Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zze

Hello ("not a big fan of is the 3rd person cross hairs")

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone, I'm very excited to see this! I played lot of BR on arma love the game mode and can't wait to give this a try. Only thing that caught my eye in the game play that I saw, an am not a big fan of is the 3rd person cross hairs, takes away from the hardcore factor as well makes hip fire a lot more common, having to ADS to engage properly is something I love about the game, so I really hope there will at least be servers with that turned off :) other then that looks great and I'm excited there is finally a standalone (refuses to accept h1z1 as a standalone or even compare to the arma versions).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know if there will be Battlegrounds supported servers with these; however the game has been developed with the modding community in mind. Also the #rd Person hip fire has been a reported issue that the community didn't like, So in the beta im sure they are going to nerf its accuracy. 

On another note this game is fantastic as is. i would by "early access" today if it was released. that being said fantastic if you want like Arma Br and enjoyed H1Z1 a bit. Its almost as if they had a baby. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply, good to hear its already being discussed, never played h1z1 nore do I ever plan too, but I do see the similarities from both arma and h1z1.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We plan to have 1pp only servers too at launch, so that would partly solve your issue with 3pp cross hairs 9_9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BG_FWG said:

We plan to have 1pp only servers too at launch, so that would partly solve your issue with 3pp cross hairs 9_9

Well, not entirely.. 3rd person is still very handy for driving and looking around, I'm saying have 3rd person with no crosshairs :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Zze said:

Well, not entirely.. 3rd person is still very handy for driving and looking around, I'm saying have 3rd person with no crosshairs :P

That wouldnt work cause your aiming reticule will always be in the middle, so i think the best solution just like @BG_FWG said forced 1pp only servers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dkfd3vil said:

That wouldnt work cause your aiming reticule will always be in the middle, so i think the best solution just like @BG_FWG said forced 1pp only servers

Have you played battleroyale? it works fine, you go first person to aim and have accuracy.. also your cross hairs still technically move  when you look around in 3rd person, you just can't see it much like in real life if you were hip firing you wouldn't have any sights...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zze said:

Have you played battleroyale? it works fine, you go first person to aim and have accuracy.. also your cross hairs still technically move  when you look around in 3rd person, you just can't see it much like in real life if you were hip firing you wouldn't have any sights...

I hear what you are saying but i dont think you understand it from a gameplay prespective, they need to make accuracy hell in 3pp or just remove it all together

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, been lurking this forum for awhile now.

In my view 3rd person promotes camping and ambushing players from rooftops, behind walls etc. You can see the unaware player approaching but he has no means to see you and he can hear no footsteps either because youre lying still on a rooftop like a champion.

And the middle ground between 3rd and 1st is tricky. My old gaming monitor had hardware option to place a crosshair in the centre of the screen obviously. Don't know if it would be the same but just pointing out. And the effort put into cheating nowadays is of a very high standard, easier to git gut.

Been aboard in a couple of alphas now and I'm really loving the game. Can't wait to be a part of the next phase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Zze said:

Well, not entirely.. 3rd person is still very handy for driving and looking around, I'm saying have 3rd person with no crosshairs :P

Unfortunately removing third person crosshairs wouldn't really affect the usage of third person shooting.

The two main reasons why are that players adjust and get used to knowing where the centre of their screen is anyway, but the biggest reason is some players have monitors that allow hardware level crosshairs to be drawn on top of their screen and also some players will just use a tiny dot of blu-tak or a permanent marker to mark the centre of their screen anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hawkinz said:

Unfortunately removing third person crosshairs wouldn't really affect the usage of third person shooting.

The two main reasons why are that players adjust and get used to knowing where the centre of their screen is anyway, but the biggest reason is some players have monitors that allow hardware level crosshairs to be drawn on top of their screen and also some players will just use a tiny dot of blu-tak or a permanent marker to mark the centre of their screen anyway.

Sorry but I dont agree with that, If people want to cheat in a game mode where crosshairs are disabled their prerogative, and its fine they usually suck anyways.. but to just say we aren't gonna have that option cause a % will ignore it anyway? why not just put some crosshairs in first person an call this an open world call of duty..

