azgoodaz

Weapon & Attachments Suggestions

On 2/18/2017 at 8:59 AM, PUBG_tooner said:

There are new weapons planned for EA. First we need to finish polishing the anims and re-doing the balance of the ones we have. I think something semi and 7.62 would fit nicely into the arsenal. Any suggestions or favorites?

Desert Eagle (possibly add .357 mag ammo to use with this?)

MP5                    9mm

hk_mp5a2.jpg

AKS-74U             7.62mm

aks74u.jpg

SKS                     7.62mm

1288258221.jpg

M1 Garand or M1 Carbine 7.62mm

1288258990.jpg

Scorpion              9mm

sa61-2.jpg

@tooner check out http://modernfirearms.net/index-e.html 

it has a huge collection of different types of guns (both military and civvy that are sorted by country)

On 3/18/2017 at 11:30 AM, SiN said:

I love the guns in this game, there is a ton of variety, but i feel a lot of the same too.  There isnt a huge difference between the M416 and the M4A1.  same with the Uzi and the UMP.  Sure different attachments but whats "special" about one over the other ya know?  I'm gonna write a list and give reasons why i think the addition would be amazing

G36 - This gun, 100%, would be AMAZING in this game.  Takes 5.56 ammo, AND it comes with a built in scope with a red dot.  I made a post a while back about finding some rifles with attachments already on them, and i think this would be a great medium for that.  Fire rate is about the same as the M4, and its definitely accurate.  This is by far my favorite 5.56 Rifle to exist.

G36.jpg.c634f2ba2891bdd4f97e9a00260063ae.jpg

Glock 18 - I feel this gun would be great because of the stock magazine capacity (17) and the extended mags (33).  On top of the fact its a select fire handgun, either semi-auto, or full auto.  Its 9mm so the damage isnt as great as a rifle, but it would make me want to actually carry a pistol, and give a better pistol option when you cant find an SMG or Rifle

glock_18.jpg.f54d6863939a674b954fbddb5d2d3710.jpg

Desert Eagle 50 - Yeah, the big boy.  Huge, heavy, and powerful (giggidy).  50 cal will definitely put someone down through armor and 1 or 2 shots of this will definitely do damage without armor.  another good pistol choice.

58cd7c2e4148b_deserteagle.jpg.df60da43b9af9ee5ae0ca4be384a9663.jpg

those are a few i came up with.  what i tried to do is add on to what we have in terms of functionality, not just because i like the weapon.  each one brings something new.  out of all of those though...the G36 addition would make me warm and fuzzy.  

I've suggested this one before to and I fully agree, desert eagle would be fantastic.

Even more so if we can put a scope on it, the pistol is capable of not only doing rifle style damage it has range, it would be fantastic to put the red dot or scope on this baby and  end a few lives!

31 minutes ago, Kainan said:

I've suggested this one before to and I fully agree, desert eagle would be fantastic.

Even more so if we can put a scope on it, the pistol is capable of not only doing rifle style damage it has range, it would be fantastic to put the red dot or scope on this baby and  end a few lives!

a scoped D.Eagle would be disgusting lol.  imagine the rage of someone finding out they got sniped by a handgun lol

Posted (edited)

I'd also go for a SKS more than anything else. M14 or M21 would be possible too.

In addition to the KAR98 there could be the Mosin Nagant and Lee Enfield, not saying I want more snipers per round, I would just like a bigger diversity.

MP5 is a classic, somehow I'd also wish to see a P90, even though it might not fit in too well.

Edit: Please do never implement RPGs. I think this would be completely over the top regarding the playstyle. I could seriously think of adding a M203 attachment as a rare item which could spice up some situations but anything bigger than that is just too much in my opinion.

Edited by Chibbs
Had to add something

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Flooshy said:

M16, M416 and the Scar are all use the same caliber but they have slight differences in handling, damage, recoil etc. Adding more guns just would add more variety and make it more fun. As long as a gun is "good", it doesn't really matter.

If they want a realistic approach, how they mentioned. All guns with the same ammunition should not alter damage, bullet speed or penetration. There is only so many varieties that you could do. Three 55.6 rifles is plenty already.

Edited by Winters

Posted (edited)
On 2/19/2017 at 5:54 PM, OzRecon said:

That or m203 or similar attachment. 

