ManFromChicago

FOG: How do you change your strategy?

I really like the fog matches.

proning is way more powerful, because usually you can be seen easily from far away, in fog matches this doesnt apply, so proning is very powerful.

whenever circle is runable, i never use a car.

you can just sneak easily.

also if you see a guy, no need to kill em. shooting gives away position, and guy in front of you can kill people in front of him, so he is doing your work.

and then big open fields are no longer certain death, but doable.

SMGs (preferably UMP or vector) become far more viable, and the high drop rate of SMG suppressors  practically makes running one a necessity unless you have a good close range AR with a suppressor. Flash hiders become superior to compensators for all weapons, and snipers and >2x scopes are bypassed. This changes around the entire looting game. As far as gameplay: listening sense becomes more important than sight, stealth and slow movement are more rewarded, foliage becomes way more useful (sight distance is contained within the fog) and generally the game is harder, while also giving you a new potential advantage.

I tend to just use red dot sights (although that isn't too far from what I normally use). I find my self-preferring high damage weapons per shot such as the AKM. I wouldn't pass up any snipers either (Excluding the obvious vss), However, I still favor the high single shot snipers like the Kar98k. In late game, I normally treat it as normally just with maybe a little more movement because of the added cover. 

В 18.10.2017 в 16:41, kramxel сказал:

I hate rain way more than fog.

Same. But I almost love FOG.

On 12/10/2017 at 3:44 PM, Sansen said:

Fog matches are stealth mode matches, therefore you want to minimise your visibility :) If you noticed, your non-equipped weapon handle always peeks vertically ... so when you are in prone, it is easily spotted - same as backpack lvl 3 :) 

I tend to only pick a level 1 pack in solo's as you can carry more than enough ammo/health to take out other players and loot them. Most matches that I make it to the end zone(s) I tend to drop my back pack as this will make both weapons sit flat rather than stick up. I think the ghillie suit actually hides your pack but the weapons still show - I need to have another look at this but it all depends on getting the damn thing :P 

15 hours ago, r0eladn said:

whenever circle is runable, i never use a car.

I find bikes are much more viable in fog. Could just be client side but the sound doesn't seem to travel as well. Caught a few unawares with it, just need to improve my potato aim in CQB :P 

I personally like fog maps.  I think they are much more difficult rounds for sure but I would say I generally stick to 4x and red dot and don't ever take a vehicle unless the circle absolutely hates me and ends up on the opposite side of the map from me!

On 10/4/2017 at 11:52 AM, ManFromChicago said:

How does your strategy change when you are in a a heavy fog game?

Less worried about sniping?

So more open field running?More about close combat and sound?

It is easier to 'skyline' yourself walking across an open field ... the fog put the white background right against you.

IMHO you need to keep as low as possible, and keep darker colors behind you. Someone will not see you at range against the darker colors of a wall our house.

Look at this  ... you can see my targets away from the wall standing up.

Go to 14:45 as I come around the building and look down the wall / fence the targets are very apparent against the back drop of the fog.

Then Watch this from :25 

See the Guy coming out of the water ....

then at 2:45ish the gun fight, our targets have white behind them.

then at 3:55 ish I spot a guy low crawling on enough of a rise, he has white behind him.

Edited by Rat-Patrol
  • Like 1