why some people are so against a little variety now and then. It's the spice of life... and death for that matter

I will generally run with an SMG and a shotty in fog matches, not touching anything more than a 2x scope and actually stopping at soft cover a lot more when traversing open areas.

I've also had an awesome squad game where it was one close quarters battle after another. On of our squadmates holed up in a house with a Kar98 and we were calling out directions and landmarks so he could score hits through the fog. That was incredibly satisfying. :D

Edited by Urby

47 minutes ago, Urby said:

I love the fog matches. I don't see why some people are so against a little variety now and then. It's the spice of life... and death for that matter

I will generally run with an SMG and a shotty in fog matches, not touching anything more than a 2x scope and actually stopping at soft cover a lot more when traversing open areas.

I've also had an awesome squad game where it was one close quarters battle after another. On of our squadmates holed up in a house with a Kar98 and we were calling out directions and landmarks so he could score hits through the fog. That was incredibly satisfying. :D

i love the fog.. at least it doesnt make me deaf

What fog game  does to me and my body is not so healthy, i get that constant top 5, end circle feeling. Always anticipating that one guy that will jump in from the side, or from behind and 2 tap me. Really scary game mode for me 

• Like 1

@simiLan I saw your comment on my tutorial & had to come here to check out if people find it useful! Thanks for sharing, didn't hope for that tbh :D So, what is the feedback on the tutorial? Hope you guys found it at least a bit useful?!  :) If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask me - I love to help whenever I can. :) 

I am not the biggest pro in this game, also I know it is funny for some people to take advice from a girl regarding video games but I do have more than 900 hours played & recently hit top 500 eu which is a huge deal for me considering I never played any shooters & mouse precision games before so I'd say I've learnt a lot from my mistakes in these past few months and might give an advice or two perhaps.:D <3 

Hugs to all,
S.

• Like 2

I just try to not be on the top of hills or roofs, cause I think you're easily spottable during fog map on the high spots.

Much less driving, I'll happily go on foot most places with less fear of being spotted. Also hiding in bushes becomes much more viable.

Mmm the most relevant change for me it would be avoid high ground and i usually i shoot whit 2 guns and move like 100m so i can ambush people baited by the gun fire 

Em 04/10/2017 at 21:52, simiLan disse:

actually 4x n 8x is still useful in fog games. u can still spot ppl when they r on hills or higher ground.. i didnt make this video but yeah helpful tips 

I did not understand that Tip she says to drop the secondary weapon... What is this for?

On 06/10/2017 at 7:19 PM, Leorreia said:

I did not understand that Tip she says to drop the secondary weapon... What is this for?

Fog matches are stealth mode matches, therefore you want to minimise your visibility :) If you noticed, your non-equipped weapon handle always peeks vertically ... so when you are in prone, it is easily spotted - same as backpack lvl 3 :) 

If you have much of medics, you may run over of blue circle to find better place. 

I tend to play the edge a lot more. its harder for people to see you so when you have to cross an open field when playing the edge you are less likely to get shot.