I personally think there shouldn't be explosive weapons or if there are better make sure the ammo for it is EXTREMELY rare. Leave the explosives to hand grenades or remote controlled c4. At least for competitive play leave it out and let it be a choice to be added for custom servers/games. 

Edited by ChrisTC

Posted (edited)

I am actually pretty satisfied with the amount of weapons. What I am most scared about is a neverending stream of new weapons, in the worst case with different ammo where you never find more than the one that comes with the weapon itself.

I can understand the more more more and that people want to play with their favourite IRL weapon but in my opinion less weapons are actually beneficial to a BR game. And I agree with no RPGs. Please never add them or any other grenade launcher.

Edited by Antiversum

I have no problems with guns of the same caliber in the game.

However I agree with some posters here that we shouldn't add more 5.56 guns, though I would argue the m-16 should be replaced with another weapon as it seems odd to be in this game when we already have two other 5.56 weapons.

I'd love to see more pistols and sub-machine guns, and perhaps just because I like it, a sawed off shotgun.

And please god, I've been in games where I run in to five pistols in one house, allow me to use two pistols, cause my accuracy to suck if you must, but I rather have 2  pistols for close range, I see no reason why not if i have no primary.

I'd love to see trip-mines and perhaps bear traps!

I almost want to see a RPG  or rocket launcher, make it drop in the airdrops only, 1 shot no reloads!

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Kainan said:

I'd love to see more pistols and sub-machine guns, and perhaps just because I like it, a sawed off shotgun.

Pls noo :DDD we need more Scar in the game..Or atleast balance the value of the current weapons. M16 everywhere but m4/scar barely somewhere.

Edited by ladykill

29 minutes ago, ladykill said:

Pls noo :DDD we need more Scar in the game..Or atleast balance the value of the current weapons. M16 everywhere but m4/scar barely somewhere.

Personally I think all rifles should be rare, I do think m16's are far too common though, along with all the parts and add ons to the rifles.

7 minutes ago, Kainan said:

Personally I think all rifles should be rare, I do think m16's are far too common though, along with all the parts and add ons to the rifles.

No I can't agree. Especially when we play squad. A lot of times 2 of us didn't even had a riffle or without attachments. The current drop rate is fine.

What about adding a whole new caliber?

.50 and then adding all together a Deagle, a Magnum, a Barrett M82 and who knows what else.

And before you even start saying that "it would be too powerful" well just think about all other games you've ever played where there were some .50 cal weapons, they were never overused, since the downsides made them pretty much not liked by the average competitive player. In my opinion, that would add some diversity to the game, without unbalancing it.

13 minutes ago, Virus said:

What about adding a whole new caliber?

.50 and then adding all together a Deagle, a Magnum, a Barrett M82 and who knows what else.

And before you even start saying that "it would be too powerful" well just think about all other games you've ever played where there were some .50 cal weapons, they were never overused, since the downsides made them pretty much not liked by the average competitive player. In my opinion, that would add some diversity to the game, without unbalancing it.

the Barrett is a semi auto sniper though lol.  it would load fast and has a 10 round mag.  on top of that, that rifle is accurate up to 2.5 MILES (4km) haha.  no armor could stop it, and its VERY accurate.  i dunno, i'd love to see it in rare loot drops only, but people would complain that their character model lost a head after one shot.  

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SiN said:

people would complain that their character model lost a head after one shot.  

If bodies started exploding and it could disable cars with a hit to the engine block.. be kinda cool xD. Or in duo/squad a solid hit isn't a normal knock down, it's a kill or a knockdown with very limited HP left. Only give 10 rounds with the gun, make the recoil ridiculous, have to shoot in the prone or it's inaccurate (they're heavy AF). You could make the rifle difficult to employ but with a large reward.

2 hours ago, SiN said:

Barrett is a semi auto sniper though

There are other Barrett models (95 & 99 come to mind) that are bolt action.

I'm not sure this game actually needs more long range sniper rifles though. Variation to 7.62 rifles (bolt or semi auto- M14, M1A, a few ArmaLites) and additional SMG's would be great. On that note the Thompson being a crate drop is probably the most ignored item in this game.

