ChubbyWillis

LOST CONNECTION/HOST CLOSED CONNECTION

90888    0

Hello there!

After finishing moving in yesterday I set up my PC and connected it to the given connection. Following the instuctions I was given everything works fine. I can browse the internet, watch videos, etc. However when it comes to playing PubG I can't seem to enter any game. The game starts normally, but when I hit play and it goes to the loading screen after "matching", that's where I get stuck. It takes a while loading only to end up in the error message "connection timeout 2.6.23 -".

Important: I've moved in order to study in northern Germany. I'm now living in a apartment of a student union (or whatever you call it) which has an included lan connection. In order to use it I have to use Cisco's AnyConnect.

I've added some more information about my system, I'm not sure if that is even important. If there is anything else you need to know don't hesitate to ask!

I really hope someone can help me! Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

dwadwa.PNG

90888    0

I also just noticed that "Black Desert Online" doesn't let me connect either, so I guess it's definitley a problem on my side. Might be some ports closed that are needed to play? Unfortunatley I'm not really an expert on that... really hoping on help from anyone, I'm going insane, sitting in a new apartment having nothing to do... .

imZeusj    0
On 14/9/2017 at 9:04 PM, MuffinDefiler said:

HELLO I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION (but it is VERY niche)

I'm on University internet.

I tried many different solutions to my problem of having it have the main title and the loading screen into the game. 

I finally found that for some reason it didn't like my wired connection into the wall. I unplugged and re plugged into a different connection into the wall, and it worked perfectly.

it dont works for me :(

bigfeath    0

Further to my original post.

I have also reformatted and reinstalled windows from scratch - litterally nothing will work :(

bigfeath    0

IVE HAD A WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So because all my friends played and were fine, i had reinstalled and reformatted I spent all day today trying to play around with firewall settings, to no avail.

I then thought I would try to play a game by tethering to my phone, connected instantly (SUCCESS) so therefore it is a network thing, but it is beyond me, so I thought what can I do to get outside my network..................... VPN

So I'm currently trialing express VPN and every game has been seamless and no more connection errors. I've had 4 games in a row, so fingers crossed this is a workaround, until i can find what in the network or ISP is blocking the game

Had the issue of " Host Closed Connection " since this month for atleast 3-4 times and everytime was in top 10 thought it was a SEA Server issue so played it on AS was working great until the last game again in top 5 which completedly frustrated me :/ The game just froze and i am sent back to the menu with the " Host Closed Connection " error :( 

Edited by fLame_stReaK