Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daniel_

Ask Your Questions for the Upcoming Dev Stream!

Cw47TKkVEAQYNDw.jpg

Thanks for your questions everyone! The team's getting ready for the stream now, so we'll soon you shortly!

-----------------

We've got another Dev Stream this week, in which we'll discuss the latest in BATTLEGROUNDS development updates. But we're also interested in hearing what you'd like to learn more about! So post your questions below, and we'll do our best to answer them during the stream. 

For this Dev Stream, the BATTLEGROUNDS art director will be joining us, so this is a great opportunity to also ask about anything related to game visuals. 

------------------------------------

Stream Info

Where: Official BATTLEGROUNDS Twitch Channel

When: Wednesday, January 18th @ 9PM PT

Thursday, January 19th @ 5AM GMT

The servers, during CBT, will be online all the time or just on sat/mon? (Like alpha, i mean)

There will be duo available? 

There will be updates during the CBT or only after?

Heey guys,

A few questions from me:

1: Is the beta going to be a week or a day or 24/7 ?

2: What gamemodes will be in the beta? (solo/duo or maybe both?)

3: Content wise are you guys going to be implementing more weapons ?

4: How are you guys planning to monetize this game besides the initial purchase? Thinking about h1z1kotk style or csgo style or maybe overwatch style

1: Will the ranking system be in this test or just the same leaderboards at the last test?

2: Will any of the new vehicles be available to test?

3: Any big changes to mechanics/game-play from the last alpha be in the beta?

4: Importantly, any new skins will be available to wear?

Hi,

Can we have any precision on when the closed beta will be available, more likely to be beginning or end of february ? Also how long will this test time last ?

I think you guys said that the game will now run fine with 8go of ram, not 100% sure though, can you confirm that ?

Good luck for the launch of the closed beta next month, very excited to play the game again! :D

hi there, i have the first group on facebook about battlegrounds in spanish, the 100% of the people ask me if you guys will give more keys for CBT....
and the second question is, you guys where able to work on some progress with respecto to SLI in this time?

ty and i will be stay tune like always.

bye

I'm curious if there will be another gun that uses .45? Right now only the 1911 and the airdrop tommy gun use it where 9mm for example is used in 3 different ones. Maybe it'd make sense to make the UMP a .45 as well and leave 9mm to the beretta and uzi? Just curious.

Will/are there more sound options implemented yet for this beta?

Have you guys decided on what other team modes you want to make for the game? 3's 4's 5's, or even larger?

While all development questions are fine, know that for this Dev Stream, the team art director will be on stream to also answer your questions! Keep that in mind for any questions you'd like to have answered. :)

Do you consider making the Bomb zone stronger or a bit more noticeable throughout a round seeing the rather small amount of deaths it generated, despite a presumed negative stance towards a red zone in general? I personally have always enjoyed them as how they were introduced in ARMA 2 BR.

Will there be multiple maps developed by the team in the future or will you leave that portion up for the modders to let their fantasies run wild?Maybe bring back some of the old maps in a new attire?

How are the weather effects coming along and will they be dynamic throughout a round or predetermined?

What made you implement the coat as a primary clothing for this game seeing it's overwhelming amount of use in the player-base?

What was the most ridiculous request PLAYERUKNOWN made in regards to art style?

I've been really impressed by the environmental art DICE has produced in Star Wars: Battlefront and Battlefield 1. Have you guys looked into their techniques regarding photogrammetry for asset production and how they compare to your own production pipeline?

I think it's safe to say the majority of people want this.

Are you guys able to make the compass change direction of the way the camera is facing rather then the direction the player model is facing?

When using alt to look around Its important for team call outs and such. 

currently most of the buildings are quite small in square footage and battles inside are usually point blank. will there be a lot more indoor battle areas that can be longer range like 25-50 yards?

How much of the world are you planning to make destructible or interactive with the players? The WIP of the car rolling through fences was awesome and looks so fun. Like any plans for explosives to cause building damage and things?

10 hours ago, Interrogate said:

Are you guys able to make the compass change direction of the way the camera is facing rather then the direction the player model is facing?

When using alt to look around Its important for team call outs and such. 

Yes, this, please!

--

Can you please give us a rundown of how the new shooting / recoil mechanics work compared to the alpha? I believe I remember seeing that the whole underlying system for shooting was rebuilt.

1.The map and the houses seem to me very poor. Do you intend to improve it?
2; Will optimization occur? There are many spikelags. Low fps

Hey there,

I just wanted to contribute a couple of questions.

1) Overall, what is something that as developers you find yourself pondering/debating most in respect to the games launch?

2) From an artistic perspective what is something you can tell us about that you are most excited for players in the community to get to experience first hand?

Nothing too crazy here. Just curious what your responses may end up being if you answer these questions!

Cheers,

Sim