Edited by migiT

Posted (edited)

What about RPG ? RPG will take both primary slots,launcher will be spawned without a grenade,one has to find the grenade elsewhere (maybe a crate), so that in solo mode it won't be a as deadly and desirable, but in case you were lucky to find both , the launcher and grenade in one stack ( which is quite rare ). But in duos and squad mode this will bring up some interesting gameplay, tactics , and twitch highlight hype into the game. Imagine blowing a car with a squad in it?

Rpg.png

Edited by Foxtrot_Uniform

As cool as it would be to have more weapons, are they really necessary?  What would be the impact be on overall loot drop chances & distribution, especially so if a new ammunition and/or attachment unique the the new weapon system are added as well?  IMO, the Arma3 BR Mod suffered greatly from this gameplay issue, too many loot options to the point where it was pretty common to run around with an unmodded gun and no ammo while possessing ammo and mods for 2-3 other guns sitting in inventory.  I think there is a reason the devs decided to do things like have a limited number of weapons or even fudge it a bit with 7.62 ammunition; IRL all of the 7.62 caliber weapons in PUBG use different 7.62 cartridges, but who want to loot up and carry four different kinds of 7.62 ammo just in case they find the appropriate gun?  Not saying that it can't be done or shouldn't be done, just that the devs have to consider the impact on gameplay with regard to loot drop chance and distribution.     

Just now, Ragotag said:

who want to loot up and carry four different kinds of 7.62 ammo just in case they find the appropriate gun?

I don't think anyone does. But I'm okay ignoring the finer details and accepting a .308 win/7.62 NATO round for rifles even if they technically shoot a 7.62x39 or something obscure. I think the 7.62 arena and SMG's are where they can add or weapon balance a lot at the moment. Toss in a semi auto rifle there. 

3 minutes ago, Ragotag said:

As cool as it would be to have more weapons, are they really necessary?

You have a good point here. I'd imagine they'll add one or two additions and then fine tune the balancing. If they moved towards leaderboard seasons like OW, KOTK, and a few other popular titles they could change the line up of weapons each season. Example- Season 2 of PUBG is all WW2 themed weapons. Season 3 is all modern tactical weapons. Season 4 has a map change and there's a emphasis on CQB and SMG's. Or that might be hokey.

3 hours ago, SiN said:

the Barrett is a semi auto sniper though lol.  it would load fast and has a 10 round mag.  on top of that, that rifle is accurate up to 2.5 MILES (4km) haha.  no armor could stop it, and its VERY accurate.  i dunno, i'd love to see it in rare loot drops only, but people would complain that their character model lost a head after one shot.  

Well...a weapon in a game becomes OP only when the developers make it OP. There are Barretts in almost every fps and they're not overly used. For example you could make them heavier (= run slower), with some serious recoil and a slower fire rate and boom, you're done, you've implemented a new weapon, a new caliber and nothing OP happened

3 minutes ago, Virus said:

Well...a weapon in a game becomes OP only when the developers make it OP. There are Barretts in almost every fps and they're not overly used. For example you could make them heavier (= run slower), with some serious recoil and a slower fire rate and boom, you're done, you've implemented a new weapon, a new caliber and nothing OP happened

And as l say, it's the way a gun is implemented in a game, not the gun ITSELF. I just like the idea of a barrett, the way it looks, the sound, ...and that would give you a chance to add 2 legendary pistols

1 minute ago, Virus said:

this dude hit 1000 yards standing with a B.50 lol.  i'm not doubting you at all, i'm just pointing out that TECHNICALLY it can be done haha

Just now, SiN said:

this dude hit 1000 yards standing with a B.50 lol.  i'm not doubting you at all, i'm just pointing out that TECHNICALLY it can be done haha

Sure, not doubting that, l know that irl the barrett is an anti-vehicle rifle, so is way too overkill, but this is a game  c:

• Like 1

Anything that drops in a crate with red smoke isn't overpowerd IMO

A gilly suit with a silencer is far more dangerious than a one shot BMG that's got a huge muzzle flash and you can hear from half way across the island, and seeing as they changed running speeds with certain weapons out, they could make it take up primary and secondary slots and force you to run slow.

people will complain and bitch about weapons being OP or that they shouldn't be in the game, but things can always be balanced if the devs are keen.

Just now, SiN said:

no they didnt.  

That's what I read, but that information  might have been false, I'll check that out, truth is now that you said that  didn't think abut it at the game, I didn't notice a difference in run speed.

I still think it's a valid balancing mechanic though