Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Punisher_1

When are we going to see optimization of this game?

Beyond my personal experience I watch several other you tubers and people on twitch.

We all are having similar issues with lag, frames and hit indication or inconsistencies in the RNG associated with it. The core of the game is gun fights yet they are poorly done when compared to other titles. Additionally Battle Eye is not killing scripters fast enough. 

So Dev Team When will this be addressed? 

when the dev team has time bud sadly that may take a while as they are having to ban hundreds of players for actively cheating to make money off of steam 

I ask a similar question as well as look at the projected timeline we have left until final release, given those factors I would assume we are  are going to be getting some major patches soon, they don't really have much time left to meet Briane Greenes promise that the game will certainly be done by the end of the year.  So yeh, I'm expecting big patches, and several of them in the next two and a half months if they are to get it done.  I just hope the xbox preparation hasn't hindered the PC production schedule, I dont think it should as I believe a team in Spain are doing all the xbox porting...but they too have to have something that works and is optomised to port in the first place I guess.

This game is so broken it isn't even funny. I just died in round where I was already aimed and ready to pull the trigger. In the time it took me to fire 1 round out of a SCAR the other player shot shot 4 or 5 rounds in less than a second. I lost count of the number of folks running exploits tonight such as a single player head shot me the driver and my passenger almost simultaneously while driving full throttle through a field bouncing and what not. There is no way a single person with a single clip can do that let alone one round after the other.

As to the optimizing? You will be promised that when it goes full version. As to lots of big patches soon? I doubt it. They are waiting for the full version to vastly increase their sales.

I just want the FPS to actually make sense. I get frame drops randomly. I want to get my normal 60fps but it will just dip down to 20 for seemingly no reason.

They dont want to. Thats it. There is no any other explination for that. They have the money, they have the resources. 

8 minutes ago, maggot said:

They dont want to. Thats it. There is no any other explination for that. They have the money, they have the resources. 

Pretty sure one idiot will say "It is an early access game and blah blah blah".

Calling this is an Early Access game is a compliment to blueballs. This is the early access of the early access.

PUBG is very hard to optimize

You can download newest Unreal Engine 4 then creat a map 8x8 km, you'll see ultra laggy, cos it's so hard to dev

So many people compare performances between Fornite Battle Loyale VS Pubg , I can say you that it's between Leaf VS Rock

Why Leaf VS Rock ? 

Cos Leaf <=> cartoon <=> 8bit color ---VS--- Rock <=> Reality <=> 128bit color

Good thing we have to rely on Playerunknown's tweets to know what the devs are doing, because none of them bother to answer anything on these forums.

The problem is they've already got paid. They've already got paid WAY more than they thought they'd get based on how popular the game is. The incentive isn't as high because they've banked the money. PU himself said he's already checking out to go traveling more etc. Game isn't even close to ready and already it's "yea I've got some other more fun stuff to do".

They introduced the hacking problem themselves as soon as they brought in crates and the potential for profiting from BP. Barely a whisper about the complete plague of hackers from the devs.

Early on they did all the popularity contest promises about being totally transparent about the development process. Weekly updates and monthly large patches. Optimization was key and all that jazz. A full release by September 2017. All of that is just put to the side or "sorry, we're changing this" as soon as it becomes too difficult. "It's early access" doesn't cut it when you have hundreds of millions of dollars in sales revenue. The time to deliver was yesterday.

In fairness, early early on in the game they did make a lot of improvements. Some of us around since Season 1 remember the absolute hilarity of some of the lag, even more ridiculously bad FPS counts. Servers/game crashing regularly. But since like Season 2? Barely noticeable improvements if any. I have hours and hours of gameplay recorded since I started back in Season 1. I can look at video taken in April and I have pretty much the same FPS that I get today in October. Sure you have some more weapons, vehicles and some new locations but the core experience - how the game actually plays/feels/looks? Not much.

The new promise was a full release by the end of the year. That gives them about two months. All sorts of stuff was promised for that. Things like a proper vaulting system, overhauled UI, actual optimisations, new map(s). If they manage to deliver this in the next 2 monthly patches it'll be complete STEROIDS development.

Let's just say I'm not holding my breath. What I do expect to see is more missed deadlines and empty words on twitter from time to time from PU while on his travels.

And right on cue...within literally hours of my post..."sorry lads, we can't even reset the leaderboards right so here's another delay to the new season"

And then the usual promises "but look at all this great stuff we're doing internally!"

i think the more they introduce new things the more likeliness of game being ever more broken. fix the current problems then create new ones please :( 

On 10/15/2017 at 6:51 PM, Flathless said:

Calling this is an Early Access game is a compliment to blueballs. This is the early access of the early access.