10 hours ago, BG_FWG said:

That's why I said "partly", y'all.

I'm not even gonna bother continuing, I see you are busy amusing yourself with simple contractions and pointless posts, I'll see myself out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Zze said:

Sorry but I dont agree with that, If people want to cheat in a game mode where crosshairs are disabled their prerogative

Well fair enough if you see it as cheating, thats understandable.

But it still doesn't change the fact that good players can easily pinpoint the centre of their screen within a few days of playing .. so it wouldn't really affect how much third person is used. That is my point. I'm guessing you haven't looked at many posts pertaining to gunplay in this game and/or haven't played it yourself, but first person aiming is more accurate than third person, where over medium-long range you have increased bullet inaccuracy. 

10 minutes ago, Zze said:

why not just put some crosshairs in first person an call this an open world call of duty..

Because Call of Duty is a completely different game that plays completely differently. The gunplay, movement and game pace in Battlegrounds is completely different to Call of Duty, let me explain how:

  • Battlegrounds shooting accuracy is very poor when not aiming down the sights (also increased recoil), unlike COD where you can run and gun with almost perfect accuracy. When you aim down the sights in Battlegrounds your player movement is slowed down as you bring the weapon up to your shoulder to fire, giving an edge to the player with the positional advantage in each engagement. 
  • Battlegrounds weapons have a decent amount of recoil and a SUBSTANTIAL amount of recoil compared to weapons in COD, making it hard to shoot fully-automatic and retain good accuracy. Making the game less fast paced and arguably giving Battlegrounds more skill-based gun mechanics. 
  • Good weapons and ammo can be hard to find in Battlegrounds, this means obviously that you have to be more careful with your bullet expenditure in engagements and not just spam full clips at enemies hoping to hit them. 

This game feels nothing like COD and there are reasons for and against using each view model, first and third depending on the situation. If you still feel that you don't like the third person play style, that's fine .. that's ok.. not everyone will like it.

The thing is, the majority of players as far as I can tell (as a community member) enjoy playing in third-person and feel the balance between third and first person is currently pretty good. Third person was originally too strong, and it was nerfed very quickly by the devs due to community feedback. Third person is now much less accurate and there are legitimate reasons for using both the first and third person views based on the situation.

That is why the Battlegrounds team has said numerous times that upon release there will be first-person only servers for players who prefer that style.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only took 5 posts to be rude to the community manager. Not a record but still, quite impressive. 

me: "hey, this partly solves your problem"

you: "well, that doesn't entirely solve my problem"

me: "yes, that's why I said partly"

you: "you are making pointless posts, to hell with this! I'm out!" 

 

Let's all be nice to each other, please, even when discussing the most contentious topics like the cross hairs in 3pp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Arma 3 BattleRoyal have 2 mod,

One 3rd person is so cheat because view all enemy out fov

second  Only fps,     this one is so Realist, 

In car, is so good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, lelbo said:

With Arma 3 BattleRoyal have 2 mod,

One 3rd person is so cheat because view all enemy out fov

second  Only fps,     this one is so Realist, 

In car, is so good

?, what are you trying to say ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they are saying that people can use FOV cheat when playing 3rd person servers in A3BR. And they enjoy 1st person only servers because of realism. This includes driving in 1st person. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most games with 3rd person vehicle view makes it so exploitative/effective its borderline cheating ^

I'll be hanging in First Person Only servers. The other servers are obviously made for the incoming H1Z1 players ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tykjen said:

Most games with 3rd person vehicle view makes it so exploitative/effective its borderline cheating ^

I'll be hanging in First Person Only servers. The other servers are obviously made for the incoming H1Z1 players ;)

Iant a h1z1 player but 3th person is it own game just like 1st person, to say 3th person is for h1z1 players just means you dont really know the difference ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dkfd3vil said:

Iant a h1z1 player but 3th person is it own game just like 1st person, to say 3th person is for h1z1 players just means you dont really know the difference ;)

Since you cant articulate yourself, I'll just say someone obviously didnt get the joke ^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×