Why don't you go make a game. Also, why don't complaints and suggestions go to the correct sub-forum. Is there no moderation on this board?

On 13/10/2017 at 9:55 AM, Ironmongoose said:

when the dev team has time bud sadly that may take a while as they are having to ban hundreds of players for actively cheating to make money off of steam 

Hundreds of thousands maybe.  Im not joking.  They are banning 20000 cheaters per DAY 

On 16/10/2017 at 5:49 PM, SirTrollington said:

The problem is they've already got paid. They've already got paid WAY more than they thought they'd get based on how popular the game is. The incentive isn't as high because they've banked the money. PU himself said he's already checking out to go traveling more etc. Game isn't even close to ready and already it's "yea I've got some other more fun stuff to do".

They introduced the hacking problem themselves as soon as they brought in crates and the potential for profiting from BP. Barely a whisper about the complete plague of hackers from the devs.

Early on they did all the popularity contest promises about being totally transparent about the development process. Weekly updates and monthly large patches. Optimization was key and all that jazz. A full release by September 2017. All of that is just put to the side or "sorry, we're changing this" as soon as it becomes too difficult. "It's early access" doesn't cut it when you have hundreds of millions of dollars in sales revenue. The time to deliver was yesterday.

In fairness, early early on in the game they did make a lot of improvements. Some of us around since Season 1 remember the absolute hilarity of some of the lag, even more ridiculously bad FPS counts. Servers/game crashing regularly. But since like Season 2? Barely noticeable improvements if any. I have hours and hours of gameplay recorded since I started back in Season 1. I can look at video taken in April and I have pretty much the same FPS that I get today in October. Sure you have some more weapons, vehicles and some new locations but the core experience - how the game actually plays/feels/looks? Not much.

The new promise was a full release by the end of the year. That gives them about two months. All sorts of stuff was promised for that. Things like a proper vaulting system, overhauled UI, actual optimisations, new map(s). If they manage to deliver this in the next 2 monthly patches it'll be complete STEROIDS development.

Let's just say I'm not holding my breath. What I do expect to see is more missed deadlines and empty words on twitter from time to time from PU while on his travels.

Really well said man.  The issue with early access (and popular early access games that sell really well) is just as you said.  They already got paid.  I cant blame the creators for basking in it or slowing down after making millions.  Its human nature to want to enjoy the profits imo.  We do still have a workable game that millions enjoy but yeh, in a perfect world it would be fully optimized and polished and ready to go for full release so we csn enjoy the game to its fullest while the creators can go on holidays and leave us to our fun :)

I don't agree. 

Yes, they've made good money so far by selling 17 million copies but they know now this is going to be massive. 17 mil is nothing. They should be shooting for 70 mil or more in sales. That's how many GTA 5 sold. 

If you think they've they've decided to sit back and enjoy their success so far you completely wrong. They split it into a whole new company so they can focus on growing this and this alone. I would suggest they could easily outsell GTA 5, and I imagine they know that as well. 

When this thing comes out on Xbox, they will double the amount of total sales in the first week. GTA 5 sold 11 million copies in the first 24 hours, Minecraft has over 100 mil total sales. BH, or Battlegrounds Corp, or whatever they are calling themselves now are sitting on a gold mine. They will eventually get it optimised, it may take time, but it will get there. The only real risk I see of this not reaching it's full potential is the cheaters / hackers. That can destroy any multiplayer game, and it's not something that's easy to overcome. Many other games have failed to get on top of it. They are certainly going to have the resources, so let hope they can contain the cheats. If they do, I'll be playing this game for a long time.

1 hour ago, vxdomination said:

Why don't you go make a game.

Uhh because I dont want to and Im not interested in doing one. 

??

1 hour ago, vxdomination said:

Also, why don't complaints and suggestions go to the correct sub-forum. Is there no moderation on this board?

For the past weeks some people started making some threads complaining about the game in this forum section and since no action were taken by the mods this type of threads increased  lot. You can even see people reporting bugs here, so...

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:51 AM, Flathless said:

Yet you bought this game. No one forced you to.

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:47 AM, IsmaelZ said:

Good thing we have to rely on Playerunknown's tweets to know what the devs are doing, because none of them bother to answer anything on these forums.

Considering the amount of stupidity / toxicity here I would certainly do the same.

I'd say most likely by the start of the next year. 

Vaulting will be a major update for them and after that I'd expect most of their team to work on the optimization.